Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
D
D

I saw an interview with Kamal Ravikant. He's an interesting guy. He's a tech entrepreneur; he had a business that failed and afterward he went through some very difficult and dark times. After watching his interview, I bought his book, "Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It". It's not the kind of book I'd normally read; I've never thought much of the "love yourself" stuff. Regardless, I thought I'd give it a try. I've only read the first few very short chapters, but I think I like the book. I'll have to finish the book before I can give it a recommendation. It might be something to look into if you're interested.

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
You were used to it so you didn't see the warning signs in your H.

Hoping you end up dating a lovely black man and it drives your ex crazy. wink

Funny you say this. When H first left I met a beautiful black man online. Gorgeous, smart, 58 years old, had a PHD, we clicked, talked for hours, texted all the time. He was making plans to visit me before ending it. He said I wasn't ready. He might have just been a predator but it doesn't matter I got the lesson. I needed to learn how to be alone.

M
M
dooooods!!! I am reading it right now too..... I like it so far but the fruit is in the pudding as they say... gotta put those practices into action and see what happens... I'm hoping for some fireworks and women falling all over me... oh wait, that's what Axe is supposed to do smile

No one is coming to save you!

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
You were used to it so you didn't see the warning signs in your H.

Hoping you end up dating a lovely black man and it drives your ex crazy. wink

One of D14's best friends is a closeted gay, black boy. He is the sweetest kid and yet H can't stand him. He tolerates him only because he doesn't want to alienate D14 more than he already has.

He took D14 to get her nails done (early super dad thing) and there was a man in there getting a pedicure. H was all huffy "can you believe a MAN was getting his nails done?" Really? This angered both D14 and D17. D17 said "and this is why I don't like him".

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I saw an interview with Kamal Ravikant. He's an interesting guy. He's a tech entrepreneur; he had a business that failed and afterward he went through some very difficult and dark times. After watching his interview, I bought his book, "Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It".

I'm an avid reader and this book got 4.5 stars with 3,880 reviewers. The top complaint which is what I see in almost every book is "this book could be summed up in one sentence". Yes life's problems can usually be answered in one sentence. Love yourself, get a life, detach, but it's not that simple hence why people write/read books. People are dumb sometimes.

Added this book to my amazon wish list. smile

K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Here is what’s on my coffee table.

The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hahn
Mans Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
The Wise Heart by Jack Kornfield
The Daily Stoic 366 meditations by Ryan Holiday
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Awareness by Anthony DeMello

M
M
Thanks for sharing the list of books.. great list and I need to add them to mine.... here's what's on my coffee table right now including the book that Doods mentioned.

Fearvana by Akshay Nanavati
Alter Ego by Todd Herman
High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard
Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
Insight by Tasha Eurich

Waiting impatiently for Peter Crone's book... love the man... if you haven't heard of him, find some podcasts he's on.. he's helped my emotional and mental health a lot.

No one is coming to save you!

L
L
Originally Posted by Maika
I'm hoping for some fireworks and women falling all over me... oh wait, that's what Axe is supposed to do smile

I spit coffee after reading this line. Lol!

T
T
LOL...….you might be a little too old for Axe smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
K
kas99 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Maika I haven't gotten to podcasts, you tube videos, ted talks, etc but it's on my list. I can read something great and then an hour later my mood drops. Can I really be happy without H?. I get down when I think H is happy but his happiness is tied to an outside source and I know this. Only 10% of our happiness comes from circumstances. This type of happiness is fleeting because once the newness wears off you're back to your baseline happiness.

I can barely get through the Power of Now. Difficult read because it goes against everything I believe. It's like him telling me the sky is purple. I just can't grasp the concepts. I can be happy NOW? Really? Yeah....not.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard