Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
B
DV, ugh - sounds like an ordeal of an interview but you can be comforted by the knowledge that you prepared as well as possible and gave it your very best shot. Whatever is meant to be will be.

As for Brook, I'm gonna switch it up:
What if you met someone you'd had strong feelings for and it seemed you guys still had the nuggets of something that could blossom into a second chance .... .BUT, you got gobsmacked by something you'd thought you'd resolved your feelings about and a betrayal in the mix from someone you considered a good friend. Would you want to drag another person into the current quagmire you found yourself in, or would you rather sort through it as best you could solo, so at the end of it you were free to make an unencumbered stab at a relationship with the other person if the chance was still there?

Here's another one:
He's in crisis, no? Seems to me that you've been given a beautiful opportunity to test drive the Brook model by standing way back and watching how he handles himself through this process. You will learn a lot about him as a person. Actions, not words.

Shall I continue?
Isn't there a tournament soon that you need to practice for? And can we stream it so we can cheer you on?

xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thank you Bttrfly. You make a good point. I have calmed down about it all. I really let myself get caught up in the romance of the story. It is probably a good thing that it got slowed down.

Speaking of Brook... I did hear from him today. I woke up this morning to find that a few of my FB friends had somehow been deleted from my account... a couple of texts...did you unfriend me...from some people. So I went and checked and his was gone too. I didn’t think he would unfriend me so I sent him a quick text around lunch to say that I was assuming he hadn’t deleted me so was adding him again but that if he had unfriended me, he could ignore the request. He texted me back a few minutes later to say, “Of course I didn’t delete you. How has your Thursday been so far?” And we had a nice conversation. So...I’m okay with it where things are at.

22 more sleeps until Vegas!! My sister is here so I’m gonna go practice now. (((HUGS))) to all!!!

G
G
It’s ok to be happy where you are at with brook in this moment. But I would expect more. He’s not there right now. Don’t accept crumbs , ok? Sometimes we just take what others will hand out to us when we really do deserve more

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks G. I meant that I am fine being FB friends and the occasional texting friends but I am focusing on other parts of my life right now. I’ve calmed down considerably and I’m moving forward and not worrying about where things are at with him.

Great story I would like to share with everyone...

Yesterday my D12 had her first pre-teen meltdown about what to wear to school. “I don’t have anything to wear!!!” We had to rush her out to her tutor’s so I wasn’t the most patient with her at the time. After her tutoring session, we were driving back to take her to school and she apologized for her meltdown. I told her it was fine and asked her why she had gotten so upset since I know she has a ton of clothes she could have worn. She then tells me that there is a girl at school who always tells her she looks nice but then makes faces behind her back.

“Ah,” I said. “You’ve encountered a mean girl. Likely she is just jealous because you are so smart, strong, beautiful, talented and kind. There is lots about you to be jealous of.”

She looked up at me smiling ear to ear and said, “I know one thing that lots of kids are jealous of.”

“Oh yeah, what’s that? I asked.

“Having you for a mom.”

My heart is full!!! Time to hop in the shower and start my day. (((HUGS))) to all!!!

D
D
Originally Posted by DejaVu6
She looked up at me smiling ear to ear and said, “I know one thing that lots of kids are jealous of.”

“Oh yeah, what’s that? I asked.

“Having you for a mom.”

Awesome!!! That's a great way to start your day.

G
G
No feeling is better than that! I love this!!!

K
kml Offline
K
Oh my, that’s so sweet!

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So... I got the job!!!

And to celebrate, I went to a local basketball tournament and hung out with Buddy. He had to leave before the final game but I ran into my old basketball coach so I hung out with him for the last game. We had a great time catching up and laughing. It was so fun!!!

Had some texts with Jack. I thought he was losing it but he has rebounded I think. Said he was struggling because he feels like he lost his best friend and he had been thinking about going “all in” with me when I broke things off. I’m assuming “all in” is code for marriage. Not sure he has ever felt that way about someone before so he is pretty sad. Still...I always knew it would be highly unlikely for us to be together that long term and I thought he did too. Guess I misjudged that a bit.

Also heard from Brook today a couple times. And out of nowhere...Facebook Guy wondering what I am doing tomorrow. I haven’t see him since last April!! Told him I’m playing in a pool tournament so he might stop by. Crazy...lol. Anyway...whatever...I friend zoned him ages ago. He is way too stubborn of a person for me. I like his energy but he would drive me crazy after awhile.

Anyway...gotta cook about 300 pancakes in the morning and then head to my pool tournament. Night all!!!

B
B
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

And good luck in today's tournament !! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
DnJ Offline
D
Congratulations!

That is wonderful news.

Well deserved DV. You were well prepared and I’m sure it shinned through during your gruelling interview.

And that was a lovely moment between you and D12 the other day. Times like those fill one’s heart right to overflowing.

Have a great time in the tournament. Oh and I suppose a little wish of luck can’t hurt. smile Good luck.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard