Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
After reading this, I couldn't wait to share it here. I'm not of any religion. Whatever lifts your spirits. smile

Me: Hey God.
God: Hello.....
Me: I'm falling apart. Can you put me back together?
God: I would rather not.
Me: Why?
God: Because you aren't a puzzle.
Me: What about all of the pieces of my life that are falling down onto the ground?
God: Let them stay there for a while. They fell off for a reason. Take some time and decide if you need any of those pieces back.
Me: You don't understand! I'm breaking down!
God: No - you don't understand. You are breaking through. What you are feeling are just growing pains. You are shedding the things and the people in your life that are holding you back. You aren't falling apart. You are falling into place. Relax. Take some deep breaths and allow those things you don't need anymore to fall off of you. Quit holding onto the pieces that don't fit you anymore. Let them fall off. Let them go.
Me: Once I start doing that, what will be left of me?
God: Only the very best pieces of you.
Me: I'm scared of changing.
God: I keep telling you - YOU AREN'T CHANGING!! YOU ARE BECOMING!
Me: Becoming who?
God: Becoming who I created you to be! A person of light and love and charity and hope and courage and joy and mercy and grace and compassion. I made you for more than the shallow pieces you have decided to adorn yourself with that you cling to with such greed and fear. Let those things fall off of you. I love you! Don't change! ... Become! Become! Become who I made you to be. I'm going to keep telling you this until you remember it.
Me: There goes another piece.
God: Yep. Let it be.
Me: So ... I'm not broken?
God: Of course Not! - but you are breaking like the dawn. It's a new day. Become!!!
~Author Unknown

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
W
W
Originally Posted by CanBird
After reading this, I couldn't wait to share it here. I'm not of any religion. Whatever lifts your spirits. smile

Me: Hey God.
God: Hello.....
Me: I'm falling apart. Can you put me back together?
God: I would rather not.
Me: Why?
God: Because you aren't a puzzle.
Me: What about all of the pieces of my life that are falling down onto the ground?
God: Let them stay there for a while. They fell off for a reason. Take some time and decide if you need any of those
pieces back.
Me: You don't understand! I'm breaking down!
God: No - you don't understand. You are breaking through. What you are feeling are just growing pains. You are shedding the things and the people in your life that are holding you back. You aren't falling apart. You are falling into place. Relax. Take some deep breaths and allow those things you don't need anymore to fall off of you. Quit holding onto the pieces that don't fit you anymore. Let them fall off. Let them go.
Me: Once I start doing that, what will be left of me?
God: Only the very best pieces of you.
Me: I'm scared of changing.
God: I keep telling you - YOU AREN'T CHANGING!! YOU ARE BECOMING!
Me: Becoming who?
God: Becoming who I created you to be! A person of light and love and charity and hope and courage and joy and mercy and grace and compassion. I made you for more than the shallow pieces you have decided to adorn yourself with that you cling to with such greed and fear. Let those things fall off of you. I love you! Don't change! ... Become! Become! Become who I made you to be. I'm going to keep telling you this until you remember it.
Me: There goes another piece.
God: Yep. Let it be.
Me: So ... I'm not broken?
God: Of course Not! - but you are breaking like the dawn. It's a new day. Become!!!
~Author Unknown

Love this!

It should be pinned at the top of the forum, it’s so very apt and uplifting.

D
DnJ Online
D
Good Morning Can

That was indeed an uplifting read. Thank you for sharing it. What a great thing to read while looking out at the breaking dawn.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
~j~ As countries begin to slowly reopen, we've been staying-safe-at-home. The job I so badly wanted & got, has been on hold since our Stay-at-Home order was put into place. My employer & I have been in contact and they are slowly reopening, but not ready for everyone to return. It's in healthcare (dental). High to Very High Risk level, especially at this time. Although my position isn't front-line sort of speak, the environment is. During this lock down I never really thought about my health in the work place until now. Perhaps I was naive in thinking this virus would just slowly go away, and then I'd be welcomed into my new position, when it was safe. Last night I was reading the guidelines put into place for my industry. Just what you've been seeing in hospitals to a certain extent. I'm okay with staying-safe-at-home a little longer. Have been seriously rethinking jobs too. And I also have to rethink childcare for D3.

Besides all of the above, I know I'm not alone. I know there are others out there really struggling. We are safe and that gives me comfort.

The other virus (H mlc) is still active. I refer to my sitch as the virus within the virus. It's been tame. His mail still comes here, packages too. As normal, I tx a pic/send a msg and he says open it. *(Keep in mind, he's at sea/working remotely...*. Business as usual. And because this is business as usual, I didn't bother to ask.."What do you want me to do with your mail?" I just carried on like we've always done. I tell him what's here & he tells me what he needs. What I have done differently is step away, and not suggest what he should do next or ask what next. I know some of these packages are meant to go elsewhere, but I didn't ask. If it's that important to him, he'll remember.

Some of the mail for H, have come early for D3s B-Day. One BIG box (I know what it is!! Keeping it a secret from you all..lol..). The other day a card from H, to D3, came and I teared up. I had seen a kids B-day card in his room before he left, and assumed it had been filled out and left behind in a book he also bought for her. I looked in that book after he left & was a little disappointed when the card wasn't there. But really, she's a kid and wouldn't remember right? I'm a HUGE fan of cards, so I was very touched that H sent D3 a card.

I've also been sharing plans for D3s upcoming BDay with H. I had thought it over, if I should include him or not, and decided to share. Just wanting to keep him in the loop as to what we're doing. He actually suggested the idea (social distance greeting of sorts) and reminded me to get a box cake months ago... so yes, I shared with him. He was happy to get updates, but due to his work, might not be able to take part. And that's okay.

Next month hurricane season begins. Last year we dealt with fires. Who knows what tomorrow brings.

Keep on Keeping on

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
ps- H just emailed me.... he's bought replacement parts for something I've been wanting to fix.

Happy Mother's Day? I'd be FLOORED if a card came...lol... zero expectations... (I'm not HIS mother..lol..)

pss- And now a video he's captured of the wildlife where he is...

Love that he's sharing so much. ... I know it's for D3, and appreciate it.

Last edited by CanBird; 05/08/20 08:30 PM.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
C
C
The virus within the virus! Lol. So true. Both viruses seem prone to mutating. I’m glad for D3 that H is keeping in touch with her, glad she has a card from him. Happy Mother’s Day, Can! Do you have anything special planned for yourself?

T: 16 M:10
BD 6/2019
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by cardinal
The virus within the virus! Lol. So true. Both viruses seem prone to mutating. I’m glad for D3 that H is keeping in touch with her, glad she has a card from him. Happy Mother’s Day, Can! Do you have anything special planned for yourself?

Thanks cardinal. I'll be grilling a steak at some point. Using the grill is new for me. Sad but true. Part of my GAL experiences. And bread too! Love gardening as well. D3 makes a great helper.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
CanBird #2895213 05/18/20 10:23 AM
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
~j~ Here we are, 2 months into our virus free life. Can I get an amen! Hope everyone is well. Prayers to those that need them.

D3 & I are well. I've been investing more time on myself. Meditation has been a new excercise for me and I'm excited at how it's energized me. My focus has really changed and I feel uplifted spiritually.

It's important that I continue on this path and go wherever it's taking me. I will stop in from time to time.

D3 is well. Things are slowly opening up here, as they are elsewhere. Covid life. We are being on the safer side of safe, keeping up with social distancing. I worry. Maybe too much. One day at a time right? Today we did our first drive by birthday greeting for D3s friend, who is 5 It was sweet & sad. The neighborhood houses and beyond had balloons & signs out. Such a nice gesture. A giant unicorn decorated their lawn. As we drove by, the birthday girls face lit up. More lined up behind ours. As we drove away, I saw in my rear view a few cars behind me passing off a gift bag. I felt horrible. It never dawned on me to get a gift. I know the childs mom, & she'll be fine, but what will the kid think!? Why did some give gifts and others not? I plan on mailing a card, with a giftcard. Or drop it in ther box.

As for D3, she gets it. We've been straight up with her about the pandemic. She wears her mask & is really good about it. It's just what you do. As birthdays have been happening, I've explained why they are different this year. I'm blessed to have such a positive kid. "You can still celebrate with family!". That's right kido. Oh I love her so. Soon to be D4!

H sends pic/vid/& more. We communicate. It's good.

Be well everyone.

((((HUGS)))))

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
#2906943 10/28/20 04:03 PM
C
CanBird Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi DB crew. Quick update. I am divorced. I am working. D4 is great & I am too.

More soon.

smile

CanBird

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Oct D FINAL 2020
CanBird #2906954 10/28/20 05:34 PM
job Offline
I am glad you dropped back in for a short visit. You sound good. Please visit again and let us know how you and D4 are doing.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard