Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
kml Online
K
Dawgs -
Just want to add, tone is very difficult to grasp in texts and short messages like these. But if you think Don was dissing HQ in any way I think you're sorely mistaken. All I saw was some good natured ribbing about the fact that you are so over-the-moon about HQ. We're all happy for you. You may be reading negatively where none was intended.

D
D
Originally Posted by kml
Dawgs -
Just want to add, tone is very difficult to grasp in texts and short messages like these. But if you think Don was dissing HQ in any way I think you're sorely mistaken. All I saw was some good natured ribbing about the fact that you are so over-the-moon about HQ. We're all happy for you. You may be reading negatively where none was intended.

Oh I have no doubt he wasn't. I was just pointing out the "look at me" attitude. That's all.

Yeah, I guess I am over the moon about HQ. I've known her for 12 years. And I'm grateful for another chance.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
C
C
Originally Posted by Dawgs

Tsk tsk. Bringing HQ into this just made you fair game.
Seems more like you wanted something to use as an excuse to let everyone know how you feel about him, as if we care.

The bet, no that was with Dawn and another on here. We were actually wondering how long it would take for you to take the bait and show your true colors...apparently not long.
Kinda reminds me of a highschool click bonding together by making fun of others.

We’ve heard so many times about how you’re in a band that we can almost tell when it’s about to come. Now we hear you’ve been a pilot, firefighter, paramedic, XD... next thing you’ll be telling us about how you were some operative running black ops missions. That’s not important, though. Tell us - have your WG and others heard about how great you profess to be?
I for one can appreciate someone talking about themselves, their activities, you know, kinda in line with the GAL concept of DB'ing...

Your sig line? You put the info out there as if you’re bragging - which, incidentally, is something you do quite well..however, 25 in 12 years is pretty bad for someone how believes they are holier than thou. Tsk tsk. I guess I’ll have to find a new hero.
this is really stretching, so does that mean everyone is bragging about how long they were married, bragging about BD date, bragging about how long they've been divorced... Since 50% or more of the discussions in this particular forum revolve around dating, those stats do not seem inappropriate, and definitely don't come across as bragging.

Now, your jealousy concerning HQ is showing 5x5.
jealousy, that's what you got out of what he said?

Sorry, Don, you can’t handle a woman like her. You’re better off sticking with your band groupies.
Personal attack that isn't very mature and is a bit presumptious (I'm assuming you haven't been in a relationship with him to know what he can handle)

And since you’ve decided to put her into the mix, I was going to spare your sensitive snowflake feelings as to what she said after reading a couple of your posts - “little b@@ch” comes to mind laugh
I for one find it a bit creepy that you would share this site with your girlfriend, really don't understand where the desire to do so would come from.

In all seriousness though, you might actually get more dates if you talked less about how awesome you are. Just saying.
again, just an unfounded, unnecessary attack.

I'm not going to go and dissect your next post, but you mentioned taking the bull by the horns. My personal opinion, it comes across like taking the bully by the horns.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
Seems more like you wanted something to use as an excuse to let everyone know how you feel about him, as if we care.

Funny how you want to jump to conclusions. "As if we care..." You cared enough to chime in, no?

Kinda reminds me of a highschool click bonding together by making fun of others.

Probably the most ironic statement you've made yet. Talk about clicks.

I for one can appreciate someone talking about themselves, their activities, you know, kinda in line with the GAL concept of DB'ing...

Talking about themselves? Sure. Overboard? Most definitely.

this is really stretching, so does that mean everyone is bragging about how long they were married, bragging about BD date, bragging about how long they've been divorced... Since 50% or more of the discussions in this particular forum revolve around dating, those stats do not seem inappropriate, and definitely don't come across as bragging.

Yeah, you're right. I'm so giddy to learn that it's not odd at all to post your dating numbers. No, those don't scream importance to me. No way.

jealousy, that's what you got out of what he said?

OMG I'd dying.

Personal attack that isn't very mature and is a bit presumptious (I'm assuming you haven't been in a relationship with him to know what he can handle)

I don't have to. It's all in his writings.

I for one find it a bit creepy that you would share this site with your girlfriend, really don't understand where the desire to do so would come from.

I find it creepy that you find it creepy what I do in my personal space. Honestly, IDGAF. Yep she read it. Shall I tell you what she really said? Your sensitive eyes/ears couldn't handle it, ma'am. You act like this is some secret society that one must feel blessed to be part of.

again, just an unfounded, unnecessary attack.

Please stop. I can't laugh any harder.

I'm not going to go and dissect your next post, but you mentioned taking the bull by the horns. My personal opinion, it comes across like taking the bully by the horns.

By all means, please put your two cents in again. I'm waiting with baited breath. Bully? Not hardly. Here is a bit of advice, if one can't take the heat its best they not open their mouth.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yeah, so I have had a REALLY crappy week dealing with people and their d@mn drama and now I come here and read all of these posts. I have sat here for awhile trying to think how best to respond and not just shoot from the hip, because I really try very hard NOT to do that any time I post. I don't want to be one of those keyboard warriors or whatever else you want to call them who just trolls the h3ll out of people but then can't take it when people are blunt with me. I want to be honest with people.

So, in that vein I will start this by saying, as I have said several times today already, I'M OVER IT! I'm not going to go back and copy and paste several posts when I can kind of sum it all up in one, but the one post I will comment on specifically is what kml said above about the fact that tone is very difficult to grasp through text. I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!! In fact, I have been saying that on other posts on this board just this week. You can assume all you want and infer things based on what you read, and even draw conclusions based on your intimate knowledge (or lack thereof, as the case may be) of someone, but since not a single one of us is in anyone else's head, we really have NO idea what their "tone" is when they type these posts. I always HOPE my tone comes across as polite and helpful because I like to think I'm a nice person, but quite frankly, in all honesty, I can be a judgmental b!tch with a hateful streak a mile wide when I perceive that you have insulted me, whether that was your intent or not. It's like that Montgomery Gentry song "H3ll Yeah" lyric that says "she's got a redneck side when you get her agitated"
....yep....d@mn sure do and I can assure you I can unleash a string of cuss words that would make a sailor blush and I will go wildcat on someone in a heartbeat if they are messing with things that are near and dear to me.

And, isn't that what we are really talking about here? Perception? One of us says something on our post and others respond based on their own reality. Reality = perception, right? We have become this society of people who can't just have differing opinions without someone getting offended or getting their feelings hurt. I will just put this out here right now in writing. There is not a single, solitary person on this board who has EVER offended me in any way nor have you hurt my feelings. For one, I'm REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY hard to offend, because I know not everything is about me. And, for two, I know that I can disagree with someone but still respect that they have an opinion of their own.

Unfortunately, in our world today, there are lot of easily offended folks and those folks tend to want to band together and cry foul when someone disagrees with them and they want to feel justified. If you think I'm wrong that is fine, but let me offer a little bit of evidence. Regardless of your politics (because I don't care what your politics are, if I like you, I like you regardless of whether we checked the same box in the voting booth), if you look at your facebook or other social media, you have friends who are Trump supporters and friends who were Obama supporters. Now, your camp may lie more heavily in one of those groups than others and that really doesn't matter, either. My point here is, those who are Trump supporters are always quick to blame Democrats, liberals, Obama, Hillary.....etc, while Obama supporters are quick to call out Trump for not being a politician, being a bully, being dumb, etc. And, really......what purpose do either of those serve other than to rile the opposing viewpoint? Wouldn't this world be a better place if we could all just respect that not everyone has the same opinion/viewpoint with out completely tearing them down or trashing them about it?

But, no, even as adults, we revert to high school and we are all part of clicks, even if they do appear, at least on the surface, to be more sophisticated than high school clicks. There is evidence of clicks in every part of our life, right down to this board. Of course there are clicks here. Some of you make it very plain that you have relationships outside this page, talking about having discussions about things, seeing each other's facebooks, even taking trips together. I have done the very same, as I have developed an IRL friendship with someone from this page. Dawgs and I have chatted a good bit outside this forum and I appreciate the opportunity to get to know him. Dawg and I are both southern folks, so we can bond over that and harass each other about SEC football, since clearly he and I both know the Arkansas Razorbacks are the greatest ever, but even on a deeper level, while we share a few interests, we are actually vastly different people and I appreciate those differences, as they allow me to see some of my thoughts, feelings, attitudes through someone else's eyes and sometimes that can be VERY beneficial. Do we agree on everything, Nope...not one bit. But, the thing I value about Dawgs is I KNOW if I say something to him, he's going to give me an HONEST assessment, even if it might be harsh. He said something to me the other night in a conversation about an issue I was having that honestly made me step back and go "wait......what the heck am I doing?" Isn't that great when we find those people we can do that with? We are able to share some fairly personal things and isn't that what developing relationships with people is really all about? We all came to this board for a common purpose initially so why shouldn't we continue that IRL, if the chance arises and we choose to do so?

Here's the deal, folks, as people, we DO tend to flock together with our own. I mean, honestly, can you look at your circle of real friends and single any of them out and think "I really hate that jerk, but I hang out with them anyway"? Doubtful. So, it's only natural that even in a place such as this, a so-called "anonymous" site, that we would gravitate to our own kind and be supportive of and back those people up. It happens ALL day every day and if you don't think it does, spend a few days going back and reading ALL of the posts and see who comments most on whose threads. Birds of a feather flock together. This is an OPEN forum for anyone to see and I can promise you, if you think the internet is anonymous, you must have been in some very deep sleep for a long time. This conversation has been had on my very own thread in recent weeks, when I was saying something about only knowing one person outside this board IRL and SEVERAL of you chiming in about how easy it is to find others or to be found out in this big old world. I'll be the first to admit that while I am confident in my intelligence, I'm not always high on the common sense scale and you would have to leave some VERY obvious hints for me to find out IRL. But that is just me and I know there are a lot of folks who are far more perceptive about some things than I am.

Now having started this posted with agreeing with kml's assessment that you cannot really get someone's tone based on what they type, I'll be the first person to admit that I'm totally guilty of inferring tone all the time when I read something. Because I have had a particularly rough couple of days, I have been doing it a good bit lately and I just found myself doing it not even an hour ago in a brief text conversation with best friend. I have read things before on here that strike me as self-serving, as boastful, as bragging and that may well NOT at all be what the poster was getting at, but that is how I inferred it. So, whose fault is that? Clearly it is MINE because I'm not in the poster's head so I don't know what they meant and if I was really that concerned about it, I could be an adult and come out and ask rather than assuming, getting my feelings hurt and lashing out by calling names.

It is quite clear to me, from reading several posts before I decided to chime in with this tome, that I'm not the only one assuming and drawing conclusions from people's posts, as I'm hit with what seem like some pretty negatively-toned posts on my thread. I'm not saying there can't be any negativity because Lord knows life always has negativity, but I'm saying we need to figure out how to respond in a constructive way. But, you know what, that is how I perceived those posts....doesn't mean that was the poster's intent. See where I am going with this? Just because YOU think someone meant something doesn't necessarily mean they did. But then again, maybe that is exactly what they meant. if you don't know, do NOT assume, because you know what that does....it makes an @$$ out of you AND me.

I don't like criticism. Who does? But I will accept CONSTRUCTIVE criticism all day long as it will help me learn, grow, process, be a better version of myself. That's what I strive for when posting my threads and that is what I strive for when I post things on your threads. I honestly don't care if everyone likes me or dislikes me or thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread or thinks I'm crazier than a bag of hammers. I've rambled on it and it is time for me to go home for the day and this could not have come at a better time because as I said from the beginning I'm over it today. I told Dawgs this morning, I'm over people, places and things today. I just want to go home and lock myself in my house with my dog and drink beer and NOT people anymore for the foreseeable future.

I'll leave y'all with this because it speaks to me. Use it if you can, delete it if you want. One of my favorite quotes of all time is "Above all else, be the heroine in your own life...not the victim." (Nora Ephron). Live your life from your own perspective and don't worry about what others think. You do you and I will do me and if you want to come have a beer (or 10) with me, come on down, because I'm OUT!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Slow clap, ma'am. You win the forum in the history of this forum. Funny how people react when they are called out.

D
D
the Arkansas Razorbacks are the greatest ever,

*insert my favorite gif here*

I think you've been into your beer early, ma'am...

D
D

I think this is gong to be Vanderbilt's year. It's been a long time coming.

D
D
You have lost your mind lol

D
D
I really, really wish we could use gifs on here 😂😂

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard