Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
C
C
Hey GB... just getting acquainted with your sitch.

Regarding dating... I hear you girl. But right now, with Covid still going on, dating sure isn't the same as one might remember or imagine. Give it sometime, and work on you. I guess chatting online, is harmless. Nothing wrong with some friendly banter from the opposite sex. That's just my opinion.

The fish pond where I am is not full, but I'm not seriously looking. I'm a BIG believer in the right ones come when it's the right time, when all your stars are aligned sort of speak. When you're on top of the world, at the peak of your game, you have this magical aura that shines from you, attracting opportunities to you and people to you. I have to remind myself of this too.

~Never Give Up ~
Mar BD
June BD
Dec Aow/xgf
Jan he wants D
Feb he flys2 ow
Mar returns stuck here C19 Lckdwn
Apr he leaves for work until Nov
Oct D FINAL 2020
Living MY Happiest Life Ever
T
T
Hi GB,

I saw you commenting on others' threads, and thought to reads up on yours. December seemed like a rough month for you with so much happening at once. I hope the first couple of months of 2021 are treating you better!

G
OP Offline
G
Aw...CW, thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the kind words. I actually reconnected with someone and we had a great December. It was fun to have someone to celebrate my birthday, Christmas, and NYE. It was all very romantic until it ended about 5 weeks ago. Oh well. He wasn’t the one but that’s okay. I’ll keep on keeping on.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
K
kml Offline
K
Hey GB - glad you had company for those holidays, sorry it ended but we all know things end for a reason, one good thing about this DBing process I think is that we tend not to get "stuck' on failed dating relationships the way we might have when we were younger and dumber.

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks KML. I appreciate your kind words and you are correct. While sometimes painful or difficult, sometimes we have to give things a shot. Didn’t work but it was fun while it lasted.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
Happy Thursday. I’ve been reading along on everyone’s thread. Hope everyone is safe and enjoying some nice weather. Pssst. Don’t be jelly but it was 85 here last weekend. Not as nice this week.

My niece visited from college the last 2 weekends. I enjoy having her here with my peeps. We have lots of fun. My other niece (she’s 8) is visiting for the week. She’s sweet and how small we say it? Very chatty.

I’ve been soooooo tired this week. Exterior of my house is getting painted abs screened in porch was redone. Exciting but expensive. Inside will get painted in a couple of weeks.

I’m not sure why, well I know why.....I downloaded Bumble last night. I used it a few weeks few years ago and met some guys I’m still friendly with. I’m being much more strategic this time. No guys under 40 (yes, I understand age is allegedly just a number but I feel like I need to focus on older peeps). I forgot how overwhelming this felt. I don’t miss the feeling :-). I have no idea how often you all get asked out IRL at this point, I guess I thought I should expand the pool a little . I’m not expecting anything to come of it but I’ve connected with a few seemingly nice, funny people. We will see. I feel like I need to make a greater efffort.

I’m exhausted. Hopefully I can rest some this weekend. Happy Friday eve!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
K
kml Offline
K
Hi GB! I’m glad you’re willing to look again. Just cut yourself some slack though - visitors, house painting and repairs - you’ve got a lot on your plate! It’s ok to just take your time online, no need to turn it into full time searching right now unless that feels like escape instead of another job you have to do.

Especially in these pandemic times, meeting organically in the real world is difficult. So enjoy meeting people online. Sounds like you’re setting some more serious parameters this time, that’s good!

K
kml Offline
K
(PS I hear you on the house stuff. We had a rainstorm yesterday and when I came home, I found a piece of curved metal about a foot square on my front walkway. I have no idea where it came from - could it be part of the top of my chimney? Some important piece of roof flashing? Or a random piece of debris blown from the neighbor’s yard? Will I only find out once something starts leaking???)

A
A
Originally Posted by kml
(PS I hear you on the house stuff. We had a rainstorm yesterday and when I came home, I found a piece of curved metal about a foot square on my front walkway. I have no idea where it came from - could it be part of the top of my chimney? Some important piece of roof flashing? Or a random piece of debris blown from the neighbor’s yard? Will I only find out once something starts leaking???)

"Did the primary buffer panel just fall off my gorram ship for no apparent reason?!
Originally Posted by Georgiabelle
I’m not sure why, well I know why.....I downloaded Bumble last night. I used it a few weeks few years ago and met some guys I’m still friendly with. I’m being much more strategic this time. No guys under 40 (yes, I understand age is allegedly just a number but I feel like I need to focus on older peeps). I forgot how overwhelming this felt. I don’t miss the feeling :-).
Yep - I know that feeling. At least from the point of view of - do I "really" want to put the effort into this that it would take?

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
K
kml Offline
K

"Did the primary buffer panel just fall off my gorram ship for no apparent reason?!

Exactly!

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard