A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Save your marriage singlehandedly
with Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching
Call 303-444-7004 to get started right away.

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Isn't it funny how, even when life is good, we can have those little nagging moments when our confidence is at an all-time low? I have been having those moments lately and I'm not really sure where it is coming from. I think part of it is that I really feel like I'm ready to date, but don't have a clue how to go about finding someone. I would like to date my friend, but it is clear to me that we are JUST friends. I'm ok with that, since we have known each other for so long, but a part of me is having a hard time completely forcing that out of my mind.

I know I'm a nice woman, independent, fairly intelligent, honest, with a sense of humor so I have a lot to offer, but beautiful, I am NOT. I'm tall for a woman (6'0) and heavy with frizzy hair and pale skin. NOT a cover model by any stretch. And, that is where the shot to the confidence, I think lies. If I were prettier, I think dating would be easier. That sounds so shallow, but I wish I had a way to find out if it were true.

I'm having a bit of a pity party today so sorry if I offended anyone. Not at all my intention............just feeling a little low and my mind is racing.

Me 51, H52
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
7 grandkids
S
S
So, fair skinned, statuesque and with curls....you sound lovely Dawn!! I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about skin deep stuff. I think real beauty is someone who is confident and happy within themselves, who is authentic, passionate, interested in others. Who laughs and smiles and appreciates the joys in life. All of that is beautiful, whether she be 4ft, 6ft, 40 or 80.

Enjoy making the most of your assets, wear what you enjoy and tease those gorgeous tresses into lovely curls with serum....then relax and feel comfortable within yourself....

We all have dips like you say - but you are a truly lovely woman Dawn and (as Brene Brown would say) worthy of love and connection...enjoy the journey as you seek it xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
S
I totally agree with Sotto. From reading your posts Dawn you sound absolutely lovely and your love of life just shines through. We all have days like these where nothing feels right and I'm sure even catwalk models have off days. But it will pass and your spark will return I'm sure!

Take care xx

Me - 44 Husband - 47
D20, S18
BD - Aug 2013
Moved out - Jan 2014
OW discovered Jan 2014
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks, Sotto and Stacey. I appreciate your kind words. I have been a little low this week and I think I finally figured out why. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my XMIL had been in the hospital and I had gone to see her and saw XH (even picked him up from the airport, mind you) and I think seeing him just got me down. Not because I want him back because I am far past finished with him, but because it just makes me sad that this person I once loved so much has become this person I don't even know: a liar, a cheater. And, he seems to so casually have moved from me to OW. Where is the hurt and pain? I sure felt them, but he doesn't seem to have felt a thing. It makes me sad because I wonder if I ever mattered.

So, down week this week, but tonight, I'm cooking supper for my sister and her family which I have not had the chance to do in years. Tomorrow, we are taking my mom out for supper to celebrate her upcoming birthday. And, at some point, friend, friend's d and I are going to go swimming and have a picnic. I also got my very first paycheck at my new job today, which means I have money...only a little as I'm paying off deposits and such from my moving expenses, but I am going to get a new haircut this afternoon when I get off work. So, this is going to be a nice, slow, relaxing weekend and I can't wait! smile

Me 51, H52
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
7 grandkids
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Life is clicking right along in Dawn's world. I got my teaching assignment last week and I'm so excited to actually be going back into the classroom at the college level, which is where I have always wanted to be. Turns out, XH's selfish behavior actually worked to my advantage because it allowed me to move to this new job. If I was still with him, I never would've even applied because he was so unwilling to move.

I find it telling that he was willing to move 1600 miles for her, but wouldn't move 90 for me, but oh well. It really is his loss. And, his loss is my gain. smile I haven't been this happy in a very long time and I deserve it. I'm taking care of ME for the first time in a long time and that feels very very good.

Me 51, H52
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
7 grandkids
V
V
Whey hey go my Dawn.

Cheers and bumps.

Are you still doing Rotary?

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
Dawn70 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks, V! I am taking a break from Rotary to get settled into a routine here, but look forward to getting back into it in the coming months. A gentleman I went to college with is in the local Rotary club where I moved to and he has already approached me as a willing sponsor when I get ready. smile

Me 51, H52
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
7 grandkids
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I don't think I have ever mentioned it as I have always been guarded about very specific personal details on this site, but my new job includes me teaching a couple of college classes. That is only one small part of my job, but it is the part I'm most excited about as I have always wanted to teach at the college level.

Classes start next week and I'm starting to get a tad nervous, but I'm also so super stinking excited that I can't hardly see straight. I'm literally living the dream. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me 51, H52
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
7 grandkids
V
V
Dawno is awesome

V

V 64, WAW

V
V
Dawn is awesome

That might be Dawn then without the o!

V

V 64, WAW

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004