Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by kml
And I’m sorry you have to live so close. I eventually moved a 30 minute drive away and it did wonders for my mental health, knowing I’d never accidentally encounter him.

I had every intention of moving once the divorce was done but he stalled long enough for COVID to ruin the housing market. I can't buy or rent anything. I'm still going to move 30 minutes away eventually but it's going to be a while.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Isn't that fairly serious case of child neglect? How can he leave your daughter alone by herself at night regularly? Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't that an issue to document and bring to court in terms of custody?

He neglects her to the point where she often is upset and calls me in tears. He doesn't care. I live in a small house and if she moved in with me she'd have to share a room with D18. Neither girl wants to do that so we make it work by having D15 spend evenings with me and she just sleeps there. He does comes home in the morning and he gets her to/from school everyday.

I've hired the best attorney around and she's well aware of our situation but there really isn't much I can do. I was prepared to stretch my budget to get a bigger place but I can't afford it now that rents are up 40% in my area.

K
kml Offline
K
Hmmm....just a thought about the girls. I've seen these neat dorm room divider things - Like picture a large bookcase down the middle of a room, with a small desk coming off of it on both sides. Would it be possible to divide the master bedroom with something like this, so they could both have their own space? Could be done probably with some combination of IKEA bookcases etc

job Offline

Last edited by job; 10/02/21 08:24 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard