Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by doodler
Originally Posted by AndrewP
You mean ... That secret ???

No, no, not that secret; the other-other secret. You know, the double-secret secret. The secret that no one knows about except for maybe a select few people and anyone that they may have told. It's the big secret that's so disturbing that everyone wants to know what it is, but they'll regret ever having knowledge of the secret. It's THAT secret.
Ah THAT secret. Nope can't say a thing.

Oh - do you happen to know the correct Russian phrase for mizzen mast? Asking for a friend.

-----------

Odd / not odd occurrence last night. S, S12 and I were hanging out last night trying to decide who had the best evil laugh when S12 commented "my parents are weird" - then back-tracked and talked about his actual Dad. Made me feel good. And also a fair bit of pressure. S17 was under the weather and in his room so didn't participate.

Oh - and I think I have the best evil laugh. Comes from the diaphragm. S can do an excellent cackle. Being a redhead with a prominent birth-mark she believes that she's most of the way to being a witch anyway. S12 sounds like a baboon when trying to evil laugh but does an excellent "evil genius" impression especially when he has a cat on his lap.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Ah THAT secret. Nope can't say a thing.

You should be forthright with S and just go ahead and tell her that you eat your boogers. I hate mentioning that on a public forum but my hand was forced.

Oh - do you happen to know the correct Russian phrase for mizzen mast? Asking for a friend.

I had no idea what a mizzenmast is until I googled it just now. This is what google said about the Russian word for mizzenmast: бизань-мачта. I know that's not what you wanted, but it's the best I can do.

I am learning all about fiber-foam core composites. I've noticed that there aren't many catamarans in the 24 to 36 foot range (weekender size). I suspect that's because they're too wide to trailer. I'm really itching to build a catamaran.

Oh - and I think I have the best evil laugh.

I'm not surprised. Anyone who'd keep the booger eating secret from his girlfriend would certainly have an evil laugh (and green teeth).

D
D
I'm disappointed. Feeling pretty let down. I just KNEW the secret was going to be that Andrew is on double secret probation. I mean, your clues even leaned that way, doodler. So, so sad now. Do they let you off of that after they get the horse out of the dean's office? I have always wondered. I like our dean so I think I'm going to skip putting a horse in her office, though I have access to horses...…...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. All I know for sure is fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life. wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Originally Posted by Dawn70
I'm disappointed. Feeling pretty let down. I just KNEW the secret was going to be that Andrew is on double secret probation.

I'm hanging my head in shame. The truth is I was never in Delta. I couldn't make the cut. My only claim to fame is that I camp-out on Andrew's thread.

All I know for sure is fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

I'm deeply offended by your statement; I'm neither fat nor drunk.

D
D
Totally not my original statement. Advice from Dean Wormer that I just try to live by, but I totally missed the mark on the fat part. I try not to be stupid and I'm not drunk ALL the time, so maybe there is hope for me. But, if you are offended, try leaving a horse in the dean's office.....I hear that works out well for folks.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Totally not my original statement. Advice from Dean Wormer that I just try to live by, but I totally missed the mark on the fat part. I try not to be stupid and I'm not drunk ALL the time, so maybe there is hope for me. But, if you are offended, try leaving a horse in the dean's office.....I hear that works out well for folks.

I try not to be stooped too, but...

Speaking of Dean Wormer, I remember that other collegiate movie with Dean Jones (not the actor, the dean's last name was Jones). My favorite line from the movie,which is germane to this forum, was when the main character was asking a female professor for a date, he said, "Why don't you call me sometime when you have no class?" That's the perfect pick-up line.

D
D
That is a similar running joke to one that Sparky and I have had for awhile. He gets a break from work at 8:15 and usually texts me during that break. I have class at 8:00 on Tuesday and Thursday (this semester, but other days in past semesters), so he'll forget I'm in class and when I don't respond, he'll reply with something along the lines of "are you too classy to talk to me now?" This morning he remembered I was in class but texted anyway that he hoped I was being classy, so I had to respond with "classy AF, baby". wink Lord but we are goofballs.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
6 grandkids
D
D
"classy AF, baby"

I hope you're not planning to run for public office.

I wish Andrew would get his own freakin' thread. This is getting ridiculous.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Found in the DB archives - probably should be posted to LH's thread
As a new, young MD doing his residency, I was quite embarrassed when performing female pelvic exams. To cover my embarrassment, I had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly. The middle-aged lady upon whom I was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing and further embarrassing me I looked up from my work and sheepishly said, 'I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?' She replied, 'No doctor, but the song you were whistling was, 'I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener'

Checks out the window - yep - plant still seems to be operating - back to work...

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Originally Posted by doodler
"classy AF, baby"

I hope you're not planning to run for public office.

I wish Andrew would get his own freakin' thread. This is getting ridiculous.

I'm considering a run for something, but just not sure what yet. Clearly, queen of poutine is out since I would think one would have to actually like poutine to be the queen of it.

Totally agree about Andrew getting his own thread...…...so ricockulous!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
6 grandkids
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard