Sooooo did he go for the kiss?

K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by LH19
Sooooo did he go for the kiss?

No... LOL... he asked for a hug... smile

Despite what a train wreck I am when I am at this site, I'm a pretty well put together highly successful woman who has no trouble maintaining good conversation and eye contact... I'm sure I'm pretty intimidating as a first date.

Nice guy. No spark. Friends would be okay.

I'm honest. I'm not looking for a romantic partner... I'm not there yet. I've still got one foot in 2019.

But it felt good to get out of the house and have grown up conversations, however I really should not be out having 4 glasses of wine on a Sunday. I seemed to have ordered WAY too much food for a single person!!!

L
L
Lol. Can I have a hug?

So you took him for 4 drinks and food? Good for you!

Boy you sure are good at trying to manipulate people because I’m sure you told him up front you’re not looking for a romantic partner. Watch out for karma KK.

K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Lol. Can I have a hug?

So you took him for 4 drinks and food? Good for you!

Boy you sure are good at trying to manipulate people because I’m sure you told him up front you’re not looking for a romantic partner. Watch out for karma KK.

OUCH!!

Uhmmm... excuse me LH... who said HE paid???

And.... the food I ordered was dinner once I got home after we parted ways.

I'm starting to think that you have it out for me LH frown

Last edited by KitCat; 10/18/20 11:02 PM.
L
L
Sorry just assumed he paid.

Soooo did you tell him in advance you weren’t looking for a romantic partner?

T
T
Lol. Can i have a hug?

lol. I agree, his flirting indicated he wanted more, and this was a fail approach to get there. wink

Guys reading, go in for the kiss! You miss 100% of shots you don't take.

Originally Posted by KitCat
As for the "date". I'm so honest and upfront. I do not want to mislead anyone - that would make me feel awful.

She says she was clear she wasn't seeking romance. Given the guy was informed of his odds going in, I see no harm no foul here as long as she didn't "assume" he'd pay (e.g., she paid or he offered to pay). But those are just my dating ethics. I suspect we all have slightly different playbacks.

G
G
It’s interesting people go on DATING apps and say they aren’t interested in romance.

Kind of an oxymoron .

I mean, he must have not being looking romance if he went out with a woman who clearly stated she wasn’t seeking romance.

Interesting

L
L
That is interesting. Guess the hug was all he was looking for from you. Weird he would go through all that for a hug?

KK I don't have it out for you but I will call you on your $hit. I'm not a physchologist but I do tend to think you are a nacarssist and I was raised by one and I know they can do a lot of damage to innocent people trying to get what they want. I would love to see you trust the process but you are always right and the rest of us are wrong so I don't know why we bother? Guess that's on us.

K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Ginger1
It’s interesting people go on DATING apps and say they aren’t interested in romance.

Kind of an oxymoron .

I mean, he must have not being looking romance if he went out with a woman who clearly stated she wasn’t seeking romance.

Interesting

This particular app lets you state... people are pretty up front. Yes, there are guys that state they are not looking for hooks ups and just friendly outings... some are into POLY (eh... hard swipe to the left please!!!)... some are looking for LTR.

I was very clear about where I'm at in life. He was very clear with where he was at with his. I'm new this app... he shared his experiences. Said he was open to just friendship OR whatever I wanted to pursue.

This seems to be a good fit for me for now. I couldn't sleep at night if I felt I had misled anyone.

G
G
Which app is this? I would like to find some friends for outings with no romantic intentions .

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard