Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
job Offline
We all got the notices about the system being down. I contacted Virginia to advise her that something was going on and she advised me that she and the team were aware of the issue and were working on it. It's back up and running and I hope that the update has fixed some of the issues, i.e., moderators not being able to get messages when contacted, etc. BTW, I also just noticed the notification button to send message to the moderators is missing. Guess I'll notify Virginia again about this important button.

BTW, there was/is a private group on Dbers on FB. I do not know if that "group" is still active or not.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
There’s no rules against us starting our own group - only against us listing a URL here. Just search FB for DB Fans or Divorce Busting Fans or whatever it may be called. Our participation here does not prohibit our participation elsewhere - especially if “here” stopped existing.

But if it was only upgrades it may not be a problem. Heck we might even finally get an edit button after 5 years of begging for it. LOL

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline
K
Don - they disabled the edit button a long time ago because people were using it to post stuff that wasn't allowed (like personal information, links etc.) then editing it off once the other person got it. I think there were some liability/security issues and concerns.

D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Um well true except the edit button actually does work for and within some of the other areas including Midlife Crisis. Go make a post there and you can edit it right after. The timer is set at 0 for Surviving but several other categories have a few hours to be able to edit their post. Even 30 minutes would be nice as most people catch the autocorrect or typo minutes after posting. They changed this for several categories a few years ago but missed, overlooked or ignored us here in Surviving. Several of us have asked for it to return including several moderators but it’s a ghost town here at DB compared to 10 years ago so we’re just lucky there is still a forum… for now… which is why I raise the question of creating a closed FB group shouid that change or. Shouid the plug get pulled.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
K
kml Offline
K
Don - they disabled the edit button a long time ago because people were using it to post stuff that wasn't allowed (like personal information, links etc.) then editing it off once the other person got it. I think there were some liability/security issues and concerns. (Stalkers maybe?)

job Offline
I have been trying to get the "team" to reactivate the edit button on this particular forum for years. I see no reason why they can't reactivate it. I will send another email to Virginia and put in another request for this feature. We need it.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
T
Thank you, job! Even the 10 minutes we have to make edits on newcomers would be amazing.

D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by job
I have been trying to get the "team" to reactivate the edit button on this particular forum for years. I see no reason why they can't reactivate it. I will send another email to Virginia and put in another request for this feature. We need it.

I know you have Job and it's much appreciated. I'm positive it's an oversight - they just forgot to update the edit parameters on this forum when they did the others. As I've said in the past, it's like a 30 second fix - but you have to be able to get into the edit panel to do it. Would save all of us a lot of typo and auto-correct headaches and save you the need to go in and fix it for us. Maybe one more try to land some success!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
job Offline
I received a response to my email yesterday from Virginia. There is a delay in completing the upgrade because the individual upgrade had a death in the family. If there are any other things that you want me to put forward to her so that they can be considered before the entire upgrade is finished, please let me know. The biggest one is the edit button, which I have reminded her of yesterday.

I do not mind forwarding suggestions for improvement, so please, if you have an suggestions, let Cadet or myself know.

T
T
Searching for DB Fans on Facebook while the site's been more or less down for 3 days found me Dragon Ball Z groups. Apparently, Dragon Ball Z's superpower isn't saving marriages!

Last edited by job; 07/30/21 06:23 PM. Reason: removed weird lettering within the post.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard