Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joe46 #2696998 08/15/16 05:10 PM
A
A
Fishing trips and golf with dad sounds like a lot of fun! I tried to play golf once. I would have been really awesome at it if it were called "divot" instead of golf, since it seemed like I was much better at making dirt fly than the golf ball. smile

School started back here almost two weeks ago, so summer has pretty much ended for us too. But that's OK...I am definitely looking forward to fall and some cooler weather (hopefully soon). We moved and I started a new job recently, so am mostly just trying to get settled and develop a sense of normalcy again. All in all though, life is really good. Can't complain. smile

Me: 43, Him: 40
Married: 21 years

annab74 #2697160 08/16/16 10:02 AM
J
Joe46 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It is just crazy how soon school starts in the Fall now!! Don't get much of a summer!!

Good for you on the move and new job!! Hope it is doing something you enjoy!

The cooler weather sounds good to me also!! That brings football season!!:)

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

Joe46 #2697185 08/16/16 11:53 AM
D
D
Hi Joe! I SO identified with your first post I just read. I, too, came here trying to save a marriage that wasn't going to be saved. Ultimately, though, I consider myself a DB success, because though I didn't manage to save the M, I saved me. So, I TOTALLY get what you are saying. Welcome to this side of things. Wishing you all the best! I am definitely enjoying the fruits of my labor, so to speak, now and I'm sure you will too. smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Dawn70 #2697249 08/16/16 03:00 PM
J
Joe46 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Dawn70
Hi Joe! I SO identified with your first post I just read. I, too, came here trying to save a marriage that wasn't going to be saved. Ultimately, though, I consider myself a DB success, because though I didn't manage to save the M, I saved me. So, I TOTALLY get what you are saying. Welcome to this side of things. Wishing you all the best! I am definitely enjoying the fruits of my labor, so to speak, now and I'm sure you will too. smile

Hello Dawn!! Thank You! I too am enjoying the fruits of my labor, so to speak!! My stress level has changed so much. I used to get major headaches and pain in my neck. Hardly get that anymore. My self confidence has come back. I still had bad days once in awhile. I am stronger inside. I have learned about what I will and won't tolerate.

Kids are doing good!! Still have a good relationship with my stepkids. D13 and S8 are getting ready for school. Both are excited! Stepsons baby is getting big so fast!! I visit with them quite often. Stepson chose not to visit with his mom last time she was up here. Said it was too uncomfortable with her affair partner there. I guess ExW tries to reach out the them once in awhile, but they don't talk to her. Alot of anger and hurt they are going through.

EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16

#2736929 03/31/17 08:13 AM
J
Joe46 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hello Everyone! It has been awhile since I posted here. I have been reading some on and off. Trying to catch up. It is so funny how I get busy moving on with things in my life and then one day run across something that brings me back to here. It feels really good to remember what I went through back then and where I am now. I have learned so much and I am continuing to learn.

Kids are doing well! Been busy with school, basketball, boy scouts and other activities. I am doing well. Busy with work and kids stuff. Became a board member for the golf course here and I am now running for school board member. I am doing lots of things that I never did before!

I was reading one of V's posts about the fear of the future without someone to share it with. I admit that I have gone through this myself. I like to think that it is just a stage of the recovery. I am taking those feelings as a sign that I need to focus on myself and growing and experiencing new things. My faith in God's plan helps me get through it also. But it is not easy. I miss the companionship sometimes. I dabble a bit with the online dating thing and it is weird to me. I have met a few people and I have learned from each experience. I am also learning what I want in a relationship and what I don't want. I see the red flags now! I am in no hurry to date. Just taking it one day at a time!

Last edited by job; 03/31/17 02:06 PM. Reason: Added spacing between paragraphs

EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16

job Offline
Joe,

Welcome back!

I've merged your two latest threads together. Please post on one thread until you've reached 100 postings/replies in the future.

Thanks!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
V
V
Great to hear from you

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard