Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Son’s roommate tested negative for Covid. His vomiting stopped but he now has cough and diarrhea, so we are assuming it’s a false negative. My son is still taking all precautions.

This morning at breakfast CMM pulled one of those large Costco size bottles if Pom juice out of the fridge. Except it had fermented and went off in his hands like a magnum of sticky red champagne, ALL over the kitchen and breakfast nook. I mean everywhere! We woke up fast Lolol.

B
B
UGH

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
G
G
Oh no, all
Of that sounds awful! I hope your sons roommate doesn’t suffer for too long and your son starts safe

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Son is being careful. His roommate was in denial and probably still is. But at this point there’s not much else that would explain his diverse symptoms, especially with a contact whose brother was diagnosed with documented Covid.

I wish I had taken a photo of the kitchen before we started cleaning it - the mess really was spectacular!

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Son’s roommate’s friend - the one who visited him a week and a half ago and later found out his brother had Covid - has now tested positive for Covid. So we’re pretty sure my son’s roommate has Covid, despite his negative test.

job Offline
I am very sorry to read the news about your son's roommate. I do hope that they both can stay safe and hopefully get through this very trying time. I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Last time I heard son’s roommate was feeling a bit better. Son is still feeling ok and we are praying he still has immunity from what we think might have been Covid last March.

Son was texting me yesterday for cooking advice. I can cook but I’m a bit of a reluctant cook - 20+ years of daily cooking for a family of five it was more of a chore (I do enjoy baking though). Still, Thanksgiving I do a pretty good job with and it’s nice to see that my kids all have good memories of those Thanksgiving meals. Son wasn’t cooking a whole meal but wanted to make a couple of Thanksgiving sides and was pleased with his results. Here at my house we have copious amount of leftovers, and I’ll be putting the turkey carcass in my giant stock pot to make turkey rice soup, a big favorite that my mom used to make.

We got up this morning ready to head off to CMMs chemo. We had decided to change from every three weeks to every four weeks but the scheduler had been unable to accommodate that change. Then we got a call this morning from the doctors assistant saying she was gonna make it happen and move it to next Friday. So our morning is suddenly freed up. I have lots of projects to work on this weekend - finish reupholstering one chair, continue work on digitizing home movies, Xmas shopping etc so it’s nice to have the day suddenly free up.

Hope you all stay safe and healthy and enjoy your leftovers.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
(BTW my ex has come to his senses and decided not to drive across the entire country to visit his father at the height of a pandemic. Instead he’s camping (in a camper truck) in the desert this weekend with his wife - and the elderly cat. )

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Son’s roommate seems to be improving, so far (fingers crossed) son is still healthy.

Made turkey rice soup yesterday with the turkey carcass, a family favorite. Have been making hay getting old home movies digitized. Hope to finish today.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Home movies digitized! At least the VHS and VHS-C tapes. I think I must have some smaller format tapes (mini DV) lurking around somewhere and will try to find those. But I've got all the movies of the kids when they were little, including various plays/band performances that they were in. Plus my own childhood movies (copies of copies, I'll take the original film to Costco to be transferred in hopes of getting a better copy for posterity later. ) I'll transfer these to individual thumb drives for the kids for Xmas, and a copy for them to give to their father.

It's been a weird trip down memory lane watching these videos. A lot of happy times when the kids were little. Yet I can see the roots of ex's changes. And when I see him apparently happily playing with our oldest son as a toddler, I wonder how often his mind wandered to the pregnancy aborted by the woman he slept with on the night before our marriage. That must have been tough for him to live with that secret during those years. (Both of us were raised Catholic).

I also look at those movies and think what an idiot my ex was. I was f-ing beautiful in those days. Seriously - no makeup, long straight hair, very slender, I look like a Renaissance madonna or something. Yet he thought my thighs were too fat. His craziness. I never took it onboard. He was lucky to have me. Some people can have all the ingredients for a happy life and still not be happy or appreciate what they have.

I also ordered a few items online for Xmas presents - still have a lot of shopping to do but it's a start.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard