Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
Hoping you are legally disentangled by the end of the day!
Honestly, a big part of me never wanting to get married again, is how unpleasant the legal process of getting un-entangled was!

S
scout12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, you two. Unfortunately we ran into more troubles on my end with the bank, so no settlement occurred today. It was nothing to do with my credit or anything, just bureaucracy and red tape. My solicitor had to request an extension til the end of the week. I also had to pony up $6000 to cover an unexpected shortfall in costs, but I’m just glad I had the savings to cover it. Nearly there... I never want to get married again either!

I strategically waited to reply to XH about taking S2 this weekend. Kind of expected the settlement would be delayed, so decided to keep my agreement in the back pocket in case I needed it to smooth things over. Sent the email this afternoon and he didn’t respond. There was no response about the delayed settlement either. So all good?

A funny thing - XH has started hiding from me during kid exchanges. He lets S2 knock on the door and stands waaaay off to the side when I open it. When he passes me S2’s school bag, he literally holds it at arm’s length to avoid coming into my line of sight. I must be pretty scary.

On the plus side, my boss told me today that I’m being promoted to VP of my department. I’ve been a team leader for nearly a year (a promotion that came literally a week before XH walked out) and it seems they’re pleased with my performance. I’m so grateful and fortunate to have my job. The company reimbursed all my counselling sessions and allowed me to take paid time off whenever I needed it over the past year. I’m very lucky.

As an example of the company culture: every employee received a care package last week - hand delivered by one of the HR team members - with snacks, a gift card, and a thank you note for transitioning smoothly to WFH. Pretty cool!

chumplady.com
C
C
Congratulations on your VP promotion! How exciting! That must feel great! Things are falling into place nicely as they will. Your company sounds great.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
job Offline
Congratulations on the VP promotion! I am so happy for you!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
M
Congratulations Scout!! That is terrific!

Me (46) H (42)
M:14 T:18, D9 & D11
4/19 - 12/19: series of escalating BDs
9/20 - present: R and piecing
D
DnJ Online
D
Congratulations on the promotion!

That’s fantastic news.

Last edited by DnJ; 05/07/20 11:41 PM.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
S
scout12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you guys.

I settled yesterday smile

XH brought OW when he picked up S2 on his way to SIL’s birthday today. I hope the family welcomes her.

I’m going to take lunch to a friend who is having a tough time with isolation, since our restrictions are starting to ease.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

chumplady.com
K
kml Offline
K
Settled and a promotion - awesome!

I never understood how people could celebrate getting divorced, but by the time mine was done, I felt like throwing a party! Not because I wanted the divorce - I didn't - but I was so darn glad to be DONE with all the paperwork and negotiations!

At least now you're free to move forward and create the life you REALLY want.

C
C
Congrats on both counts, scout!

T: 16 M:10
BD 6/2019
S
scout12 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just venting.

XH decided to sit in my driveway with OW for 10 freaking minutes at dropoff this afternoon. Just sat there in his car like it was a public park having a nice old chat with OW while S2 waited in the backseat to be let out. Meanwhile I'm sitting in the lounge room wondering when I'll hear a knock on the door since I heard the car pull up. So they pulled up, cut the engine, then ten minutes later S2 knocks on the door. S2 is tired and cranky, tells me he's not happy and wants cuddles, and shows me a few deep scratches on his arm from SIL's aggressive dog.

I did nothing and said nothing.

But some days it's just hard to keep cool.

chumplady.com
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard