Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
G
G,

(Hug)........I feel you. Trust me. I have lots to be grateful for and I AM thankful. However, when it comes to relationships, I completely relate. It seems like everyone around me is dating, committed or married. And while many of those relationships are not something I personally aspire to have, I’m still lonely. I miss having someone to have a mimosa with or just to laugh.

I did online dating for 8 days last month before deleting my profile . I went out with 3 men (one was a former national news anchor :-). Like you, getting dates isn’t the issue. Finding someone you truly click with is difficult.

Sorry to hijack. I just wanted to chime in that I DO understand. Hang in their!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I’ve had a rough past few days and just didn’t have the energy to respond. But what wonderful feedback and support. The state of affairs, constantly working and cr@ppy things I was dealing with at work were just kicking my butt. I was just laying in my bed sobbing. My daughter saw me and asked me why I was crying and I said I just felt sad. And she payed with me and hugged me. I never really let that loose around her, but I’m human and it happened.

It’s a lot of change. And when things seemed hard before covid, it’s even harder after . It’s not that I don’t count my blessings or think that a relationship is the only way to happiness. It’s like that time in your life where you pretty much know why you married or partnered up . When the sh!t hits the fan and you need your ride or die...... and you realize you are all you got in this world. It’s tough.

But yes, I know I am strong. I’ve overcome and accomplished so much. I know I’m strong and I know I have been through the worst of the worst. But yeah, I wish I had that person to enjoy my mimosa with while the world blows up!!! I get the dates, but I’ve grown so much that not anyone would suffice. I’m not desperate for a partner. I could absolutely have one if I was desperate. But I refuse to settle. I even get frustrated about that sometimes!!

That being said. I did have my 3 rd first date since quarantine was over tonight. It almost didn’t happen because of rain and we only have outdoor dining. But we took a chance, and he came out here and it ended up being a great date. The weather was nice , the outdoor service was awesome. And ...... drumroll....... I was attracted to him! Yay! And he was just a regular guy. Great relationship with his kids, his father and his siblings. Employed. Divorced 5 years. A gentleman funny. And such a Brooklyn accent, it’s like home. He lives within walking distance of my dad and I’m going there this weekend and we will meet up. He gave me a nice kiss on the lips, like a regular kiss. It’s been a long time.

I’m just happy to know that part of me didn’t die yet and I was afraid it did. . I’m looking forward to a second date.

Of course I would want a second date with the guy who lives in another state. But his dad lives in my state, and my dad is neighbor. And it’s an one hour, 1.5 hour trip and he proved he is willing to make an effort

We shall see . No expectations. But it was nice coming out of a first date wanting a second

K
kml Offline
K
Nice! A good first date. I like the plus column:
He was willing to travel to meet you.
He’s a little far but not so much as to be a serious problem.
He’s been divorced a sufficient amount of time.
Funny. Let me say that again, funny. That goes a long way in my book.
Brooklyn accent.
Family oriented.
Attraction was present.

That all sounds good. What does he do for a living?

Congrats on learning you’re not dead. More will be revealed as you get to know him, but sounds like a nice first date.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you!

Definitely all positives. He’s an engineer with Verizon. Has remained employed through the pandemic. I believe he does well for himself .

We will see what the second date brings.

All green flags on the first date was nice.

C
C
Originally Posted by Ginger1
D12 and I had a nice day together . That relationship is solid

THIS is the most important thing I read here

And I will warn as she becomes a teenager this will be harder and and harder.

As far as long distance romances. (um 100 miles between me and hero nurse)
they can work, just more work.

Love you girl - hang in there.

Me-70, D37,S36
B
B
Cadet - how is hero nurse feeling? last i remember reading she had tested positive for covid frown
xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
J
J
Brooklyn accents are plus signs?

Awesome date Ginger! You deserve a guy that makes an effort. You have been mentioning M lately and he never made effort (accept to do chores that allowed him to not interact). Have fun with it!

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
C
C
Originally Posted by bttrfly
Cadet - how is hero nurse feeling? last i remember reading she had tested positive for covid frown
xoxoxo

Yes - sorry for the hijack Ginger - she tested NEGATIVE for Covid but definitley has it with loss of taste/smell and many other symptoms. She even gave it to me, we are both over the worst of it but she still has lingering symptoms and has
not been allowed to return to work. The disease is not something I suggest to anyone, kind of like divorce I suppose.

Me-70, D37,S36
B
B
Originally Posted by Cadet
Originally Posted by bttrfly
xoxoxo

Yes - sorry for the hijack Ginger - she tested NEGATIVE for Covid but definitley has it with loss of taste/smell and many other symptoms. She even gave it to me, we are both over the worst of it but she still has lingering symptoms and has
not been allowed to return to work. The disease is not something I suggest to anyone, kind of like divorce I suppose.

Def sorry for the hijack G ... Cadet wasn't sure how else to ask, although I suppose in retrospect I could have reported a post on my thread and asked you that way? I'm sorry to read that you both have it. Lots of rest is what my friends who've had it have said helped as well as being outside in the sun as much as possible (vit D Kml?) will keep you guys in my prayers

G - glad you're having a good dating experience ... careful though, covid cooties are a real thing. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Going on a first date where you actually want a second?!: Sounds like the holy grail to me...lol. I hope, at the very least, it puts a smile on your face and reminds you that there are still some surprises in store for you. Reading about it gave me some hope...as my phone lights up to say I got a match on Tinder...lol. Anyways...sorry to hear you have been feeling down, my friend, but I do know 100% that some good things are in store for you. As everyone says...focus on the positive...I predict you will look back on this time in the future and just shake your head wondering how you could have ever doubted things wouldn’t work out for you. (((HUGS)))

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard