Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
D
D
Quote:
NG's BIL is a very, very famous musician

Does he live in the same said town that has spawned many, many musicians?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
G
OP Offline
G
Hi Jeep,

The BIL doesn't. He is much older than NG and was in a very very popular of the 80s and 90s. Howevs, I used to wait on LOTS of musicians back in the day in said town. Lots:)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
D
D
That's one thing that I miss was the music scene. Been to the GA theater more time than I can remember. I think I saw Widespread Panic 6 times there.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
G
OP Offline
G
Ah yes. I saw so many bands there. Widespread Panic. Saw Hootie and the Blowfish so many times. Who knew Darius Rucker would become a country sensation? Do you remember Follow for Now? Loved them. I saw Pearl Jam at Legion. My NG has photographed some of the up and coming musicians there which is kind of cool.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
Hi DB peeps,

The kids were with my brother and their grandparents for break and came back strep and a stomach virus. Argh. I hope everyone is on the mend. D12 is 2 inches taller than me now. Sigh. I'm still taller than the boys.

You know I relish the unconventional. I think it's a subconscious thing but it's become my norm. As I met x Mr.GB's to get S7 (the mere sight of him turns me to putty), NG was with me. X-ILs love NG and have invited him to visit. He visited them when they stayed at my house when I was out of town. We discovered that my XMIL went to high school with NG's XFIL. It IS the south. I kid. :-) Funny to behaving lunch with your guy and ex ILs.

NG and I had a great week but hit a bit of an issue Saturday night. He made s7 and i a delicious dinner of asparagus shrimp risotto. S7 was watching a movie and NG said he didn't feel I was open to people about our R. He's right. I don't post pics but the people important to me know of him and that's what counts. This conversation turned sideways about marriage and living together and I got a bit snippy. I apologized and asked to refrain from chatting about that topic too much right now.

I need a new career and can't seem to get motivated. It's time. Here's to hoping the Ebola virus/ tuberculosis level 3 leaves our house for good.

Hugs everyone.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
G
OP Offline
G
*be having*. Ignore my plethora of typos. On da phone

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
D
D
GB,

You are way ahead of me. You are doing awesome!

R
R
Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle

You know I relish the unconventional. I think it's a subconscious thing but
NG and I had a great week but hit a bit of an issue Saturday night. He made s7 and i a delicious dinner of asparagus shrimp risotto.

Hold On GB,

Sorry, I know there's more going on here but I can't get past this statement. Seriously? Your seven-year-old will eat shrimp and asparagus risotto? I have dinner envy.

I'm sorry your relationship with NG seems to be causing you angst. I would say just enjoy it for what it is and stop pressuring yourself - but it sounds like he wants more than that right now. FWIW, major kudos to you for getting this far- I am still deeply ambivalent about the thought of dating.

Hugs and an Almond Joy

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
G
OP Offline
G
Raliced,

Yes!!! It's awesome to hear from you. I have super ambitious eaters. S7 loves sushi as well :-) I can't think of anything he doesn't like? The other week he tried vegemite.

I understand the ambivalence. I do. I wasn't looking-NG is fantastic, however I wasn't expecting this. Still trying to go at a pace I can handle.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
M
M
GB,

My S9 would have LOVED the shrimp & asparagus risotto. Especially if he could have picked out the asparagus. smile

My Guy had the good sense to refrain from being too open about his long-term ambitions at the beginning, but they're becoming a lot more clear now that we've been together just over a year. I have been anxious and ambivalent in a lot of ways about the relationship for a big chunk of it. I don't know if this is part of your anxiety, but for me I've had a hard time believing he wasn't going to crush my heart like Mr. Fantastic did, or that he didn't have an ulterior motive in some way. It's take a long time to figure things out for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's reasonable that you would have anxiety in a new relationship after everything. I hope you find your footing soon and try to enjoy the ride along the way. And I hope your new guy is patient and supportive while you find it.

Hugs!!!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard