Originally Posted by hoosjim
Just know your audience. I know several women who would roll their eyes if I suggested this to them.

IDK, you might be surprised. Granted im sure there are actually plenty out there who'd be left cold by the thought of it, but I could rattle off at least a half dozen women I know who I would have previously sworn would have that response, but then at whatever point I found out they had gone, they raved about it... And I live in a very suburban and definitely very liberal area here in the DC metro area... I'm telling ya it's not like shooting ranges used to be-- it's slick, high tech, tarted up, they provide the instructions and the firearms, they have games/skills competitions, date nights, and go out of their way to make it fun while still respecting the seriousness of the tools. Honestly its alot like going out to Top Golf except with live ammo. grin

But, yeah, point taken on knowing your audience, which is, after all, part of being AMOAFWL, right? Knowing who you can outright just take on such a date, who you can ask if they'd be interested in it, who you could "surprise" with it and they be cool/excited about it once revealed (this was my W)

And whoever said it above, good point in being aware of the dynamics in any particular case. Certainly don't think I'd ever advise a noobie LBS to "go out and buy a gun"... At least without knowing a whoooole lot about them. My initial point was more about it being an interesting date option once you are a) reconciled with ur spouse or b) on ur own and out there dating again.

Or c) being attacked by rabid raccoons...

I've thought about taking my son when he gets to be a little older. My W would never go. And she's actually the only woman I want to date now. She isn't a kook, she grew up around guns as her family lived in the woods. They still have to be on the lookout for bears, mountain lions and other critters.

Also my dad was a LEO for 30 years. I fired my first gun when I was probably 5 or so (not the smartest move by my dad actually).