Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
V
V
Originally Posted by doodler
Originally Posted by LH19
Yeah I am on week three and so far it has been great. She moved out a weekend when I was away and cleaned the entire house and only took two things that bugged me a little (porch chairs and bed side tables) so no big deal. My son has stayed with me almost every night and my daughter about 75% because she is still getting settled in.

I remember dreading my wife's move-out day. It was a sudden awakening for me. Everything was so much easier and happier. The world was bright and sunny. I'd forgotten what it was like to live without the oppression of the dictator. I hadn't anticipated feeling relieved, but there it was; I basked in the wonder of being alive again.

And so it was... smile

When the G went I changed the locks and the alarm code to 666. He couldn't get back in. Then I drank a whole bottle of champagne. (Took a weekend) then I slept for 48 hrs.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

N
N
Well ... I preffer princess Ardala or Harley Quinn. But who am I to get into your choices!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
D
D
Harley Quinn

wink

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
N
N
Originally Posted by Dawgs
Harley Quinn

wink

LOL!!! Got you!

It seems I am getting Ardala

sorry Dawgs!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
K
kml Offline
K
When the G went I changed the locks and the alarm code to 666

Hahahahaha!!!!!!

D
D
Originally Posted by neffer
Originally Posted by Dawgs
Harley Quinn

wink

LOL!!! Got you!

It seems I am getting Ardala

sorry Dawgs!

Touche.

Princess Ardala from Buck Rogers? Hmmm

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Originally Posted by Joseph9
Thanks guys......I know there is nothing I can do and saying anything will only make it worse. My girls don’t know anything different and I certainly don’t want to make it awkward for them. I guess today is one of those days where I don’t feel as though I am shining, it feels like she gets to do whatever she wants with no consequences, and her life just continues on without skipping a beat, essentially getting everything she wants. I know it’s not all not necessarily true but it really [censored].

J9....I swear our ex spouses must have been twins. My XH wanted to divorce me (totally out of left field, totally his idea, never saw it coming, only found out a good bit after the fact that he'd had someone else all along) then wanted ME to tell people it was mutual. His reasoning to me for that was so that people wouldn't talk about it because he wanted everything to be private, but to me the obvious reason was because he didn't want to look like a douche and have people figure out he'd slept around on me, which they did anyway, because of HIS actions immediately following our divorce. In the months after our divorce, he wanted to whine to me about how hard his life was, how much he missed me and his family and all that crap. Uh it's a no from me, dude.....you dumped me, so get on with your life. He skipped right on into life with his cheating partner and they are now married. The only real satisfaction I have is that HIS daughters who still consider ME their stepmother, hate his new wife, but he's oblivious to it, like he's right where he's meant to be and enjoying life. Sometimes I just want to punch him.............

Hang in there J9....I promise, it DOES get better. Almost 4 years post D, I'm living my BEST life and he's a distant memory.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks D.....yep, same here. Out of no where I was blindsided. So far I have got no satisfaction and it sounds like he is the complete opposite of me. Go figure I guess right????? I do think it's funny that he is 5'6 with two chiwawa's and I am 6'2 with a couple of big dogs but that is just for me own personal satisfaction smile

Anyway....I feel better about it this afternoon. I assume I will meet him some day assuming they stay together and he attends one of my daughter's activities which will probably happen sooner or later (although obviously she didn't want me to meet him last night smile ). I will hold it together though, I do realize it is not his fault and this is all my EW's doing. Like RX said as long as he is good to my D's that is all I am concerned with.

I know my day is coming smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
D
D
Originally Posted by Joseph9
Thanks D.....yep, same here. Out of no where I was blindsided. So far I have got no satisfaction and it sounds like he is the complete opposite of me. Go figure I guess right????? I do think it's funny that he is 5'6 with two chiwawa's and I am 6'2 with a couple of big dogs but that is just for me own personal satisfaction smile

Anyway....I feel better about it this afternoon. I assume I will meet him some day assuming they stay together and he attends one of my daughter's activities which will probably happen sooner or later (although obviously she didn't want me to meet him last night smile ). I will hold it together though, I do realize it is not his fault and this is all my EW's doing. Like RX said as long as he is good to my D's that is all I am concerned with.

I know my day is coming smile

I had the "pleasure" of meeting my XH's now wife at our youngest daughter's wedding. I was so pissed, but the day wasn't about me, so I played nice. The 2 of them sat off to the side, alienating themselves from everyone while I played the role of stepmother of the bride, right alongside the mother of the bride, which REALLY made XH uncomfortable that BOTH of his XW's were enjoying the day with his daughter while he segregated himself because he had her in tow. Fortunately for him, my redneck side was kept well at bay that day and I politely shook her hand and looked her in the eye and said hello when he introduced us then I proceeded to enjoy the rest of the day acting as if neither existed. That slimy b@st@rd!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
T
OP Offline
T
WOW.....well you did the right thing in holding it together. I hope I can muster up the same strength when it comes my turn. Usually my EW and I sit together with one of our children at our other kids activities. There is a part of me that does not want to be those parents who sit 100 yards away from each other and forces our child that is not participating to make a choice. Not sure though what kind of message it sends if we still all sit together with BF there as well. I guess it is personal decision but my initial thoughts are to not let the BF dictate what I am and am not going to do.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard