Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
T
T
I just went #girldad on IG in honor of Kobe.

I agree with L....play tennis, what do you have to lose???

If at some point you get totally turned off then just don't hit the ball back.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
K
kml Offline
K
Jesus christ, y'all need to calm down! Just because he hasn't asked you out again yet? Most guys wait a few days - and he might not even know his schedule yet!

Now - if he asks you out the day of - you have other plans. He'll get the message soon enough that he has to make plans in advance. But so many of you are getting your panties all in a bunch over the first few encounters when you don't even really know this person yet! Be patient! Don't get all caught up in the texting! Quit jumping to convulsions, as my ex used to say.

U
U
I am confused...what is he doing wrong?

First of all, I hate games myself. Never played them... Don't even know how to be honest.

So, I would not have answered his text last night by saying "next time". Not to play a game... just because I wouldn't
have assumed there would have been a next time.

He said he had a nice time. I am sure he did.

After R and I had our first date...and there was clearly a deep interest on both sides...I didnt hear from him for a few days. I was fine with it, to be honest. I mean I really liked him, but, I was good either way. I had just met him. My life would go on. When we were talking about it months later...he said he just wanted a little time and space to think about me and make sure he took things slowly because he knew the potential.

Tonight the teacher texted you, flirted a little, shared a pic...all good things. He doesnt really need you to give him hints about a next date. If he wants one, he will ask. If he doesnt right away, doesnt mean he doesnt want one.

But you are getting yourself all upset already. Which you seem to do. And I am not sure why. It was one date. He showed interest afterwards. He is taking it at his pace. You either let him or you dont.

Take a breath. Slow those thoughts down. Leave him to his .

Remember you are awesome.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Maybe I’m being dumb.

I just think, you say “I would like to see you again sometime” instead he just flirts and that’s it.

And I guess that’s what it is. It was just weird. And he just stopped texting.

And I’m going to be fine with that. I am overreacting. I just work better with directness .

Eh, I just matched with. 6’4” divorced doctor and ex marine who is HOT.

What will happen will happen.

J- I confess, I am trolling the #girldad posts trying find Greg Brady.... Um I mean you!

T
T
LOL........well it's me and my girls and it was snowing in Texas!

Just play along until you are tired of playing.

At minimum it passes by the time.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
L
L
You see G you hate the coach but he promotes making a definite date.

L
L
I picture DH as a young Don Rickles.

K
kml Offline
K
Again, y’all need to cool out! Frankly, if I had a first meet/date with a guy and the very next day he was anxious to set the next date right away I’d be a little turned off! He’s already texted to say he had a good time, texted and flirted the next day. Sounds pretty normal to me. I might then expect him to contact me in 2-5 days suggesting a date. I sure wouldn’t be checking my watch and counting texts though!

And yes, keep looking at the same time.

D
D
I’m with KML on this one Ginger. So happy to hear you had a nice time. Don’t ruin it by overthinking. I don’t really like games either but you know what, it is almost impossible to date and not be a bit strategic about It if you care about seeing the other person again. I think it is a GREAT sign that he texted you the next day to flirt. I would have been quite surprised if he asked you out right away. He likes you and I think he doesn’t want to scare you off by being too eager to see you again. My guess is that an invitation for a second date will come on Thursday or Friday. He was temperature checking today. You will hear from him again. In the meantime, check out the hot doctor...lol. (((HUGS)))

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You all are right. I got excited there for a sec, then frustrated. If he wants, he will ask me
Out again when he’s ready. He might not want.

On the meantime that doctor/marine legit responded to me. I changed my profile to read about how I’ve only been to 3 countries on the same continent, I only speak 2 languages, English and sarcasm, and I have a boring life and I love it that way. He was able to relate to me! He loves a bit farther away, but whatever.

I can’t be sitting here thinking I’m gonna get lucky and the first guy in a while will go somewhere. So I’m going to keep on looking

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard