Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hmmm - Might have just had a second date. One of the ladies I work with who I am sweet on made a point of inviting me out to go for a walk at lunch today. She had joined a friend of mine and the week previously. Today we were alone. I often do walk at lunch and had suggested that she would be welcome to join me.

She wanted to vent so I listened. We talked about all sorts of things. Work related and not. We each had an ice-cream cone. I made a point of thanking her for the very pleasant walk and conversation and that I looked forward to the next time.

42 and still lives with her parents. I have no memory of her having a serious relationship in the 12 years or so that I've known her. She is well aware of my situation and timeline. Despite living with her parents she comes across as an independent and strong willed woman who is comfortable in her own skin.

She was keen to walk again next week but sadly I am on vacation. I do need to make sure that I am in this office on Thursdays from now on since that seems to be the day that she is free to walk.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
Might have just had a second date

Nice..

She wanted to vent so I listened. We talked about all sorts of things. Work related and not. We each had an ice-cream cone. I made a point of thanking her for the very pleasant walk and conversation and that I looked forward to the next time.

Listening: +1

42 and still lives with her parents. I have no memory of her having a serious relationship in the 12 years or so that I've known her. She is well aware of my situation and timeline. Despite living with her parents she comes across as an independent and strong willed woman who is comfortable in her own skin.

Why does she still live with them? Is it to help them in their old age/disability? Her hard times/issues? Or never moved out?

She was keen to walk again next week but sadly I am on vacation. I do need to make sure that I am in this office on Thursdays from now on since that seems to be the day that she is free to walk.

Why not just ask her to lunch?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Originally Posted by Dawgs

I don't think Canadians actually eat lunch. They just wander around.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Why does she still live with them? Is it to help them in their old age/disability? Her hard times/issues? Or never moved out?
No clue. Her parents are in fine health as far as I know.

There's no rush. And of course it could all be in my head although the odds of that are diminishing. Once our offices are split in a couple of months it would be more appropriate to meet for lunch etc when there would be no perceived conflict of interest.

No need to pick out wedding china wink

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D
D
Originally Posted by AndrewP
No need to pick out wedding china wink

Andrew,

I don't think you should consider marriage until you've had at least three dates.

There's a YouTube channel named "My Self Reliance." One of your fellow countrymen has built a log cabin out in the Canadian wilderness. He only uses hand tools. There's something compelling about his videos; it's strangely interesting to watch him work on his cabin. And, he has a beautiful Golden Retriever that loves to play in the snow. It makes me want to move to the Canadian wilderness.

V
V
Alaska is the place to go, 25 says so, there are lots of OW out there.

Wait that's for your exWW.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
D
Originally Posted by Vanilla
Alaska is the place to go...

I beg to differ. It's the Canadian lumberjacks that dress impeccably, and they're okay.

A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
And we can sing sing sing!

Google "Real Canadian Girl" by the bard of the north Stompin' Tom Connors - my father's second favourite singer after Hank Williams Sr.

Earlier tonight I stopped by to drop something off at my youngest brother's farm (who BTW has the largest ironwood tree in Ontario on the old family farm - he's trained as an arborist so he measured and registered it) and mentioned the nice lady from work. A bit of questioning - Italian / French / etc. He was a bit off-put when I said "black". Born in Canada though. Parents from the Caribbean. Mother is a Methodist, father Anglican. Not that any of that actually matters.

After our walk she did call me and did some "cute talk" on the phone whilst working on the pretext of a legitimate business call.

Many (many) years ago I had the opportunity to share a kiss with a former Miss Black Ontario who went on to become a moderately famous actor. I was a good friend of her older better looking sister.

One thing that the ladies here don't have to deal with is questioning paternity. It is a worm that burrows into my own brain and perhaps the brains of others. I did notice tonight especially that my son has many characteristics like his uncle (who is far too young to be considered as a gene donor). My daughter is very like my grandmother who I will always hold dear in my heart.

My ex did make a very big show of stating that she had never been unfaithful to me. To the point where at a new year's eve party just before her affair went physical she pointed out to all the friends at the party we were at how she thought that I had thought she was having an affair and how ridiculous that was.

Getting the kids to take a DNA test would be an obvious slap and I can't do that.

Been a rough week ending with a rough day. Long meetings trying to figure out how to split the company into different pieces. Officially I'm on vacation for the next week but have conference calls scheduled that I need to attend. I continue to feel like I'm digging my own grave and am just waiting for that bullet to the head like a bad western.

I mentioned to the president of the division I was visiting today that I'm struggling with a bunch of very hard choices about pensions and other things and he was sympathetic and agreed that the changes coming to our pensions were making tough choices for him as well.

Tomorrow will be the 2 year anniversary of when my ex-wife, her brother and the son of a friend of her's gutted the house and she finally moved out. I went back over my posts from then. I recognize that man and am still pretty much the same person. I was so very full of hope even if at the time I didn't believe that.

I am perhaps more Quixano than Quixote these days. I'm not happy about that but recognize that most people won't get my references. I don't want to be cynical and a realist. I am a romantic guy who adores Disney magic.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
V
V
I always believe in the truth and INTEL.

I have recommended to a couple of Newbies that they get a DNA test.

Why?

It stops all games. Not because the child may not be theirs but because they are.!

So if it puts questions to rest then do it. It's a straightforward view and in my experience love is love despite biology.

My 2c

V

V 64, WAW

V
V
Doodling along song:

Weather forecaster:

Well the weather for the whole area
Will continue much the same as the past few days
Temperatures seventeen centigrade, that's forty-nine Fahrenheit
Winds will freshen later tonight to south-west force six or seven
And there will be showers sometimes heavy in many
Oh sod it, I didn't wanna do this
I don't wanna be a weather forecaster
I don't wanna rabbit on all day about sunny periods
And patches of rain spritting from the west

LUMBERJACK:
I wanted to be
A lumberjack!
Leaping from tree to tree
As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia
The giant redwood
The larch
The fir
The mighty Scots pine
The lofty flowering cherry
The plucky little aspen
The limping Roo tree of Nigeria
The towering Wattle of Aldershot
The Maidenhead Weeping Water Plant
The naughty Leicestershire Flashing Oak
The flatulent Elm of West Ruislip
The Quercus Maximus Bamber Gascoigni
The Epigillus
The Barter Hughius Greenus

With my best buddy by my side
We'd sing, sing, sing

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day
He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day
I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea"

Chorus:
He cuts down trees, he eat his lunch
He goes to the lavatory
On Wednesdays he goes shopping and has buttered scones for tea

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars

Chorus
He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps
He likes to press wild flowers
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspendies and a bra
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa

Chorus
He cuts down trees, he wears high heels?
Suspendies and a bra?
He sleeps all night and he works all day
Sleeps all night and he works all day

Monty Python

V 64, WAW

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard