Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
M
Hey Bill - I know we are considered old timers now but do they still call that 2 x 4? I was hit by a few in my day!

Mules

M 43
W 44
M 17
T 22
S16,12,9
Bomb 2/05/08
I served her 1/06/09
S'd 3/15/09
D'd 12/21/09

"Tough times don't last, tough people do." --My Dad to me years ago, me to my boys now.
B
B
I guess it was Mules. I'm sorry lost if I came across as too harsh. I really am not trying to hurt you.

You need to get a focus. I guess that's what I was trying to say.

Stuff that hurts me = bad.
Stuff that doesn't hurt me = good.

That's my Dads K.I.S.S. principle.

Blessings,
Bill

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
V
V
Originally Posted By: ForGump
Originally Posted By: lostasf
What does this mean ForGump?

My impression is that most spouses who leave won't admit there is even a theoretical possibility of coming back.

Just my 2 cents, Gump, you could not be more wrong. Lost's wife is not stating there is a possibility of a return, she's just justifying why SHE'S NOT RETURNING. There is a HUGE difference. Pretty much all walkouts do the justifying game and some justifications are just plain incredible, amazing even, like for instance one spouse said that he's not coming back, because the wife tosses salad in a certain way, but the one that really takes the cake is one where one husband said he's not coming back, because the cat farts too much. confused

Originally Posted By: Bworl
[quote=lostasf]
Has she not made herself clear? You know, part of the reason these walk away spouses get so angry with us is that our actions and words make it clear the WE ARENT HEARING THEM! She moved out. She does not want to be married right now. She wants to see if someone else can make her feel good about herself.

Bworl has made some excellent points, I would just like to emphisize a point that she already found someone who makes her feel good about herself. And she's running on pure emotions right now. She's and addict in each and every sense of the word, no different than a heroin junkie or an alcoholic. Just ask Sandi or better yet, try to get familiar with her story. She sure did open a lot of eyes (mine included).

And one more final thing, do not assume your W is not reading your thread, and she will use it against you in each and every way. Your W right now is not to be trusted, I would really suggest you change your screen name and ask the mods to help you bury the topic. DO NOT share DB or DR with your W, any of it. Remember, she believes beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are at fault for wrecking the marriage and that SHE IS THE REAL VICTIM here and that she's the one that was trying to bring love to the marriage and that NOW FINALLY the time is here for her to be happy. As far as her A is concerned, she's found her soul mate,some one that FINALLY understands her and FINALLY "gets" her and FINALLY "treats her right". Needless to say it's all BS and the landing will be brutal, but she's got to come to the realization, you cannot "help her".

Stay strong buddy, there is a long road ahead of you...

L
lostasf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
@ Mods: Any idea how to accomplish what Vapo is suggesting?

L
lostasf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Well, I leave for China tomorrow. I'm hopeful that it will take my mind off of the Sitch. I'll be gone for 2 weeks but will hopefully check out the boards when I get WiFi. I really do hate that I am having to go without my W, as I would have really enjoyed this experience with her, but that's how life goes I suppose. This entire process just absolutely [censored]. I can't believe how devastating all of this has been over the last couple months. I will say that I do at least have good moments now as opposed to weeks ago. I sure wish I had more of them though! It'll get better though, I have faith in that after soooooo many people have told me that.

L
LiM Offline
L
Try and go and just enjoy yourself. I had to take a trip to NY by myself that had originally been planned as a birthday trip for my W. My W was furious that I was going and told me that I shouldn't be going. I can't say I enjoyed myself but I went because I was not going to let her control me. Props to you for having the courage to go on your trip alone. Have fun. This is an amazing opportunity for you.

Me: 48 y/o
W: 47 y/o
Together: > 20 yrs
BD: Dec '15, then S
2nd BD: Mar '16, then I filed for D
April '16: started piecing
L
lostasf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks LiM. I can't say that I am that courageous as I will be meeting an old friend over there at some point so I won't be doing it all alone smile Regardless, I am going to try to enjoy myself as much as possible. All of this mess will still be here when I get back so I suppose worrying about it won't do any good.

L
lostasf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Well, made it back from my 2 week China/Thailand trip. It was quite the adventure. It was a real test to both my physical and mental strength/endurance. We did SOOOO much hiking! Many days without sleep because there was just too much packed into such little time. All in all it was a great experience. I am officially tired of being in planes and airports though! smile

C
C
Glad to hear you had a great trip, welcome back...

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
L
LiM Offline
L
Sounds like you had an awesome trip. I'm glad you did it.
What new with your sitch? Has your W made contact w you since you've been back?

Me: 48 y/o
W: 47 y/o
Together: > 20 yrs
BD: Dec '15, then S
2nd BD: Mar '16, then I filed for D
April '16: started piecing
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard