Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
V
Dawn

Just sending you a big hug right now. And some rainbow strength from V to you and Molly.

I, for one like happy street time, more Sesame Street and tolerance too, but it's ok you know.

Once upon a time, I was personally attacked by Georgia Bulldogs for being too spiritual and talking bullsh@t (in his opinion) and trying to persuade others to look into themselves to find the solution was gobbledy gook spiritual nonsense. Largely the more i travel this journey the easier I find my higher power connection and the more I think the answer lies in understanding what is within and connecting to that which is without.

I wasn't in a good place at the time and the out and out attack triggered me a lot and deepened my depression. My observation is that we never know where a poster is in their journey, or emotions. And we don't know the damage we can cause by attacking the person not the behaviour.

And what state someone was in yesterday doesnt mean they arent somewhere else today.

It behaves us to treat each other with kindness, apologise not for what we say but the way we say it. There have been times here that I know that my intention has not been clear to the receiver or I have misunderstood. So nowadays I prefer clean questions which open the mind rather than close it. Those who are attacked or cornered defend themselves. Posture and tone define an interaction or I might say posture and tone as perceived define it.

I, for one, love to know how peeps are doing, their dating journey. And actually I wrote quite a brutal interpretation on DonH thread about his attitudes to dating. I actually think he hasn't done enough dating! So my thoughts were get out and do more............

So it is.

When chatting through these issues with the beautiful and enigmatic GreenGrass (who I miss here more than words can express) I said you only need one amazing lover who loves you and who you love. Only ONE and it's work and pleasure to find that one. An amazing book I read and recently recommended to Juju is called In the meantime. It tells us it's ok to have transitional R and even to spend time with peeps who help you grow and become. A series of R (not A) can be healthy, it's what we do when we are single.

It doesn't have to be perfection, just good enough for now, it's dating.

I am sad this is on your thread as a more loving and tolerant poster than Dawn is a rarity. If you wish the posts removed then I am sure that job will do that for you. In my case the posts were on someone else's thread and Cadet moved them to my thread as I felt it unreasonable that the attack on me was on an already stressed Newcombers thread. Just saying that's what I did. This isn't Dawns legacy.

Know I love you and hold you dear. And DonH know your honesty has a great respect from V, i love your pithy sardonic style and clarity of thought on dating,. Both you and Dawn are realists and seasoned daters and I take my lead from you.

Biggest hugs

V

Last edited by job; 07/21/18 01:39 PM. Reason: edited a word

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
D
sleep

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
As Dawn and I said before, to paraphrase: if one canít stand the heat, itís best they keep their mouth shut. Snowflakes included.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
job Offline
Dawn,

If you want the posts removed, please let us know. The notification function wasn't working for me last week, but try it. If I don't receive your notification, Cadet will and then he'll let me know to "bug" the higher ups again about fixing the issue with the notifications.

If you want a quicker fix here, just tell me where to look and I will be happy to delete them.

It is up to you how you want to handle the postings on your thread, or if you prefer, locking this one and creating a new one.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
Originally Posted by Dawgs
As Dawn and I said before, to paraphrase: if one canít stand the heat, itís best they keep their mouth shut. Snowflakes included.

The sad part is, you think that bullying and making fun of other people is not an issue, but it's an issue if people share about their own life. You sir are an Azz..

Btw, as much as you brag about Harley, how come I haven't seen much talk about her PTSD? Are you blind to the fact that it can be a real issue, one that is worth talking through, understanding... Instead, we just hear about the good stuff, how hot she is, how much fun she is, how she loves the kids and they her... All that is great stuff, but do you think it's worth exploring things that may become serious challenges, that's what this site is about.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
Originally Posted by Coconut
Originally Posted by Dawgs

The sad part is, you think that bullying and making fun of other people is not an issue, but it's an issue if people share about their own life. You sir are an Azz..

Btw, as much as you brag about Harley, how come I haven't seen much talk about her PTSD? Are you blind to the fact that it can be a real issue, one that is worth talking through, understanding... Instead, we just hear about the good stuff, how hot she is, how much fun she is, how she loves the kids and they her... All that is great stuff, but do you think it's worth exploring things that may become serious challenges, that's what this site is about.

ĎNut,
Does his mean we arenít friends anymore? Because if I thought we werenít friends, I just donít think I could bear it.

Auntie Dawn! That mean old ĎNut called me an azz and a bully! Sheís so mean! I canít take it!

Since you felt rhe need to call names, Iíll drop to your level. Whoís the bully now? You maíam, are a hypocritical little - well, use your imagination. . You want to put in your two cents about something you have no idea about. Keep on, though. Iím enjoying this.

Now, with HQ. PTSD is no joke. Blind? Not at all. Weíve discussed that in great lengths. However, I keep that off of here now although Dawn and a few others from here have talked about it. Sheís done and been through more than you could ever imagine sitting behind your keyboard warrior. But you know something else? Iíve been to the sandbox and I can relate. I have no issues with her being around the kids... and I wonít discuss that here...itís a far too judgemental and high school clickish, as you so aptly deem.

I love the fact you want to try and throw in bragging... look at me, Iím in a band...Iím in a band, I know about alcoholics... Iím in a band...blah blah blah

At one time this site may have been about that, but itís turned to a very close-minded snowflake bunch who think they are elitist. But yeah, I come back to talk to friends who are still here. Itís a free country.

C
C
I personally am happy to hear you have been in the sand box, as I believe that gives you an upper hand in gaining understanding of the issues that frequently come from being there (I haven't been there), but I do see people who have been effected by being there almost on a daily basis through work. My point is, instead of being so judge mental of people who choose to share their lives here, why not stick to sharing what's going on with you, or just positive banter with others? Why take information, from what many use as a place to create "diary" updates, as ammunition to belittle someone simply for the sake of bonding with others.

Personally I could not care less what you say about me (I'm a pretty confident mofo, who btw is male if you really don't know), but I am not willing to be around someone who is bullying others and not put a stop to it. I am also definitely not a snowflake and have no issue throwing down when the need presents, but that isn't why I'm here on this site. I am here to be inspired by others who have faced similar experiences, to learn how to become a better man, to seek input on relationships moving forward.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
job Offline
This is Dawn's thread and we all should be supportive of Dawn on her thread.

One of the conditions that posters agree to when they register is to be respectful to one another. Bullying, rudeness and foul language are not allowed. If the moderators see this type of behavior taking place, we will be required to warn the poster of his/her behavior and if the behavior continues, we will be required to take action and that action could result in a poster being put on moderation or banned from the site. So, I ask each of you to take a step back and think about what you are posting and how it will be perceived both by the forum participants as well as visitors.

This posting is serving as a warning that some of the postings are getting a bit out of hand. Step back and think before you post. This is suppose to a safe place to post.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
Iíll let Dawn herself tell me if she doesnít want me in there. Oh the horror. He hurt my feelings! But Iím in a band !

D
D
And before I forget, funny you should mention safe space. Dawn and I were laughing last night if crayons are handed out here laugh

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard