Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2868403 10/16/19 03:05 AM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Going to see The Who tomorrow, hence the new thread title. Here’s the link to my last thread:
https://www.divorcebusting.com/foru...&Number=2858505&nt=11&page=1

We used to play Substitute in my old band, loved that.

My sister went home today, it feels like the hard part is just beginning for her.

CMM has a blood test in the morning - selfishly hoping he doesn’t need more transfusions tomorrow or I might miss the show!

job Offline
I hope all goes well w/CMM's blood test.

Yes, the hard part is just beginning for your sister. However, she knows that you are there for her. It's going to take some time, but she will work through her grief a little at a time.

Please take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well he had his blood test drawn over 4 hours ago and no emergency phone call, so looks like we will be able to make it to the Who tonight.

D
D
Hope you had a fantastic time KML!!! You deserve it!!! (((HUGS)))

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It was a great show - they had an orchestra onstage with them! So of course they did some songs from Tommy and Quadrophenia. For some reason I never realized how much taller Pete Townsend is than Roger Daltrey. They can't his the high notes so much anymore but Daltrey's voice still has power and they both looked so darn happy to be there. Zak Starkey was drumming for them (Ringo's son).

The opening act didn't introduce themselves and the singer got into a fight with the lighting guy right off the bat, making him turn off the spotlight, which resulted in the singer and band being almost invisible in the shadows for the whole performance. Eventually they played Wonderwall so I figured out it must be Liam Gallagher of Oasis, who has a reputation for being a jerk.

B
B
so glad you got to go.

One of my bestie's (the one who lost her son a few months ago) is driving as we speak to spend the weekend here. On Sunday she and I and three other friends are going to see Stiff Little Fingers. Small venue. I'm super stoked. They were fantastic last time I saw them (maybe three or four years ago).

xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I never regretted going to see a band, but have often regretted the shows I missed! Sounds like fun!

J
J
Very true statement. But the costs have gone up so much recently for tickets. It’s so depressing. I wish something could be done. I read somewhere that back in the 1960s to see the Beatles costed a price equivalent to a 40 dollar ticket today.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
True for top tier acts, but there’s so much good music being played out there at venues that range from $10 -$40. Go hear some new music!

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ugh - some OCPD craziness going on with CMM right now and honestly I have no patience for it.

I spend yesterday with my middle child who lives an hour away - he was having some serious mental and physical health issues and had to take a couple weeks off on disability from his new job, which he realizes he is going to have to leave. (Involves 4 hours of freeway driving in traffic daily and he has a medical condition that is making that very difficult.) He just needed some serious Mom time, comfort and advice.

CMM gets all bummed out and whines about how he feels like my kids are taking me away from him. (Seriously dude? I spend almost ALL my f-ing free time with you! I made a spreadsheet to whip out next time he complains of that, which shows that 92% of my free time is spent with him! He's the spreadsheet king so I'm gonna fight fire with fire. wink )

Anyway, this morning he comes down to breakfast in a snit, kicks a grocery store receipt that ended up on the floor (probably fell out of my son's sweatshirt pocket on his way to work) and complained about my son not picking up his grocery receipts. Then immediately also complained about the spoon rest in the kitchen not being cleaned. Mind you, CMM doesn't USE said spoon rest and it just had a little spot of dried food on it that my older son obviously hadn't noticed. All of this before any good morning pleasantries. I called him out on it and now of course at work I'm getting texts that he can't make dinner because the kitchen is too dirty etc.

Lest you think my son is a slob, I have a pretty good idea of what I will find in the kitchen when I get home - some clean dishes in the dish rack, a rice cooker that just hasn't been put away in its home in the garage, a very few crumbs on the counter and/or some minor grease spatter on the gas stovetop. If it's REALLY horrible there might be one item left soaking in the sink. (Mind you, CMM's plan for dinner involved grilling a steak on the backyard BBQ so he doesn't even need much kitchen counterspace. )

No, if he was financially able to move out I would have made him do so a long time ago. That's just not possible but I sure wish I could slip some Prozac into his coffee! He needs to chill the heck out. GRRRRRR.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard