Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks for all the great feedback. I must say it's even harder to see clearly living in a surreal world. I ended up apologizing to E. However I did find what I suspected. His decisions was something that was heavily influenced by his exW. He said she came in scared the kids, and gave him a guilt trip. I told him when he sees me again, his decision should be solely his and not because his ex W now grants him permission.

My standards are really high. ANd I would venture to guess it is because I am ok alone. I am not needing anything from anyone.. Nothing like money, parenting, etc. I have a career, house, friends. etc. I can enjoy time alone. I need/want, strength, companionship, chemistry, and an enjoyable time. We are continuing to talk, he speaks often about he can't wait to see me, etc. I don't know. I am not in a clear state of mind to make any decisions. I do think I am learning and I haven't stopped learning in the last 12 years. I would like to reap the benefits of my education, how ever.

This is lonely to go through alone. I think this is the time where having some secutrity and going throught this with your partner would be nice. I think a time like this is when you realize how alone you are in this. That security isn't there.

My D and i had kind a big weekend here. ANd it was our first on lockdown together since it began. We had a good time together. SHe doesn't spend time in her room. SHe wants to be with me all the time. She still loved me!!! She even switched her day with her dad so she could be with me on April Fools Day (which I forgot was him and his wifes anniversary) because they are no fun to prank and mom is fun and they are not.

I am getting more nervous at work. As of yesterday our hospital was 63% COVID positive patients. And we had more waiting in the ED. They transformed another unit and the one I am sitting on now is getting transformed. Our lcommunity hospital has become a COVID hospital. There was 1 more who ended up in the ICU yesterday and another one who was a DNR who ended up in respiratory distress and on comfort care. We need more ICU beds. We had a convo in huddle that we have nurses from other hospitals in our system. ANd they starting taking an inventory of our skill set. I am first to go. I am the youngest and healthiest. Everyone else is waiting for retirement and in their 60's. The other younger one is part time and having anxiety attacks everyday. I have the skill set they are looking for. Im a critical care nurse. SO, it'll be me. ANd while I want to help, well, I am scared. It's scary. We also have an outbreak at a SNF we send our patient's too and it's all over the news and I have the patients from there.

So, that's my real time update on the inside COVID.

A
A
Thanks for the update Ginger. Stay safe out there please. Many people are worried about you and care.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
job Offline
Ginger,

I am so glad that you and your D had a great weekend. I do hope you got some rest while you were home as well.

We are all concerned about you and what you are facing each and every day on the front lines. We all care and are very worried. Please, please stay safe out there!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
Your weekend sounds great Ginger. This is definitely a surreal time. Be careful and stay safe!!! (((HUGS)))

K
kml Offline
K
Ginger -
First of all, prayers for you, you are so brave.
Second, here's some things that might be useful to take as preventives (based on research, mostly on other coronaviruses or other +ssRNA viruses like Dengue and Chikungunya):
- caffeic acid - 200 mg in a cup of coffee or Life Extension sells Green Coffee Extract capsules that have 400 mg in one capsule but only 12 mg caffeine . Study last year showed effectiveness in the lab against a different coronavirus.
- andrographis - has been studied for its antiviral properties against dengue fever, which is a +ssRNA virus like the coronaviruses.
- vitamin D - deficiency results in poor immunity
- quercetin, the good stuff in onions and apples, may also have some beneficial antiviral properties.
- vitamin C

Fibrosis of the lungs in coronavirus infection appears to be related to activation of EGFR, melatonin and ECGC from green tea block EGFR and may be useful to prevent this in people who have the virus.

Third - re: E - I know you really want him with you but as I stated before, you ARE high risk even now and I don't think it is unreasonable to be physically distancing from you right now. I wouldn't blame him for that. Like I said, it's more about whther he's doing the right things within the confines of physical distancing to make you feel supported.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You all have been so wonderfully supportive and I really appreciate it.
My physical health is good. I am taking supplements. Trying to get exercise when I can and I’m protecting myself at work.

My mental health is blah. It’s not bad per say, but what I am seeing is so sad. It simply makes me sad to see there people fine one second and near death another . It’s tough. There are lots more goals of cares discussion and comfort care measures. It’s just hard to see.

I’m so lucky to have an income though. I am so thankful that my job is certainly not in danger and I can pay my bills.

I struggle with the fact I want to help. I’ve been thinking about offering some extra shifts on the weekend at the bedside. But some think I’m crazy to willingly put myself on the frontline because I have a child.

Anyways. I am well and appreciate all the love

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Oh, and E and I are not physically seeing eachother. Who knows when it will be ok again. And yes, he could be doing a lot better with our situation. But it is what it is.

B
B
I can't imagine what you're facing daily.. you're in my prayers xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
job Offline
Ginger,

I know that you want to help wherever you can, but you need to get as much as you can over the weekends. If you want to offer assistance, maybe do either Saturday or Sunday, but not both. You need time to recharge your battery.

We have a few engineers in my county who are working on converting breast pumps into ventilators. They are a young team of people who are going to figure this out and are asking for donations of breast pumps from moms who may have stored them away. Who would have thought of such an idea before this crisis?

Every day, I look around at all of the people who are attempting to help others, i.e., either by donations or trying to figure out ways of converting items into something that can be used by the hospitals.

We are all in this together...we are all thankful for those who are risking their lives every day. Please, please be safe out there.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
So glad everything is OK, same with us but partner has to work in the ER again this Saturday and of course she
is now a COVID nurse.
At 67 years old this is scary stuff.

She is all suited up with the hazmat gear, takes off her clothes in garage, puts it all in a plastic bag,
and straight to washing machine.

Everyone in her house works in a hospital.

So scary about that too.

Love to everyone from us.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard