Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Last Thread-
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2813065#Post2813065

The relationship between your S and W is for them to handle. The way you let your W in, but stayed outside...to me you are staying out of it AND respectful to both. No H would want his children to not have a relationship with their M, but those two have to work through it in their time and manner.

Regarding the D, you seem to be well detached and with seemingly "full speed ahead" from your W, you are moving on with the process. You never wanted it, but it is beyond your control to prevent AND it sounds like you've reached acceptance of that fact.

Moving forward on you own path with strength from your faith is the way for you Wlf!

Thanks for your thoughts B,

Let me tell you that I still waver between wanting a family and letting it go. I know it is out of my control. As for W and S- S told me later yesterday that his mom spoke to him but he just listened and did not respond. I made a comment just as long as you stayed respectful is what counts. He did not say anymore so I finished by saying I am always here if you need me.

Not sure what to expect - WAW can be lazy or she can be planning her next move. I'm just planning on going to mass with my S but he just told me he is feeling way to anxious to go to church. Dear God be with him !!

Anyways I off to church- My prayers are with you all!!Blessings!

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
S15- mad at W for not trying and giving up
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

S
sia Offline
S
Hi LW, Great to hear your update. I was listening to a podcast today where he talks about the extraordinary healing power of prayers, not asking for anything, just thanking for things as is.If it works out for the better that is great, if not there is just peace in simple acceptance and that will lead to a brighter time ahead. As i read your update, I cannot but feel your strong faith has been the jet fuel in your journey, it is great to also see how you are letting your W and S take their own healing journey. Stay strong LW, things can only get brighter and better for all of us.

L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sia,

Always good to hear back from you, Your comment about Faith is so true , we must believe that God will use this time as an opportunity to make us better for what lies ahead with or without our spouse. S and I seem to be getting better balanced now. He has finished his first semester exams and has a day off to rest.

On a personal note I have befriended a cardiac surgeon that I met at the gym. He seems to be a great guy. He also met my son while working out with me at one point. Having felt his genuine interest in friendship, I opened up to him about my sitch. He currently is married and has 2 daughters one about the same age as my S. He said we could meet up at sometime. He asked at one point how my son was doing? I responded my son was angry and withdrawn at times but still managed to get on the honor roll. That is when he asked is his strength math and science? I said yes. He said does he want to be a doctor? I said for me that would be the ultimate because he has got such a kind and caring soul but I need to let him figure out what he wants to do. Anyways I asked him a favor- being a friend he said what's up? I said can you take my son with you for an afternoon and frame it as orienteering or the day in the life of a doctor. But show him what it is like to be highly skilled and in constant demand. While in the process bring him to the children's cancer ward to emphasize one of life greatest lesson. He said what is that ? I said that Life is about Choice.

Hopefully while being in the hospital with the kids that are hooked up to a machine and have but mere precious moments left with all those moments pretty much consumed by staring at a ceiling or their confined hospital room. My wish is for my S is to walk away knowing although he has it bad in his sitch- He can make a choice to focus on the positives and not hold on to anger and pain so tightly. Be grateful for what he truly has. Use it as a time to make the best of what is.

The doctor said I will do it for you but you need to get your S to apply at the hospital as a volunteer first and then we will proceed . Otherwise I will not be able to take him to places that you request but I am willing to help you. With gratitude I thanked him.

I will now pose the question to my S to see if he wants to become a doctor and get him an opportunity to experience what it is like.

With Love and prayers,

LW

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
S15- mad at W for not trying and giving up
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

M
M
What's up, Wolf? I haven't been around for awhile and it looks like you've been on a break too. Just wondering how things were going. I hope all is well...

Me: 38
W:31
Kids: S16(mine from previous R), D10, S9, S4
M: 10 years
T:12 years
BD:Jan 3, 2018
W moved out: Apr 13,2018
Filed for D: Jun 2018
D final: Sep 2019

"Surrender to the Flow"...

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard