Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
L
L
Originally Posted by AndrewP
She also sells the bath bombs made by a local supplier that work really well.

What do these said "bath bombs" do that work so well?

D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP

Woke up this morning to being spammed on my IG account. Some seemingly random woman from the US liked and commented on posts going back over a year and then messaged me her cell phone number and invited me to chat. Unlike most times that seemingly random women are reaching out to me, this one doesn't have a half-naked profile picture and actually seems like a real person. Regardless - I'm not going to respond.

Do I need to go back and add some half-naked pics to my seemingly random woman profile so you'll respond to me? I'm sure the response would be something like "for the love of God, woman, put some d@mn clothes ON", but whatever.........geez, I just wanted to chat. :P

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
T
T
Originally Posted by LH19
Some seemingly random woman from the US liked and commented on posts going back over a year and then messaged me her cell phone number and invited me to chat.

I got one of those a couple of months ago from a Facebook group I’m on. I declined texting, adding her as a friend, and a date. I was open to chatting in messenger to get to know each other and meeting platonically. Alas, she didn’t seem interested in those things, off and on chat with no meeting where I kept shutting down flirting, and the conversation faded away. In my case I think she was dazzled by my adventurous exploits. You must have some compelling photos? I mean to say there’s a middle ground between swapping digits vs. ignoring her in case you have common ground?

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Dawn70
Do I need to go back and add some half-naked pics to my seemingly random woman profile so you'll respond to me? I'm sure the response would be something like "for the love of God, woman, put some d@mn clothes ON", but whatever.........geez, I just wanted to chat. :P
Don't underestimate the power of "bonus curves" laugh As an old friend of mine used to say "more cushion for the pushin" crazy At one point my ex was 190 lbs at 4' 11" high. I was fine with that. She did trim down a bit later but was always a extra curvy gal and I was fine with that too. I think she was around 175 when she hooked up with OM. She did have a charming smile and pleasant manner albeit with quite the temper that was never seen outside the house.

Originally Posted by CWarrior
You must have some compelling photos?
Mostly food pictures. It was a very attractive salsa I made a couple of years ago that she commented on.

Too many shady people out there for me to take the risk. I generally only connect with people with whom I have a mutual acquaintance or that I know outside of social media. And even there, it's hit or miss. The 28 year old daughter of a friend of mine started following me recently - I never followed back. Rude in one way perhaps - not beeing a creepy old man in another. The one woman who I mentioned before who has a lot of drama that connected recently knows 3 or 4 people I know.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
B
B
Avoid the Creople (creepy people!)

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
T
T
"Creople"--lmao! Love it. (:

K
kml Offline
K
At one point my ex was 190 lbs at 4' 11" high. I was fine with that. She did trim down a bit later but was always a extra curvy gal and I was fine with that too. I think she was around 175 when she hooked up with OM. She did have a charming smile and pleasant manner albeit with quite the temper that was never seen outside the house.

Does kind of make you wonder what OM saw in her, and how he feels about the "prize" he won.

P
P
Originally Posted by kml
At one point my ex was 190 lbs at 4' 11" high. I was fine with that. She did trim down a bit later but was always a extra curvy gal and I was fine with that too. I think she was around 175 when she hooked up with OM. She did have a charming smile and pleasant manner albeit with quite the temper that was never seen outside the house.

Does kind of make you wonder what OM saw in her, and how he feels about the "prize" he won.

What an odd comment...

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by kml

Actually I kind of expected it to all fall apart after he found out about her temper. She would go into rages to the point where I was concerned she would hurt herself or others.

The last I saw of her during the divorce proceedings she was probably up a few pounds but now that she's "retired" I expect she's resumed her old snacking habits. Not my issue. She's at best an indifferent housekeeper, decent enough cook when she puts in the effort, affectionate but not interested in sex which given the age of OM may not be an issue anyway.

The narrative I still believe - no clue on if it's true or not - is that after OM lost his wife to cancer, she was supportive. Even told me about them going out for lunch to the pub across from her store. He was needy, she was kind, it got out of hand. I do know that she thought he had money as well. Many men who lose their partner certainly are vulnerable and needy I would presume.

I figure they're making it work somehow. She's too stubborn and proud to admit she made a mistake. No clue why he hangs on. I know nothing about him beyond the superficial. Will it last? No clue - not my concern. I just send the cheque once a month. The kids are grown and have their own relationship with their mother which I know nothing of so that's not a concern for me either.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K
I don't want my comment to be taken as any kind of a dig at weight per se. Just that she sounds like hardly the type of woman that would tempt a man to break up a marriage. Knowing that he was widowed makes more sense - lonely men make an easy mark. And I was referring to her temper when I wondered how he felt about his "prize".

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard