Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
L
So sorry to hear about this. I don't have much experience with D or false accusations or anything like that. But one thing did occur to me reading this.

Recommend being careful about how to speak to your friends and family. For one thing, I'm sure they can all see how insane your W behavior is. Second, it might be really tempting to wallow in the pity you get.

One of my favorite things from my first M after W left me was chatting with a mutual friend who asks me: "How's your better half?" (he didn't know yet). I say something like "well we're splitting up blah blah"
Friend: "(pause)... well, I always thought you were the better half anyway."

Hehe, still makes me laugh. But the insidious part is it was really easy for me to play the victim. Everyone saw my W just walk on out, and here was poor me, soaking all the pity in. Did I focus on my contributions to it? What I could do to be better as a man? Hell no! Probably has a lot to do with why I'm here today trying to DB M #2!!!

Anyway, advice for you be extremely careful. You go playing the victim with friends and family is just going to fuel the crazy. Cool calm collected courteous, and let the L do their thing. And like sandi says, stay the heck away.

Me: 34, W: 39
T: 10y, M: 8y
D 4, D 6
2nd M for both
BD: 4/22
M
M
Considering she is making absurd statements you should be very careful with every interaction. Possibly recording them, audio and/or video. This may be all a set up for some further actions to come.

Me:49 W:45
M:19 T:22
EA confirmed and ended 8/2014
S:19,17 D:9,5
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yeah, my lawyer has told me to record everything possible, and to not be alone with her. Including when exchanging children. All children swaps will be done at public place.

I know Sandi says "She's not the girl you married", but this is unbelievable!!!!

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
J
Jb9140 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm meeting with the lawyers Tuesday to discuss my response to the petitioner. I can't believe it's really happening. I pretty confident that I'm going to disagree with 90% of the petition. Trying to stay busy getting a life and working. Really enjoying my time with the boys. It ends up that 2 of the Petitioners girlfriends are filing for divorce and moving into the same apartment complex as my STBXW. I don't know if this is normal, but Sandi once said that "Birds of a feather, flock together".

Me-LBH, 44
Spouse-WAW, 41
Married for 9 years
S, 7 S, 5
BD - November 20th 2015
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard