Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
97Hope Offline OP
OP Offline
I wish our forum lived closer, too!!! I would love to have coffee with you guys.

I have a great network here. I hid what was happening for a long time, based on the hope/dream of a recon, but I eventually started telling my closer friends.

As I was developing those relationships more, I found that when I'm authentic, good friendships follow. A wise DBer has that as his tagline : )

You have me thinking about friendships this morning...

---------------------------------
Figuring out who I am outside of being a W took a while. Still a work in progress, I think. But the right people have stayed around and new, great friendships have begun to grow.

Not worried about appearances or fear of abandonment is like an albatross removed from my neck. Having peace with those that come, or go, out of my life brings joy and contentment.

I'm musing also, because a friend texted this morning concerned about me driving to work tomorrow morning. She asked that I text her when I get there. I said "I don't want you to worry, but I sure feel special that you are thinking about me!" She was married 23 years and her X left and married is AP 3 months later. That was 3 years ago. She is now engaged to a wonderful man.

I was at a party at her house last summer and I was envious with how well she handled her X being there (without AP) - how kind she was to him, etc. I also noticed how X would look at her with longing in his eyes when he didn't think anyone was looking.

I've since talked to her, I had no idea about their history, but I told her that at some point I would like to be in that place. She has been a rock for me.

I don't know, maybe we would or would not have become as close, but the end result is a beautiful friendship where we accept each other exactly as we are, encourage growth, and have a spiritual bond too, both being Christian.

------------------

I hope that anyone new to the boards can take some encouragement today that as hard as it is, as bad as you feel, this can be an opportunity for YOU.

The sooner you take your eyes off of your X, the better you will feel, the more you can focus on your own journey, and the more peace you will find.

Reach out, post often and know you are NOT alone.

Happy Valentine's Day to my sweet friends (((((hugs))))

x

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
E
E
Originally Posted by 97Hope
I hope that anyone new to the boards can take some encouragement today that as hard as it is, as bad as you feel, this can be an opportunity for YOU.

The sooner you take your eyes off of your X, the better you will feel, the more you can focus on your own journey, and the more peace you will find.

Reach out, post often and know you are NOT alone.

This! I'm working on it! smile

Me 52, H 56
T10 M7, 2nd MR for both
2 Step Sons (19 and 21)
BD: Fall 2020
D finalized: July 2022
XH Married AP soon after D day.

T
T
Originally Posted by 97Hope
I found that when I'm authentic, good friendships follow. A wise DBer has that as his tagline : ) Not worried about appearances or fear of abandonment is like an albatross removed from my neck. Having peace with those that come, or go, out of my life brings joy and contentment.

Hi Hope, I can't believe I missed your message until now, or maybe it was just awaiting the right day to find me! Wise words. As you aspire to how she handles her ex, I aspire to your authenticity and fearlessness. No update in a bit--I hope March finds you doing as well as February. (:

C
C
97Hope, I hide my situation from all my family and friends IRL for months. Thank goodness for all of you here. This forum was my only outlet. Posting my pain here, got me through the toughest times. and this forum and all you here continue to do that.

YES, talk to friends! THAT was the biggest mistake I made, was not confiding in anyone when I was mentally falling apart. You are so right on so many levels. ((HUGS)) and cheers to us that keep on keepin on and remain strong.

We may fall down, but we get back up again.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
D
D
Hi hope, tracked you down to here! I so agree about friendships. I think that since BD my relationships with my friends (and actually with my kids) have been more authentic and honest and deeper and more fulfilling as a result. I think I got so used to not being myself with H and covering up an imperfect marriage, that hiding who I was was habitual. BD blew everything apart including my defences. And aren't vulnerable friends so much better in every way than those people pretending everything is fine?
You sound like you're in a good place. Definite positives come out of this whole sorry mess. I once listened to a podcast which likened marriage rupture to a mirror being smashed. Afterwards you can make a mosaic from the pieces. In our case, our husbands didn't have the inner strength to work on themselves or the marriage, but we are busy making our very own beautiful, glittering and imperfectly perfect mosaics smile

97Hope Offline OP
OP Offline
DILLY!!!!!!! wow. sooo sooo glad to 'see' you! I've thought about you so much over the last year or so!! Yes, our mosaics...what a great analogy. Mine is still a work in progress, of course, and some days I think i've got the hang of it, but piecing it all together still cuts me some days.

CWar - I'm glad you read it when you needed it. : )

All,

Things have been crazy around here. New job and the training is tough but amazing. I've been on nights (8p-8a) and I'm finally feeling like I've acclimated for the most part.

Blocked XH from phone, but he emailed a copy of my car title (I paid off my car!!) and I responded with "please forward to my address) and he writes back "I did, just wanted to give you a digital copy...blah blah".

I didn't respond. It aggravated me that he opened my mail and is trying to be a "look at what a nice guy I am I scanned it in for you"

....I just see him a lot different now. Something finally fell into place. He was trying to be my friend, and I don't want to be his. I want to just keep him in the past.

Haven't met anyone yet. Decided to wait a bit longer (I felt I was ready and IC said as much) but had a couple set backs last month that made me hesitant.

People at work are amazing. My partner said "I don't know any guys that are good enough for you". I laughed but he said, no. I'm serious. Take your time. You deserve the best.

So I'm taking it slow.

I did flirt with a guy at the market and it was fun. Only a little sad that I didn't ask him for coffee, but that's really not my style so, glad at least i'm finding the fun in being single.

Not much else. Hate that I can't sit down with people IRL right now very often. I have been struggling with loneliness a little, but work helps. Actually, I spend my days off looking forward to work so I can see real people. lol

More later, just wanted to catch up and say hi. Hope everyone is doing well.

x

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
M23 T25

97Hope Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't know who needs to read this today, but I signed the paperwork completely removing myself from my "dream house". 20 years of saving and planning and dreaming, I got to live in it for 5 years.

You know what? I felt NOTHING! I arranged to meet the title company and it's done. And then I had tacos. : )

3 years ago, I thought my life was over. I couldn't breath when I thought about life without X. I didn't know how I would survive. I could NOT accept that my M might be over.

Today, I am strong. I started a new career. I have friends, I work out, I have good days and bad...like everyone else on the planet.

What I don't have? Anxiety and stress over who X is with, when/if D is coming, what mood he's going to be in today, what he thinks about me, what he thinks about...anything.

Stay the course, friend. GAL, keep going, cry when you need to, be ok, be not ok...just keep going. Onward and upward.

There is peace in letting go. There is relief in letting go. There is joy in living in that peace.

The pain you feel now? Ride it out. It will pass. Each wave will get further apart and less acute. Breathe. Accept. Release.

Big hugs to everyone. <3

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
M23 T25

97Hope Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello friends!

I have completed my training and am now (for the most part) enjoying the heck out of my new career. I am working nights, 12 hour shifts, so it is a lot, but I think it has been an amazing blessing.

Struggle sometimes when it's a slow night, I get a lot of time to think about things, but it doesn't last long.

Attended a nice July 4 party at my son and DIL's house. My mom was there, first time I have seen her in 15 months. XH was there as well and, as per usual, acted like we were still married, including making plans to play cards with my mom.

We all just kind of scratch our heads, and continue on.

His GF of 4 years or so is not allowed around our grandkids, so she never attends with him. My son said that he never brings her up, and that he has only seen her a few times, but avoids her. When the kids and grands go to his house, she has to stay in the house. Such a weird situation, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Still haven't even gone on a first date. I sometimes crave the companionship and company and a partner to do things with - Yes, I have female friends, and they are great, but sometimes, I'd love a man around.

My work partner and I are planning on starting a business and I'm extremely excited about it. He and his wife have become very close friends.

Going to see my newest grandchild at the end of July and my youngest graduates boot camp first weekend in august. I will only see XH one day in August for the graduation.

My friend told me to embrace my new life. I think I have, mostly. Those days that I don't are few and far between and for that I am grateful.

xo

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
M23 T25

K
kml Offline
K
You sound great! Living well IS the best revenge!

97Hope Offline OP
OP Offline
KML - thanks so much! Have thought about you a lot over past few months since our sitches are so similar.

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
M23 T25

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard