Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2779500 02/22/18 06:00 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Sigh.

HQ is back in Cali and has been for a little while. I just didn't care to tell that story. Maybe one day. And that's all I'm going to say as its very personal to her and her issues. I hope she gets the help she needs.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Now, the other hit.

On Saturday, the kids and I were out walking the dog when Birthday Party Girl called. Out of the freaking blue. I didn't answer, but the next day I sent her a message saying "sorry I missed your call, if you want to talk stop by."

She replied, "It was a butt dial and we don't need to talk." See, that was a lie as we haven't talked on the phone in more than a month...

So, fast forward to Tuesday. She calls crying that night. We talk for 2+ hours. A LOT of stuff was said and put out there. Baby steps, as she called them. Armor, I am wearing.

Regardless, she's quite the chatty cathy. Sends a ton of pictures of her, her son, her apartment, and new car. A ton. The next day we talk. She wants to go out Saturday, so I said "yeah." Why wouldn't I? What's the worst that could happen?

We talk the next day. More pics come. And then mentioned that the butt dial wasn't an accident, and she said of course it wasn't. I said admit the real reason she called, and she said she sorta missed me. Not long after that, the conversations stopped. Last night I messaged her and she said "stop." As in stop messaging. So I haven't since.

WTF.

G
G
I think maybe you should write a list of "why wouldn't I?"

I can help you with that one if you would like wink

G
G
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Not long after that, the conversations stopped. Last night I messaged her and she said "stop." As in stop messaging. So I haven't since.

WTF.

I can also tell you WTF. She has unmedicated and untreated bipolar disorder. This is NORMAL behavior for someone in that circumstance and very predictable.

If you are going to think of anyone in this sitch, let it be your kids. This is a highly unstable woman who can't stay in anyone's life for 5 minutes and is highly volatile. This is the mother figure you want for your kids????? You want this in their lives?

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Not long after that, the conversations stopped. Last night I messaged her and she said "stop." As in stop messaging. So I haven't since.

WTF.

I can also tell you WTF. She has unmedicated and untreated bipolar disorder. This is NORMAL behavior for someone in that circumstance and very predictable.

If you are going to think of anyone in this sitch, let it be your kids. This is a highly unstable woman who can't stay in anyone's life for 5 minutes and is highly volatile. This is the mother figure you want for your kids????? You want this in their lives?

Now, I'm not sure she is bipolar, just an observation.

I didn't say I wanted her to be a mother figure for them. However, I have seen her around them and she showed them more love and attention than their real mom ever could even begin to think of, and it was real as I watched carefully.

C
C
What is it you want Jeep? Are you bouncing back to BPG because she's "HOT" and because HQ isn't available right now, or do you see BPG as a R and future? If your thinking R, do you recognize the drama, confusion, frustration, hurt that is likely to be involved or are you thinking that Love will conquer all?

If you recognize everything that is likely to come with her conditions, or your just looking for hook ups, then just say so. But I'm not sure if you're really trying to figure out if a R with BPG would be a good idea because you don't want the drama/pain/confusion that may come with it.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I think maybe you should write a list of "why wouldn't I?"

I can help you with that one if you would like wink

Haha. I'm sure you could. She's like a drug. I wrote her off for a long time and then Saturday happened. And then Tues and yesterday. I know she's bad for me. I get that. I also have to see where that train is going and how the ride will turn out. I've tried to stay away, but each time she [censored] me into the vortex of her. For the life of me, I can't figure out why.

D
D
Oh Jeep....I just want to give you a big hug! I feel bad now that I brought up HQ the other day in a comment I made to you. Sorry about that!

Having never dealt with someone with true mental issues like BPG has, I don't know that I can offer you any great advice, but I think what I can say, as several of us said on your other thread...RUN!!!!!!! You don't need or want that kind of drama and you certainly don't want that behavior modeled for your children.

Obviously I don't know you beyond the posts I read, but I think we all get these mental images of each other based on our postings and you strike me as a very strong, self-confident guy. Though we don't know each other in real life, I also have a very distinct mental picture of you physically and in my mind, you are a very attractive guy....remind me of someone I used to know in a weird way. I say all that to say that I have absolutely no doubt that there are plenty of attractive SANE women who would love to date you. So, don't stick with the one who clearly doesn't have her ducks in a row. You don't need that and your kids don't need it, no matter how young and hot she is. LOL

I know you know all that, by the way. I just don't really know what other advice to offer. Hang in there! wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Coconut
What is it you want Jeep? Are you bouncing back to BPG because she's "HOT" and because HQ isn't available right now, or do you see BPG as a R and future? If your thinking R, do you recognize the drama, confusion, frustration, hurt that is likely to be involved or are you thinking that Love will conquer all?

If you recognize everything that is likely to come with her conditions, or your just looking for hook ups, then just say so. But I'm not sure if you're really trying to figure out if a R with BPG would be a good idea because you don't want the drama/pain/confusion that may come with it.

You know, Coconut, I'm not sure. I'm not "bouncing back" because she's hot. I'm not even sure where I want that to go, if anywhere. There are plenty of others that I could go out with, but for some reason this one has a hold on me that I can't describe. Not in any form. It's almost like I have to see how this train ride ends. Any R would be down the road if there even is one, which honestly I doubt.

Hookups? No, not looking for that. As I said, there are opportunities for those if I choose them.

As for HQ, she suffers from severe PTSD brought on when her squad was ambushed while she was in Iraq (she is a combat medic) where 2 where KIA and several wounded. That didn't show until much much later. And there are some personal things I won't go into. But she just disappeared. Cut all social media and is gone.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard