Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Drh2001 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Can anyone who has taken back the MBR please describe how the procedure went and what were the repercussions? I need at least some idea.

G
G
Take you to court over taking back the master bedroom?

Seriously?

You are making too many excuses to not do what needs to be done. Your kids seeing her yell at you is the least of your problems. She wants to move them in with a strange man.

That should be your number one worry right now. Not the master bedroom . Consult a lawyer ASAP on what your recourse is regarding your girls and her boyfriend

D
Drh2001 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
Take you to court over taking back the master bedroom?

Seriously?

You are making too many excuses to not do what needs to be done. Your kids seeing her yell at you is the least of your problems. She wants to move them in with a strange man.

That should be your number one worry right now. Not the master bedroom . Consult a lawyer ASAP on what your recourse is regarding your girls and her boyfriend

Ginger1, apt set up for this week.

L
L
D,

Look man I know this isn’t easy because you’re trying to keep your family intact. I’ve been there. Right now your 100% focus should be on protecting the innocence of your little girls. I don’t care if you have to break agreements or break faces you will not regret it. I have seen first hand on my ex’s side what happens when a father doesn’t protect his daughter. She never forgets it. Don’t be that guy. Your w is replaceable trust me. Your daughter’s innocence isn’t.

H
H
D,

Look man I know this isn’t easy because you’re trying to keep your family intact. I’ve been there. Right now your 100% focus should be on protecting the innocence of your little girls. I don’t care if you have to break agreements or break faces you will not regret it. I have seen first hand on my ex’s side what happens when a father doesn’t protect his daughter. She never forgets it. Don’t be that guy. Your w is replaceable trust me. Your daughter’s innocence isn’t.

LH is right on, here, doc. You gotta protect those little girls from this. You don't want them exposed to the kind of dirtbag that would mess around with a married woman, and i can practically guarantee you it was going on prior to when your W is telling you it did.

Also... you are absolutely effing crazy if you think that ridiculous agreement you keep clinging to is worth the paper it is written on. I don't know what jurisdiction you are in, and I can't ethically give you legal advice because you are not a client and I don't know your sitch but... I am a frikking attorney and I can guarantee you with near certainty that the worst ramification you would face from tearing up that POS agreement and peeing on it in front of your W [LEGAL DISCLAIMER-- NOT ACTUAL LEGAL ADVICE] would be her throwing a tantrum... which might actually be a good thing at this point.

Get. Your. Balls. Back.

H53/W51, R-ing 4/'18

"Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires"-Sg.of Sg 2:7

"So oftentimes it happens,that we live our lives in chains, & we never even know we have the key"-Eagles III 1:3
D
Drh2001 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ok, for all those who suggested I take back the MBR.

I suggested it to WW to gauge response and she showed me the part about our separate living quarters in the separation agreement.

Later that evening she called the cops to say she felt unsafe with me because I was acting irrationally (I wasn't).

The cop spoke to both of us and said no crime has been committed and to abide by the agreement or else go to court. I was shocked at her action. This is not the woman I married.

It's just as well I didn't take back the MBR because I could be in a whole lot of trouble. Even if we didn't have a signed and notarized contract I suspect the outcome would be no different.

Last edited by Drh2001; 02/12/20 05:53 PM.
D
Drh2001 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
she is also talking about moving in with a guy she's only known for a few weeks and is now talking about me buying her out (when we can) instead of her buying me out.

She is acting completely irrational but I have no choice but to let her go. I will continue to do 180s and DB for me. Her actions and the speed of them scare me.

If and when she moves out, I will feel so much better for it. I'm looking at primary custody of my kids. She is not allowed to take them out of state or out of town.

Last edited by Drh2001; 02/12/20 05:52 PM.
N
N
Get a lawyer into that

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
H
H
Get a lawyer into that

Seriously.... What is this "contract"? Where do you live? Is it in the United States?

Was it entered before a domestic relations court (or any court)? Does it specify penalties for violation of the promises/covenants made therein? If the answer to both of these is "No", then there is little she can do if you "reneg" on the contract other than to stop performing whatever promises she made.

I am not a divorce lawyer but I AM a lawyer (and blessed to be pretty spectacularly good one, in all modesty) and I have NEVER heard of anything like this outside of a divorce decree. Never. And i have been asking around since i started following your thread.

You need to get this figured out pronto and get it put to bed (or, preferably, incinerated) PRONTO... because it is really effing you up and definitely interfering with your ability to DB.

Further addendum:

Please put the pertinent provisions of this "contract" in a post... because I feel like most of us here don't know what the hell it is and it is very frustrating trying to give you advice and support not knowing what you are dealing with.

Last edited by hoosjim; 02/12/20 06:43 PM.

H53/W51, R-ing 4/'18

"Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires"-Sg.of Sg 2:7

"So oftentimes it happens,that we live our lives in chains, & we never even know we have the key"-Eagles III 1:3
D
Drh2001 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by hoosjim
Get a lawyer into that

Seriously.... What is this "contract"? Where do you live? Is it in the United States?

Was it entered before a domestic relations court (or any court)? Does it specify penalties for violation of the promises/covenants made therein? If the answer to both of these is "No", then there is little she can do if you "reneg" on the contract other than to stop performing whatever promises she made.

I am not a divorce lawyer but I AM a lawyer (and blessed to be pretty spectacularly good one, in all modesty) and I have NEVER heard of anything like this outside of a divorce decree. Never. And i have been asking around since i started following your thread.

You need to get this figured out pronto and get it put to bed (or, preferably, incinerated) PRONTO... because it is really effing you up and definitely interfering with your ability to DB.

I live in the US. It is not part of any domestic relations court. It is an in-house separation agreement. There is a warning that if either one of us breaks the agreement we can enforce it. It is a notarized document as there is no legal separation in my state.

I went over it with a lawyer and they said it is ambiguous, so yes, I will put it to bed.

Last edited by Drh2001; 02/12/20 06:46 PM.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard