Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
K
K
I’m one who thinks you should do some recon. A quick google search will tell you how to investigate without her knowing. Don’t let on though. Never let on what you know. I don’t think you can fix this until you know for sure what you are dealing with.

K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by kas99
I’m one who thinks you should do some recon. A quick google search will tell you how to investigate without her knowing. Don’t let on though. Never let on what you know. I don’t think you can fix this until you know for sure what you are dealing with.

Kas99, Do you think that by doing that it will cripple my ability to detach? I feel like if i keep trying to figure it out I will become obsessed with it. Was looking into voice activated recorders etc but man maybe i'm still in denial that i'm in this situation right now.

Her phone is blowing up as we speak and she's buried in it. All I want to do is grab it from her and see who she is texting with all day. It's killing me. How much more could I mess things up if I did that? Honestly?

T
T
Hi KBueno,

Re: surveillance--I'd consider how she and others will feel if/when they learn you collected your info this way. A GPS tracker on her car and monitoring full calls/texts would both reveal a physical affair--but the latter is more invasive, possibly illegal, and involves eavesdropping on others' communications as well. I'd also consider how certain you are you'd act on this info in a meaningful way (e.g., by leaving her).

R
R
Originally Posted by kbuenob
Any tips on getting more sleep? I'm starting to become worried because I've been running on fumes not getting sufficient sleep and food these days. This is rough as i can't focus on my work either.

Talk to your med doc. I had these pills that were amazing. Take one. 30 minutes later, out. 8 hours later, woke up.

Turn off you mind. Things come up, tell yourself you will worry about that tomorrow.

Start at 100, count down by 3's. Do is slowly, focus on your breathing.

100 breath out completely
97 deep breath in
94 breath out completely

If you get to zero, start over at 100.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
R
R

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
S
S
I hored a PI. Best money I spent. It was worth the peace of mind because I was being gaslighted so badly and extremely emotionally abused. It helped me detach.

M:16
T:21
H(me) 38
WW: 38
S11 D16 D19
Red Flags of A: March 2018
ILYBNILWY: August 4, 2018
Moved out of MBR: September 24, 2018
BD/Confirmation of A: October 31, 2018
D Filed: March 27, 2019
K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Cwarrior

Understood, I see what you mean. I just dont see another way other than flat out asking her, yet we all know the likely story is that she will deny it

K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks as always R2C.

I will have to talk to my primary care about getting some sleep pills

K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K

I can see myself taking the RobX approach, though that will still need some sort of "proof" of the A, right? I have no proof, just a strong (overwhelming) gut feeling. Her staying out really late, secretive of her phone, no sex or affection, not wearing her ring etc...

K
kbuenob Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by SoTorn
I hored a PI. Best money I spent. It was worth the peace of mind because I was being gaslighted so badly and extremely emotionally abused. It helped me detach.

Im just not in the position to spend money at the moment. I really would like to set up a phone call with the DB coaches but even that's tight for me.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard