Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Sorry to go dark, I've been on hols. The texts were:-
  • a clarification text about her whereabouts which she wrote several days before
  • An apology for not sending the previous text
  • a statement that she had wanted to phone and wish me a happy holiday but it was too late to call and a query about when I would leave the next day
  • She hopes I'm well xx

She did call me before I left and wished me a happy hol. And we confirmed an appointment for her to help me with a job at home today( Saturday ). While I was away I got a text hoping I was enjoying my holiday. I replied in the positive and described what I was doing( knowing she would like to do that ) and that I would see her Saturday( implying that she need not text again). I felt this was all fairly positive so when I got back I called her and we arranged to go out Friday pm with her granddaughter. She was fairly keen to have the assistance. On separating I managed rather more than the bare minimum of kissing and hugging without any recoil.

Today she came round as planned but said she only had an hour. We did the job together and I asked her when she could help again. She suggested possibly tomorrow morning and Tuesday. She received some texts that seemed to be hurrying her up( not sure from whom, OM? ). She seemed to stay to the last minute before rushing off. Again rather more than the bare minimum of kissing and hugging without any recoil.

I'm feeling pretty good about this especially if OM was pressuring. I think I am seeing more positive signs than the rest of you. Anyone agree?

Now divorced, boys grown up. Now in new failed relationship( never again, please )
OP Offline
I texted her a text early this morning offering her breakfast. She would have liked that but in the event she cried off from our provisional appointment but confirmed Tuesday. I'm guessing OM is pressuring a bit in ways she is not enjoying - or is it just more of my unjustified optimism?

Now divorced, boys grown up. Now in new failed relationship( never again, please )
K
K
Your best bet is to go dark. Completely dark and that means no offers for breakfast.

The way this works is (and I've done my homework) if she comes back it will be when you have moved on. This process takes around 9-16 months and it cannot be rushed. Please stop talking to her. It's your only shot.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard