Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
J
J
I still think he needs to do some soul searching (similar to a bless his heart) because he sounds like a pretty sh1tty person. Like he’s actually agreeing with her that his actions aren’t good and getting all therapy with her “I’m low conflict and struggle etc”. That’s kind of pathetic and a turn off. Women just aren’t attracted to that.

Also, I know you are still considering the work situation and wanted to reverse it on you and get your opinion. You know. My living situation and child care situation - my hours were drastically cut which means I don’t get paid once I use up my vacation. An option is to go to the ICU to flip COVID patients. Would you do it?

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
U
U
Hey G. Still praying hard for you.

Proud of you. He wasn't for you. Keep moving forward...

T
T
Hi Ginger,

Originally Posted by Ginger
I never got the family life and that's ok. It wasn't meant for me. My daughter and i are a family.. Maybe I'll just find a good companion in the next phase of my life.

Wow--the way you handled his skipping your date and the breakup call astounds me. Emotional resilience. I bet you hear this often, but thanks for being on the front lines in the healthcare industry during these times.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you guys very much. I do feel an emotional resilience has been built up over my lifetime. I’ve been through some serious adversity, but I get through it all. I am able to really control my emotions towards certain circumstances and know that I can’t stop something from happening the way it does.

I don’t miss E. He just wasn’t the one. And I am one who actually prefers to be alone than with the wrong person . I also don’t want to make someone in to something they are not. It can’t be done.

On Thursday I asked the ex to come over and help with the wardrobe becUse D12 and I got to a point I couldn’t get past. He came and helped build it for 3 hours. D13 made him cookies and I bought him some stuff he needed at the grocery store. It was very nice of him. It looks great in her room. We rearranged furniture and cleaned her room all out. It looks great and she’s very happy with it.

I made a joke to my manager who is leaving that I would do the schedule when she left since she didn’t have a replacement. Apparently my joke was taken seriously. I think I am inheriting one kore responsibility for no more money. Today I went to the other hospital I work at for a critical care crash course for COVID -19. All I can say wow. Everything we knew about policy and provider and legalities are kind of thrown out the door. It’s called disaster nursing . Even if a patient is a full code, the doctor can make the decision not to code the patient , despite family wishes. If there will be no benefit from it, the staff will not be out at risk because it is extremely risky. It’s seriously battlefield nursing . The class made me me realize how much I love critical care nursing and how I’m good at it. I miss it a lot. I still haven’t decided if I am going to do extra time at the bedside during this pandemic . It’s just really nothing I ever thought I would see in my career or life.

It’s just going to be me and D12 tomorrow. There was only one pack of lamb hops, so she gets them and I got crab legs. Not much for an Easter basket, but I let her order some stuff on amazon. I am going to do an Easter egg hunt in the yard too. She loves Easter egg hunts.

We are surviving over here. We are all staying nice and safe. I hope everyone else is too

K
K
E shares a lot of qualities with my H. That said men like him are attracted to needy women who are more than willing to take whatever crumbs they offer, whenever they feel like offering them. He wants a low self esteem women who will put him on a pedestal, run the emotional show, have sex on demand but otherwise leave him alone. Thing is broken people are attracted to other broken people too so HE has very low self esteem too. This is a miserable man and yes you dodged a very large bullet.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
What an emotional day. Today the EMS, police, and fire trucks came to honor us at the hospital. They drove around with their flashing lights and sirens waving and clapping and thanking us. We are a community hospital, but we serve many surrounding towns and they all came to honor us. It was very very emotional.

Then we did a clap out for our first successfully extubated COVID patient getting discharged. Holy emotional! He is going to a rehab to get stronger. His wife of 44 years and his son met him outside and it was the first time they could see him since he was admitted. Tears again!

Please stay home for my incredible coworkers, the first responders, please! They want life to go back to normal although they will most likely never be the sane after what they have seen. Go out for essentials, go for walks, if you MUST visit family, keep your distance from them. Minimize the traffic in and out of your homes.

My friends husband is a corrections officer and now he has it. And she is terrified of getting it herself.

Please, this needs to be put to an end. There are some happy stories, it some really sad stories too. I had to calm a crying wife who was her husbands caregiver and couldn’t see her husband. It’s just bad.

Anyways. Stay safe, stay home .

T
T
Stay safe G! Very cool video!!!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
job Offline
Ginger,

What a wonderful tribute to all of you. I saw the video and I was clapping right along with the video. I get so disgusted w/people. Here, in our community, a large majority of the people are staying home, only going out once a week for essentials, wearing masks and doing the social distancing. So, what happens on Easter, my neighbor has the entire gang over, consisting of 15 people. Then I opted to take a drive and 8 doors down from my mother's, you would have thought a wedding was taking place w/about 50 people out in the yard. There are just some out there that are playing the stupid game and thinking that it won't strike them or their families and friends.

I received word Monday that one of my former classmates had died from the COVID-19. She is now one of three women in my area who have died. Two in their 60's and one in her 70's. This disease is not discriminating and it can hit any of us at any time. Please, please listen to what the health care people and the governor's are asking...stay home and do the social distancing as much as possible. We all would dearly love to get back to our normal routines, but until this virus is gone...we are all going to have to be cautious and do what is ask of us.

Everyone, please stay safe and Ginger, thank you for all that you are doing.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
H
H
Wow, what a profoundly dumb guy. If I met a woman like you who cared so well for perfect strangers, I would think “what a catch! Imagine how she takes care of those she actually knows and loves!” D.U.M.B.

Truly his loss. Guy is dead weight.

You guys are the heros in all this. Thank you for all that you do.

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by HaWho
Wow, what a profoundly dumb guy. If I met a woman like you who cared so well for perfect strangers, I would think “what a catch! Imagine how she takes care of those she actually knows and loves!” D.U.M.B.

Truly his loss. Guy is dead weight.

You guys are the heros in all this. Thank you for all that you do.

Thank you hawho! Instead of him being proud he had a nurse girlfriend, he instead was scared of it. Total dead weight, TBH. And I cannot carry dead weight.

Job, that is so freakin upsetting! I just saw a protest in the news about social distancing calling it over reaching. I saw on March brothers IG he posted this meme that said “look we a very low rate of cases, everyone was over reaching!”
“Um, no, you have a low rate of cases due to social distancing, not over reacting”

People don’t get it. The economy is hurting though, I get that, this can’t go on forever, but there will be a “right” time to start slowly easing back in. One of my patients was successfully extubated after 16 days in the vent! She’s awake and alert and maintaining her oxygen well! Her and her husband came on the same day. He got discharged in a few days and she wasn’t so lucky. They are actually moving to Maryland with their son smile

There are good outcomes.

Yesterday I went to Costco after work. It was awesome. There was a special line for healthcare workers. No one was on it. The other mile was a line long outside. They barely let anyone in there at a time. I spent an hour in there shopping. It was wonderful! The best part was I scored a huge TP and a huge paper towel! I feel rich!

My ex went to ShopRite and asked if I needed anything and I went to Costco and asked if he needed anything. We have been helping eachother out. Everyone kind of has to help eachother out.

Whenever I went out, I asked E if he needed anything. He never ever asked me. He wasn’t the nice guy I thought he was. He’s just weak and passive.

Anyways, I work Sunday at my other job. I offered more days in June. I’m basically just hoarding money this year. I am also getting pandemic pay, I think. I’m not going to have much of a life now through the summer I believe. There is nothing we can do, I don’t have a partner, so when D12 is at dads, I work! I would love to pay down all my bills

Basically, 2020 is a dud. Not much fun, no finding a partner, no vacation, but I will make money until I drop !

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard