Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
S
Some of the books is so spot on , its scary this isnt put into peoples hands the day they get engaged.

I know! The law requires less to get married, than to get a driver's license. It seems that getting married can be just as risky as driving a vehicle. grin

Last edited by sandi2; 03/23/20 05:50 PM.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by sandi2
Some of the books is so spot on , its scary this isnt put into peoples hands the day they get engaged.

I know! The law requires less to get married, than to get a driver's license. It seems that getting married can be just as risky as driving a vehicle. grin

I know not many people follow the Catholic Church, but they used to require 6 months counseling.

Sitting at a Table for One.
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, I think I am done with trying.
She just had a melt down with me explaining how all her problems are due to me trying circumvent her career. I opened a letter today to a client after I spilled coffee on it. It was the kind with perforations on the sides, so I ripped it open to keep it from ruining it and sticking together.. It was a pin number.
Then, I did the 2018 taxes correctly, Married Jointly. That ruined her chances of getting a mortgage.
Then, I wrote a check that same year to start the payment process to the IRS. It was her checks, same address, didnt even pay attention to it. It bounced.
So, what it comes down to is she hasnt forgotten the past and wont let it go. I am done with it.

M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
She bought her house. I refinanced, cashed out her half of the equity at my home.
Now she is hinting at filing the legal separation here in SC once finances settle, and she wants assistance with Health care..

Last edited by Mach40; 07/08/20 04:41 PM.

S
S
Get a lawyer. I think you would be nuttier than a squirrel to agree to assisting her with heatlh care. That is cake eating 101. "I want a D, but I want the benefit of being married to you."

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
M
Mach40 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Steve85
Get a lawyer. I think you would be nuttier than a squirrel to agree to assisting her with heatlh care. That is cake eating 101. "I want a D, but I want the benefit of being married to you."

I have a lawyer. We have to do the separation maintenance/agreement through SC. There is not separation in SC.
So, you do this and submit it to family court after you have agreed to the terms set inside.
Then, after 1 year, you can simply file divorce based off of agreed agreement..
I am not going to pay for her health care, and I have told her that. I will pay for my daughters until she is 26/college due to it being Tricare.. Yes, you do pay for health care, about 180 a month for the adult program.
For the wife, she will stay on Tricare till we divorce( I cant drop her from Tricare unless divorced, its the law), of which will be right after we file the separation agreement. I say that, because my lawyer said it takes 3 to 5 months to file here, and we can piggy back the divorce on it, as it will be past a year when the judge/court sees it.
I figure divorce will happen by Nov/Dec this year.

O
O
Originally Posted by Mach40
Originally Posted by sandi2

I know not many people follow the Catholic Church, but they used to require 6 months counseling.

They still do. We had to do 12 months of it leading up to our wedding and that was four years ago.

I agree with Steve's statement.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard