Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
doodler #2716310 11/16/16 06:20 AM
W
W
C'mon G, spill the beans (where the heck did that phrase come from?)!How was the date?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
whatisis #2716323 11/16/16 07:23 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: whatisis
C'mon G, spill the beans (where the heck did that phrase come from?)!How was the date?

Well, I did reach a milestone of a 3rd date from someone I met online. We went out for sushi, I was freakin' starving. We had a nice dinner and conversation and we went back to his house and cuddled and watched a movie and aptly passed out. I woke up at 1am and went home.

He is very different from anyone I have ever dated. Some things I like, some I wish were different. And it's not major stuff. I began to overanalyze and compare on my drive to work this morning, but I decided to stop.

I'm really trying to go with the flow and not look down the road, but yes, there will be a date #4.

There are many reasons why I wish I didn't get divorced. But for real, starting over and over and over again is not how I imagined it. Working on a relationship with the person you married and the work you do to actively love that person is the work I'd rather be doing.

Don't get me wrong, I am making the best of my situation.

Ginger1 #2716326 11/16/16 07:32 AM
W
W
Sounds wunderbar smile At my age, we pass out on the couch before the movie lol.

Ginger1 #2716333 11/16/16 07:45 AM
D
D
Ginger,

You're doing a great job of moving on.

I truly and deeply loved my xW, but in hindsight, she was a difficult woman. I loved being married and I loved my family life, but that's gone. I see excitement and adventure in my future, and frankly, I'm giddy about the prospects of the future being so bright that I have to wear shades.

doodler #2716340 11/16/16 08:13 AM
R
R
Originally Posted By: G
There are many reasons why I wish I didn't get divorced. But for real, starting over and over and over again is not how I imagined it. Working on a relationship with the person you married and the work you do to actively love that person is the work I'd rather be doing.

Don't get me wrong, I am making the best of my situation.

There are many reasons I wish I didn't get divorced too Ginger. Mostly financial but also the loss of a dream about growing old together, retiring, traveling, having fun with our grandkids. In my case that was more like a fairy tale.

It is eye opening to be dating a "normal" guy who actually likes me and enjoys spending time with me. Him also being divorced with kids is a bonus as he understands my triggers and all the crap we go thru with our exes.

The Plumber sounds fun, which is what I wish for you at this point. Someone who can understand you and the craziness in your life, who likes you, who respects you. Who is willing to "watch it" when you are uncomfortable with something. Someone you can cuddle with watching NetFlix without him demanding sex as payment.

Go with your gut hon, enjoy dating, stop over-analyzing and enjoy it.

Originally Posted By: doodler
I see excitement and adventure in my future, and frankly, I'm giddy about the prospects of the future being so bright that I have to wear shades.

Me too smile Life is what we make it. And love is a choice. Lets's choose love, choose happiness, and buy ourselves sunglasses!

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
RosaLinda #2716342 11/16/16 08:28 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
That was apparently a fairytale in my case too, RL. But your new fairytale is very inspiring to me. Keeps me from not choosing to be the crazy cat lady who doesn't even like cats.

I know with my ex I would have been miserable. I know that. I wish the after dating could have been a heck of a lot easier. I wish I found my someone by now.

This guy probably isn't my someone. If the last one wasn't my someone, this one most likely isn't. But I am trying to be ok with that. I'm going to not over analyze, enjoy the cuddling and dating, and who knows, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. Maybe we will just move on when we know it isn't going anywhere. For now, I am having a good time.

Doodler, it's not as miserable as I am making it sound. You should be excited. And maybe if you stop standing chicks up, you'll see!!!!!!

Ginger1 #2716344 11/16/16 08:34 AM
W
W
So Ginger, you're saying that for dating to work you actually have to meet people? Hmmmm.

whatisis #2716367 11/16/16 09:30 AM
W
W
Ginger, seeing as how you mentioned past relationships ...here's a poem I wrote a few years ago which I've just revamped, it seems fitting smile

Makeover

Since you told me it was over
My days with you were through
I’ve had a complete makeover
And here’s my full report to you.
I’ve lost some 20 lbs, ya’ know
Just can’t find where I put ‘em.
I learned an ancient martial art
And origami too.
I joined a local YMCA
This helps to keep me buff.
I run for miles, can’t seem to stop
And haven’t lost my lunch.
I found the Lord while on my knees
He was right there under the couch!
I go to church and praise his name
And pay my tithes, of course.
I read and write cosmic poetry
And do Karaoke on the side.
I’ve found a therapist with comfy chairs
And made friends a mile wide
Women seem to like me too
Don’t know what that one’s all about
But I take what life will give to me
And no longer seem to doubt.
So life is now a joy to behold
An adventure right out of the blue
So recently it occurred to me
Why the hell would I need you?

by Me

whatisis #2716370 11/16/16 09:35 AM
R
R
Great poem, WII, love it!

Originally Posted By: G
Keeps me from not choosing to be the crazy cat lady who doesn't even like cats.

I don't understand why there are not more crazy pug ladies wink

RosaLinda #2716412 11/16/16 01:15 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
WII, I love the poem! You are quite talented!

I would definitely be the crazy pug lady. There really should be more.

The plumber has a dog which is a mutt, but if you look at that face, you know there is pug in her! I DO like his dog.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard