Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
I think that is what I will do. It's cheap, thoughtful and kind of fun. Like one time she had to take her car into the shop so she asked me if I could come pick her up. Another time her AC went out in her office and I went to Costco and picked up a portable AC unit for her and hooked it up in her office. So I think I will do something like that as another gift. I saw some coupons you could order from Amazon. I can put them in a card.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
OP Offline
T
Home sick today, some how came down with an awful stomach bug yesterday.....not good. Saltine crackers and gatorade are my best friends right now. Didn't go to the gym, have no energy....ughhh.

The Dr. and I got into a interesting conversation on Friday night. Out of the blue she mentions that she would not know what to do if we broke up. She said she would have to take a year off of dating. Then she asked me if I ever thought about what would happen. I just told her "no", I just live in the moment and don't worry about that kind of stuff. Then she said "Well, you don't know how this is going to end". I then said..."well, I have thought about what it would be like if we were married". That pretty much stopped the conversation and she didn't elaborate any further. We have never, spoke about any of those type of details before. Clearly she is not ready but either am I. Not sure what she was fishing for, reassurance??? Maybe in me bringing that up she got what she needed. IDK. We are off sync now with the kids so Saturday night we just hung out at her place and got take out. I won't see her again until Friday night as it is tough during the week with kids, work, school, etc.

My oldest had a soccer tournament on Saturday, 3 games in 1 day but it was fun! They won 2 and lost 1. I am coaching my youngest's basketball team so she had a game as well. So between all of those games total, in 2 different towns about 20 miles a part from each other it was a long but fun day!

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
I think she was totally fishing and got the answer she wanted.

Remember when you said you loved her and she didn’t say it back and said she wasn’t ready, but that s BS??

She so temp checking you. And she heard what she wanted.

Maybe I also need to take a lesson from the doctor.....

Hope you feel better soon.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks, it's awful. LOL...yeah, true. It will be interesting if she starts to press the issue and more in-depth conversations.

Married 14, Together 17
A
A
Can doodler be the flower girl at the wedding?

I can just see explaining "that" to your gun toting Texan doctor laugh

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
T
OP Offline
T
LOL...…..well I don't think she is the flower girl type of person but I will definitely keep D-Money on my short list.

We shall see what happens as she has never waivered. No matter what I say or do she appears to be firmly dug into my foxhole. Any weakness that I have shown, as none of us are 100% perfect, have been met with understanding and compassion.

Even little things like this weekend when I have my girls and she does not have her son. I don't have anyone that I can just call up like she does her mom and have them go spend the night someone's place. If it happens it's because someone asks, I don't have anyone I can just reach out to. She understands, takes it in stride and says we will just figure it out, etc.

Married 14, Together 17
D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Can doodler be the flower girl at the wedding?

I can just see explaining "that" to your gun toting Texan doctor laugh

When in Texas, like the natives, I go full commando. Just pray that I don't trip and fall. When that happens there's always some dimwit that shrieks, "I thought you were crazy, but now I see your nuts."

T
OP Offline
T
Just make sure do some manscaping before the big day smile

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
Not much to report. My parents are coming in town for Christmas, all my shopping for the most part is done and we are on Winter break so my girls have no sporting activities.

The Dr. has not met my mom and stepdad yet so that will be happening next week. It seems at this point in time it's just a formality. I hope she is happy with the presents I got her. Listed below for opinions!

Earrings
Gun Clips
Air Pods
Reading Pillows
Christmas Ornament (it's our first Christmas!)
A bedside charging station for your phone
Compression socks (she is on her feet all day)
Car phone holder
24 Coupons redeemable for Acts Of Service (she loves acts of service)

Things are going really great, very normal, and I think we are on the cusp of it just being a matter of time before start having some more serious conversations and approach the topic of engagement. I still just am not quite ready yet though but I am not sure that she is not going to show me anything else. She has not changed much other than softening up since day one. She has been who she said she was from the beginning. She is beautiful, thoughtful, kind, and would be a very positive influence with my daughters. We went to dinner the other night, the 4 of us, and she sat right next to them just like they were her own. The restaurant manager even came up to us and commented on what great parents we were and that we have a beautiful family.

I did express some concerns to her last weekend regarding some red flags that I had picked up on regarding how she treated her XH. I have no idea how the conversation even came up She comments about how her XH didn't have a job and she paid for everything and towards the end of their marriage he wanted to turn the AC down because he was hot however she wouldn't let him because he didn't pay the electric bill. I just didn't seem like a partnership so I can't remember how the conversation came up but I told her that I did have some concerns over comments like that and just those situations in general. While I have no problems with a pre-nup and I don't want her money to me a R is a partnership and that kind of treatment is not acceptable. She went on to ask me if that was a concern of mine....and I told her it was. She said it was never an agreement between them that he would not work and when he lost his job and never got a new one he also never contributed around the house. He was also a spender, she is not so he just ended up blowing their money so it ended up getting to that point to where she controlled it all. He essentially emasculated himself. Anyway, I also told her that while I do well for myself I don't have Dr. money so there will be times that I might not be able to contribute 1/2 of something, like vacations, etc. She said her only expectation was that I pay half of the bills and do normal man things around the house. I am fine with all of that I just don't want it to feel like an arrangement or a transaction. I guess that is what separate accounts are for. IDK.

Trying to decide what to do for New Years. The Dr. is very practical and hates to spend money so just wants to keep it simple and go out to dinner and then just back to her place. Me on the other hand think we should go Downtown, get a hotel room, go to a nice dinner and do something different than what we normally get to do. It's just New Year's is so expensive and to me pretty overrated you know? Between dinner, drinks, hotel, etc. it would be a minimum of probably $700. So I don't know.

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
I think you are ready to marry her just as much as she wants.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard