Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Y
Yail Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
So, I need to go to sleep. I really do. It's nearly 1am and I've just submitted another week's homework assignment and need to get up at 6:30 for work like always. But, Yail hasn't been sleeping much these days so here I am instead.

Aside from my inability to sleep I've been good. Really, really good. Very mundane life stuff such as being over 1/3 of the way complete with my MBA, making a ton of good foods, doing good on the budget (not saving, but not spending either), staying HEALTHY, sewing again etc. Staying in close contact with my BFF for mental health/social well being. Also with other friends. Generally kicking butt at my job when possible. So yes, that's all good.

I'm being pulled in by potential flirting with the same girl I mentioned in my last post. Has it 3 months and nothing has happened? yes. I'm in the same place where I think maybe we are flirting...but we are both incredibly hesitant. Shortly after my last post we all went to work from home for the holidays, and we are only returning now, so the break in our communication was legit. I had written her off as uninterested, and decided I would be okay with having a private little interest in her, but not pursue. I don't ever want to create anything awkward at work unless both people were interested, you know? But yesterday we worked together all day and chatted a lot. I got to know her a tiny bit more. what I learned had me smiling. We want exactly the same thing out of life. It just made me smile.

I'm not crazy planning our life together or anything! But I was so calmed by her presence and seeing someone with this same core value that I have. It opened my eyes to who she is a little bit, and I liked what I saw. I teased her most of yesterday about anything I could, made her blush at least once, and laugh a lot. But still, she keeps the professional barrier up. Unless she chooses to take a step forward, I will let it be. I think I've subtly shown my hand, but I want someone who is interested back.

So. That's what's up with Yail.

M
M
Yail.

So good to hear that you are doing well. Keep up the flirting even if it doesn't lead to anything it is still fun and feels good.

Mar

M
M
Hi Yail,

So, so good to hear how you are doing. I have the biggest smile on my face reading about how wonderful life is for you right now. Even in the midst of COVID craziness, you just continue to move forward with your life with gratitude and optimism. It is truly inspiring.

Glad to hear about the flirtation too. It sounds fun even if nothing else comes of it.

smile May

Me (46) H (42)
M:14 T:18, D9 & D11
4/19 - 12/19: series of escalating BDs
9/20 - present: R and piecing
Yail!!!!!! I love reading this update!!

Without being a buzz kill....IDK about dating at work. I have a whole thing about it. But I love reading about your confidence and pizzaz! Keep THAT going!

You are rocking your new life!! Sewing, friends, budget....FREAKING MBA!!!!! Stay strong and thanks for sharing your journey! ((((Yail))))

ME47 XH44, S28 S24 S19

8/17-BD
IHS: 1/17-2/19
D FILED (ME): 7/19
D FINAL: 10/20
M23 T25
OW CONFIRMED: 01/21

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
T
TJT Offline
T
I’m here! I’m sorry I went MIA again. I hate how this forum doesn’t notify me of new posts / responses even when I am subscribed frown frown frown I just completely forget it exists sometimes (except when my XH emails me and it takes me a few days to say OMG. I need to tell the forum!! Haha).

I am on my phone right now but DO hope to truly write a longer response soon. And promise to check if you’ve managed to respond to mine (I did post an update on my existing old thread on the Divorced section).

P.S. I did read your initial reply to me last time. I’m glad you got through it all ok and definitely sounds like you’re on the right track now. As others have said, love to see it.

H:39 W:30
M:4 T:9

05/2018: H says "ILYBNILWY", BD
07/2018: Discovered A, confronted
09/2018: PA + other details emerge; H moved out
12/2018: I filed
03/2019: Divorce finalized
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard