Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I figure I would just try to help and give back. But I can’t. It’s bad. It’s making me nuts.

Onward and upward. I’m sick of living and breathing this whole divorce thing . I am divorced a long time, I’m healed, I’m strong, and I’ve rebuilt my life. I don’t want to go back there anymore.

Tome to get some more semi quarantine hobbies.

My aunt passed away last night. Her funeral is Saturday. I’m relieved her pain is over and her families can have some closure. Watching your loved one die on hospice in front of your eyes is the most selfless act. I hope they find some peace. My hurts for them all.

Life is too short . Way too short.

P
P
Originally Posted by Ginger1

Life is too short . Way too short.

100%

Sorry for your loss Ginger.

B
B
so sorry G {{{{{hugs}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
job Offline
I am so sorry to read that your aunt passed away. She is no longer suffering and has gone to the other side where there is no pain.

Please take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
I am so sorry for your loss. (((((hug)))))

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you all. I’m relieved she’s at peace. Tomorrow are the services. So sad, there were 3 sisters and the older brother and only the older brother is left. I was supposed to work tomorrow, but my second job was kind and filled my spot with no questions asked.

It’s Friday night and I hate Friday nights alone. My D went on a last minute trip to RI with her father and his wife. It’s one of the things that kill me to this day. I am so happy she has somewhere to go and she is enjoying herself. But it still kills me emotionally when the 3 of them go away on vacation. People must think she’s the hoe’s daughter. One big happy family. She FaceTimed me from the hotel room last night and from the waters edge today. I love she wants to include me in some way. It just stinks for me. No one else but me, so I have to suck it up

This stuff is tough. Being alone is tough. And it’s by choice, but it’s still pretty hard. I still have some family envy. And I miss my friends who just aren’t interested right now. They are just sticking with their families. It’s really really difficult at times. And I won’t lie, when I chose to be alone and not settle, I do ask myself “
Should I have just tried? I would have a date tonight, a dinner out, something, etc.”

But I know it’s not the right reasons . I’m holding out and hopefully for something pretty mind-blowing

J
J
I’m so sorry for your loss Ginger.

It seems like You have been changing and growing so much regarding what is acceptable to you In a relationship and what is not. Nothing wrong with holding out.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Today was pretty godawful. I roll into work on this Monday morning and my boss stops me because she has to talk to me. I’ll keep this long story short. I dealt with a patients family member on Friday. Explained something basic to her and then opened up the discussion on discharge planning. She didnt like the basic thing I explained to her ( it’s an explanation of a doctors order). I was very kind and validating and helpful when discussing the discharge planning with her, but she was short and I figured that’s her personality.

Well, apparently she wrote a scathing letter about me that went all the way up to the president of the hospital. Yup. It was actually a psychotic letter which my boss knows. She went on and on about how mad she was her father was in observation status ( not a decision I make. I just explain the status ) and because the call started of with something she didn’t want to hear the rest of our convo didn’t sound the way she wanted it to and wrote about how awful I was, my tone was awful, I was trying to get her father to make decisions ( never spoke to the guy, he was off the wall, and on isolation for covid). I was nothing but a sweetheart with that woman on the phone. Seriously. I’m not in any sort of trouble. My boss knows I didn’t do that, and I had 2 witnesses to the conversation who knew that it went nothing as this but case was describing. But it was very very upsetting to me that my name was tarnished with the president of the hospital. I was extreme happy to find out the doctor did not bend to what she wanted, which also supported me. But, after the letter, administration made the hospital bend.

I eat sh!t sandwiches on an hourly basis In my position. Rather than a nurse , I am more of a customer service rep but I’m a position where you can’t give everyone what they want and what they want to hear because it is usually not in the best interest of the patient and just impossible.

I am very good at my job. I am very good with people. But because this woman heard something she didn’t want to hear, she felt it was appropriate to tarnish me. I am the first to admit if I could have handled something differently. And I couldn’t have. And this is why it upset me so much. My management is supporting me thankfully. But it brought me to tears at work.

We aren’t heros anymore. We are back to being slaves . People who should just give everyone whatever they want. It’s extremely disheartening. I understand when people don’t have control they lash out. I understand sick family members are stressful. But instead of working with you, they work against you and don’t think twice about their entitlement.

I then found out there was a possibility I wasn’t getting paid time and a half for 4th of July. I had to argue that. Then I got roped in working Labor Day. I’ve worked like 5 holidays this year and have to work Christmas. My daughter had 2 friends over and she must have been calling me all day for something and actually wanted me to leave work to come fix the outside hose. I picked up dinner for then and soon I am driving them back to one of their houses for a sleep over.

I’m exhausted and worn and I need a break. From everything. My friends are gone off in their own little worlds, I don’t have them, I come home from a tough day at work, I have no one to talk to. I have to make the dinner, and mow the lawn after work, it all falls in me. I’d kill to come home to a hone cooked dinner and someone wanting to know how my day was and maybe a shoulder rub. Instead my daughter goes off on the things I didn’t do that she asks me to do and I don’t have time to get to. sadly, the only person who makes some random nice gestures for me is my ex. And I hate that!

I went on another date yesterday and another guy totally into me, and me, well, I’m dead inside. Nothing for me.

40 really stinks. It’s not treating me too well

Rant over

K
kml Offline
K
Was her name....... KAREN?????

B
B
i'm very sorry this happened to you. sending hugs xoxoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15