Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
T
T
I agree G, it all sounds good. I got turned off by Tinder when I almost got cat fished by someone from what I thought was Africa by the way they wrote their sentences.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
C
C
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I tried, I really did! But the conversation is so vanilla and has become like pulling teeth. I ain’t feeling it.

Dear lord: please drop the perfect guy for me in my lap. I promise to listen to your sign and nurture it

Sincerely, the woman who has been through enough already.

G, you know, players are really good at making the conversation flow, being flirtatious and knowing the right things to say to make a girl swoon. Because they do it all the time and have learned what works through lots of practice.

But here you have a guy who has the ideal family situation for you (older kids with flexible schedule), lives reasonably close and took years and years from dating to focus on his family.

My thought, he is rusty, probably only been talking about kids sports events, grades, etc. for several years and is trying to find his footing. My opinion, if you don't feel like he is a weirdo, go on the date (don't make it dinner, ask to meet for coffee or drinks and apps), see if you two click in person.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
C-nut: the conversation just died. I had to call the code. On paper sure it sounds good, but I couldn’t even drag out the conversation for him to set anything up. Maybe he is just interested. And that’s fine.

I had a really bad day today. I had to withdraw my job offer for hospice. After they lost all my on boarding and made me do it again in my new system, this time around they wanted my W-2 from my current full time position. I have never had a job ask me for that. It’s a part of their background check? Sorry, but my warnings and deductions from my full time gig are none of your business. I said they could contact to verify employment, but they aren’t getting my W-2 . They said “well, that’s what we need for the new system and I said no. So that’s that. I was counting on that money from my orientation first week in feb. but this was just a disaster. I now need to find another second job. My first one is slowly killing me, but I also need a second. So that hunt begins again.

What am I going to do? My mind is just shutting down. I need a plan B.

I’m other news, I have a date on Saturday night if he can secure a babysitter. I am impressed he would even get a babysitter. Good thing my expectations these days of anything going right are pretty much nil, so if it is a good first date, then bonus.

D
D
Congratulations on the Saturday night date Ginger!! I hope you have a really good time and forget about your troubles for a bit. Sorry about the job. Hopefully there is a better one out there for you. (((HUGS)))

R
R
G i belive they just passed a law in NJ that says employers cannot ask for W2. Not sure if it went into effect yet.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

J
J
I love that your calling the code on these guys Ginger. No explanations owed to them, no 2nd chances, go with your gut. Cause there are plenty of other opportunities. They should have to work. And if he didn’t work hard enough to get past basic texting - that means he doesn’t want it bad enough. And the guys have to want it bad enough or it won’t work. Save your attention for someone that’s enthusiastic about meeting and getting to know you.

I think that people sense that attitude and are attracted to it. I’m thinking of moving and just gave up on the other moms in my sons school district cause I have been super distracted and suddenly they are all friendly with me. I always felt excluded by them. So this seems to be the Psychology with a lot of people. When your not trying they want to try.

Good luck on Saturday

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
T
T
OK, sorry......what does "calling the code" mean? Is that like pulling the plug? Like your dead, time of death is?????

Hopefully he can find a sitter, that's a good sign!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
OK, sorry......what does "calling the code" mean? Is that like pulling the plug? Like your dead, time of death is?????

Hopefully he can find a sitter, that's a good sign!

You are dating a doctor and you don’t know?!?

You are close. It means to stop CPR and call time of death. And it sure died.

Juju, I am so done trying to keep everything alive. Being the only one with effort. And if he really just didn’t know how to communicate, there isn’t much I can do about that. I like that this other guy is willing to get a sitter. It shows interest. I need someone to be interested in me too.

We haven’t communicated much in the past 2 days, but I think he has his son. And maybe head saving it for the date. Which will be an afternoon date, probably because that’s when he can get a sitter.

Tinder isn’t as awful as I thought it was. There is a percentage of guys looking to have an affair. Or just a no strings attached one nighter. Some actually are just looking for a date to take to an event! Most say they aren’t just looking for a hook up. Time will tell. I still don’t feel like I am going to be successful. But nothing is going to happen if I don’t try I guess

Hoping I do get to that date this weekend. So it isn’t another weekend alone since D12 will be at her dads

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So. This guy I called the code on car out of the woodwork saying it’s been a crazy week and he’s been away for work. He still wants to have a drink tonight.

And I am pathetic and exhausted and tired and I was looking forward to my jammies.

I should still go, right? Ugh. I honestly don’t want to because I’m so tired. But then I need to quit my complaining, right ?

D
D

Go out tomorrow night.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard