Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
S
The state bordering ours (we live 15 minutes from the border) has reopened restaurants. We are going out to eat for the first time since early March! Can't wait.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
S
Oh and on tattoos. Everyone comes to regret them eventually. I know the tattoo I have from my youth is something I wish I could undo.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Steve85
Oh and on tattoos. Everyone comes to regret them eventually. I know the tattoo I have from my youth is something I wish I could undo.

If I do go through with it... it will be like 1/2-1" max... very tiny!!!! And there will probably need to be some alcohol involved.

I'm really close to my male bff... for 40yr. Our high school English teacher was crushed when she found out we weren't dating... LOL... she gave us nicknames that we still use to this day with each other. :-)

When we were both married to other people we really slacked off on our closeness out of respect to our spouses. But his W passed away 4 year ago and well we ALL know that state of my M.

Its so good to reconnect. We are making hypothetical future plans of sailing the seas together when we retire. smile. The only bad part is that we are separated by several states. Hopefully this summer he will come home for a visit and I can go there for a visit.

Enjoy your dinner out this weekend!!! Restaurants here can be open at 50% capacity so I dined out last weekend with female bff!!! It was so nice... I'm not big on going out to eat but when you can't for so long you really miss it!

T
T
Originally Posted by KitCat
I'm really close to my male bff... for 40yr. Our high school English teacher was crushed when she found out we weren't dating... LOL... she gave us nicknames that we still use to this day with each other. :-)

Hi KitCat,

Take care if you're considering going down the rebound path. If you're going to do it, do it with your eyes open--not "falling" into it after too many beers on the high seas. wink Research shows rebounds help you move on. They also can hurt people, cost that friendship, and complicate chances of reconciliation. Any relationship you dive into while still having so many ex feelings will most likely end up a rebound.

G
G

I’ve never regretted mine. And I got my first at 15. Still love it!

A
A

When we were both married to other people we really slacked off on our closeness out of respect to our spouses. But his W passed away 4 year ago and well we ALL know that state of my M.

Perfectly fine to have a male friend. Just be careful not to jump into a rebound R! Glad to see you posting more about YOU and less about H smile

Originally Posted by Ginger1
I’ve never regretted mine. And I got my first at 15. Still love it!

I didn't get my first until after BD 9 years ago, but same here, I love my ink! I would be completely covered if I could afford it. Zero regrets. I think even bad tattoos are interesting and tell a story. One of the Inkmaster judges (Oliver Peck) is very vocal about his love for bad tattoos!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by CWarrior

Hi KitCat,

Take care if you're considering going down the rebound path. If you're going to do it, do it with your eyes open--not "falling" into it after too many beers on the high seas. wink Research shows rebounds help you move on. They also can hurt people, cost that friendship, and complicate chances of reconciliation. Any relationship you dive into while still having so many ex feelings will most likely end up a rebound.

No Worries CW!!!

Male bff and I have been platonic for 40yr... that isn't going to change. Don't get me wrong we absolutely adore and love each other but more like family. :-)

We each still wear our wedding rings.

No rebound here.... or there... or anywhere.... LOL!

I just need to break out of my house and routine and so I can continue to focus on myself.

T
T
I just need to break out of my house and routine and so I can continue to focus on myself.

That's fantastic! Sailing the high seas sounds like a wonderful goal. I listen intently when people tell me about braving rough seas between Hawaii and California, or spending a year bouncing between foreign ports.

Not much coronavirus risk as a duo on the ocean. wink

K
KitCat Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by CWarrior

That's fantastic! Sailing the high seas sounds like a wonderful goal. I listen intently when people tell me about braving rough seas between Hawaii and California, or spending a year bouncing between foreign ports.

Not much coronavirus risk as a duo on the ocean. wink

Well - first they have to open the borders again... Friend's boat is docked in Mexico...

Male bff is definitely selling the dream. I suggested we should be pirates!!!! LMAO.

L
L
Kit — I’m also really happy to see some of the narrative shift to you. I would jump in an instant to sail around the world right now with a good friend. My job is very telework friendly and I think it would be a nice decompression. If you ever get the opportunity, I’d think about it a lot before saying no. Stay strong and focused on you. Have you thought about doing IC? I started doing it when the mini bomb dropped and it’s helped a lot. It’s not a fix all, but it is one tool among many that has given me some comfort and help during this.

I'm 40, H is 36. No kids. No infidelity of which I'm aware.
Mini BD January 2020 -- not sure if he wants to try anymore
BD March 2020 -- separation
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard