CALL 303-444-7004 to get started right away!

A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

A Divorce Busting Telephone Coach
can help you save your marriage singlehandedly!
CALL 303-444-7004
or see Coaching Packages online at the Divorce Busting Store

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: Transcendence [Re: Vanilla] #2829133
12/21/18 01:21 PM
12/21/18 01:21 PM
D
doodler Offline OP
doodler  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by Vanilla
Nookie Monster huh? I like it.

Thank you V! The name is reminiscent of Sesame Street. You know, Kermit and Miss Piggy have broken up. With Kermit out of the way, I think I'm going to make a move on Miss Piggy.

Re: Transcendence [Re: doodler] #2829659
12/25/18 03:06 PM
12/25/18 03:06 PM
M
Maika Offline
Maika  Offline
M
Hey doodler! Guess what Santa got for me today? Yup, you guessed it right - David Goggin's book.

Amazon tracker estimated that I would be getting it on the 28th. I just checked the tracker this morning and it said that it was delivered yesterday evening. Went to the mailbox this morning and there it was. Couldn't have asked for something more perfect than that.

So I am making brunch soon and then going for a long walk to clear my head and come back and devour this book today. I know that we humans make meaning out of things the way we want, and I am choosing to view this as a clarion call for transforming my life for 2019.

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to you!

No one is coming to save you!

Re: Transcendence [Re: Maika] #2829799
12/26/18 07:42 PM
12/26/18 07:42 PM
D
doodler Offline OP
doodler  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by Maika
So I am making brunch soon and then going for a long walk to clear my head and come back and devour this book today. I know that we humans make meaning out of things the way we want, and I am choosing to view this as a clarion call for transforming my life for 2019.

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to you!

Maika,

Awesome! I suspect the book will push you to higher heights.

My oldest son (age 16) absconded with my copy of the book, but it's back in my possession so I'll finish reading it. After reading the book, my son decided to run a marathon. He's signed-up for a local marathon that's on the first weekend of February. He has about five weeks to train. Over the past few months, he's been running (sprinting) for relatively short distances, but last weekend he ran eight miles in one hour. That's quick for someone who's never run further than 5k. Now I'm a believer. His goal is to run the marathon in 3.5 hours. I suspect he'll do it.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you'll have a most excellent, and Goggins-inspired, New Year.

Re: Transcendence [Re: doodler] #2831578
01/07/19 03:13 PM
01/07/19 03:13 PM
D
doodler Offline OP
doodler  Offline OP
D

I had a rare day of reminiscing yesterday. I was cleaning out a basket in the pantry that we used for miscellaneous stuff that we weren't ready to throw away. I came across a plastic bag with three atomic fireballs (cinnamon candy) in it. The bag was from the last cruise we took as a family back in March of 2016. It was a Disney cruise and we'd bought the candy from Vanelope's candy store on the ship. I remember that like it was yesterday.

That was an interesting cruise. At the time, I was still hoping to save the marriage. It was interesting because we were there, in a relatively limited space, as a family, but I was still able to GAL. Every time my wife (now XW) would show any signs of becoming irritable, I'd simply say, "I've got to go check out <whatever> on the ship" and I'd leave the cabin. (My sons were old enough that they'd generally roam the ship for hours without parental intrusion so I was able to break away without any issues.) If we were docked, then I'd go ashore and GAL for a couple of hours. The GAL was really effective; my wife would often come looking for me. It was so strange to be with someone that wanted a divorce, but still wanted to be with me. I never will be able to figure that out.

So, that leads me to yesterday evening. My son and I have been working on his second go kart (he calls it the "Mark II"). It's a beautiful machine. It's a two-seat kart that's kind of reminiscent of vintage hot rods. He did all of the welding himself and he's very proud of it (as he should be). About a week ago, he took it on it's first test drive. I've never seen a bigger smile. It was awesome watching him drive the go kart around.

Because of the holidays, I've had my sons for a longer than the usual amount of time and my XW wanted to see them and take them out to eat. My son told my XW that he wanted to show her the go kart when she came to my house. And that's exactly what he did. But, when he came back into the house, he seemed perplexed. I asked him how it went and he said that my XW like the go kart. Then, they all left to go eat.

After they returned, I asked my son if anything was wrong when he showed his go kart to mommy. He said that my XW seemed to like the go kart, but seemed more interested in the changes we'd made to the house than she was in his go kart. He was obviously disappointed in her reaction. Building the go kart was a huge accomplishment, but she was more interested in the house that is no longer hers. I can understand his disappointment. In fact, he was planning to give her a ride on the go kart, but he skipped that altogether. I still can't get over how callous she can be toward the boys.

Re: Transcendence [Re: doodler] #2831591
01/07/19 04:11 PM
01/07/19 04:11 PM
Canada
A
AndrewP Offline
AndrewP  Offline
A
Canada
I think doodler that it is all part of the fact that they expect us to not change and to be right where they left us. She's undoubtedly at the point now where her reality bites more than somewhat and then she goes back to "what was" and sees Venetian plaster, green grass and the fact that you are doing perfectly fine without her.

Get Dawn to mail you some delicate underthings to hang out of an upstairs window.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Re: Transcendence [Re: AndrewP] #2831622
01/07/19 07:15 PM
01/07/19 07:15 PM
D
doodler Offline OP
doodler  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Get Dawn to mail you some delicate underthings to hang out of an upstairs window.

Andrew,

Maybe you could sort through the stuff 20S left at your house for safekeeping and send me anything that looks suitable for the occasion?

Re: Transcendence [Re: doodler] #2832302
01/10/19 11:50 PM
01/10/19 11:50 PM
UK
V
Vanilla Offline
Vanilla  Offline
V
UK
Originally Posted by doodler

Thank you V! The name is reminiscent of Sesame Street. You know, Kermit and Miss Piggy have broken up. With Kermit out of the way, I think I'm going to make a move on Miss Piggy.

But they were on a break!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Re: Transcendence [Re: Vanilla] #2832339
01/11/19 12:31 PM
01/11/19 12:31 PM
D
doodler Offline OP
doodler  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by doodler

But they were on a break!

V

V,

Withing the last few weeks, I was listening to the radio and they discussing the Miss Piggy and Kermit relationship. They mentioned that the relationship had ended. I googled it, just to make sure, and what I heard on the radio is correct; they split.

This is from Insider:

Kermit The Frog and Miss Piggy have a confusing on-and-off relationship that spans decades.

Their wedding is an ongoing topic of discussion in "Muppet Show" episodes, "The Muppets Take Manhattan," and TV interviews.

The couple officially ended things in 2015.

Miss Piggy is available and she's looking better than ever.

Re: Transcendence [Re: doodler] #2832464
01/11/19 10:28 PM
01/11/19 10:28 PM
J
JujuB Offline
JujuB  Offline
J
You mean kermiggy no longer is?

I blame Linda Ronstadt for all this.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Re: Transcendence [Re: JujuB] #2832660
01/14/19 01:27 PM
01/14/19 01:27 PM
D
doodler Offline OP
doodler  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by JujuB
You mean kermiggy no longer is?

I blame Linda Ronstadt for all this.

JujuB,

I think Linda Ronstadt was an issue, but apparently Kermit has a dark side that no one is willing to discuss. I think it's an insect fetish or eating disorder or something like that. I do know that he eats waaay too many mosquitoes. Anyway, he's in therapy with Dr. Drew Pinsky. I'm pulling foe the little guy.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004