Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
One, I'm an introvert and need time alone to recharge. I work with people all day AND have a houseful of family who also need my time and attention, so no, I don't want to see someone every day because that would suck up all my limited available time. Especially not when we've only started dating and I'm still getting to know them.

Fair enough. As I said, to each their own. I can dig it.

having made such a mistake about crazy exBF, I'm trying to take my time and get to know CMM better. He's also in a slightly different place than me - I was just cautiously dipping my toes back into the dating waters after the traumatic experiences with crazy exBF (Love Avoidant FWB didn't really count as dating, I've known him a long time and that was just a friendly once a month thing, no strings). He's the first new guy I've dated since exBF and I'm on the alert for red flags. CMM on the other hand hasn't had a serious relationship since his divorce 4-5 years ago and would like nothing better than to settle into a serious long-term commitment right away. He's lonely and his girls don't live anywhere nearby and his social life revolved around parenting them when they were younger so he has a bit of a social void that he'd like to fill with seeing me. (Also since he's in sales he's likely more of an extrovert

Those crazy ex's can do that to one. Especially the first one or two after. In all honesty, what are you looking for with him?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
What am I looking for? (With him or any new partner right now?)

- I'd like a long-term monogamous companion - IF I think they're the right fit for me
- I'm not looking to remarry, although I might consider it eventually if I had an iron-clad prenup
- I might consider living with someone eventually, but not in the near future
- Ideal right now would be somebody that I see 2-3 times a week, maybe sleepover the same number of nights, who has their thing as I have mine, who communicates daily (but not excessively - I'm busy!)

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Just some odd things/coincidences about CMM:
He has the same (very common) last name as crazy exBF.
Calls my boobs by the same nickname exBF used and refers to them calling him in the same way.
Tonight said the same thing about my ex husband that exBF used to say!

Not saying CMM is anything like crazy exBF - he's not - but the coincidences are a little unnerving!

B
B
yeah, that would unnerve me too! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh! And he offered to paint my toenails too! Crazy exBF is the only man who ever painted my toenails for me, which I thought was weird at first but must admit was convenient and he could do a better job than me. (And no, neither of them have a kinky foot fetish, which wouldn't work for me as I am extremely ticklish!)

V
V
A few of my exes have done toe nails but not fingers!

It's painting on a smaller scale and I rather like it.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
V
Originally Posted by kml
Just some odd things/coincidences about CMM:
He has the same (very common) last name as crazy exBF.
Calls my boobs by the same nickname exBF used and refers to them calling him in the same way.
Tonight said the same thing about my ex husband that exBF used to say!

Not saying CMM is anything like crazy exBF - he's not - but the coincidences are a little unnerving!

Perhaps your boobs have a name they whisper at night.

And maybe there is truth in what they say?

I really like CMM as a dating prospect, you seem to be having fun.

V

V 64, WAW

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Lol V - yes maybe my boobs have become telepathic in the last six years, and are sending out messages? Who knows?

I first learned of their power about 14 years ago. I'm in Southern California where scantily clad women and bright colors are the norm. I was traveling in NYC and wearing a bright pink knit wrap blouse, v- neck but not particularly revealing, somewhat form fitting. Nobody would have looked twice in California but in NYC my boobs were like tractor beams, drawing the eyes of every passing male.

V
V
Yep maximise those assets.

V

V 64, WAW

B
B
i love that we come to this place heartbroken about our marriages and over time we have conversations about buying lingerie. that, folks, is healing, lol

fabulous!!!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis