Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
M
Sotto-- You do 'sound' strong in spite of the circumstances. I wanted to write how awesome a girls nite out must have been, as I could desperately use one, but if it's not what you want and need right now, then find something else to fill your social calendar.

H and I keep dropping the pet names too. I don't call H out on it, but he does. He'll give me a look, and say "Really?" I just shrug and say "It slipped. Its been 21 years," and go about my biz. I can see how it would annoy you tho. Rd has a good point-- maybe its the one little thread he can hang on to, cuz hes losing you fast. Idk. Who knows! ?

Hang in there girlfriend. You got this-- whatever "this" is!!

Me 47 H 49 S18 S15
M 21
BD #1 11/09/15 ILYBNILY
I believe we are Piecing 1/2/16
Suspect EA/PA? 2/28/16
BD #2 "He tried, but needs passion." 2/28/16
Confirm PA 3/11/16, he's leaving in June
H leaves 5/7/16
B
B
Hi Love ... I'm sorry you are feeling a bit roller coasterish ... but it's not really surprising considering how close you are to the D. You truly are such a class act my friend. Ignore the pet names. Do what you can to just breathe through it all. Love you and am here for you xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
P
P
Hi Sotto,
Just checking in on you as I'm reading the MLC section of the board more than newcomers these days. Hope you are starting to few lighter. You are a pillar of strength and just like bttrfly mentioned above- a class act. You'll get through this. Take care!

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys - it's very much appreciated. I feel a little more settled now. Just waiting to hear from the L and call in and sign the financial agreement.

Yesterday, I was pretty proud of myself. I've known for a good while that I needed to tick off STD testing. But it's not a great thing to have to do and I've been putting it off. But I also knew that I couldn't be intimate with anyone (not that I have imminent plans!) knowing that I needed to be tested. So I finally got myself there, and it was fine! I thought I might cry, but TBH the Dr I saw was in no way compassionate when I told him why I was there - and strangely that helped me. Anyway, all tested now and I hope the results are positive. I did laugh to myself driving home, thinking - well, you've not really lived until you've been to the STD clinic have you?

Other than that, I've had a good week. Been at the bookstore today and invited out for coffee tonight (girlfriend.) I'm at a craft workshop tomorrow, then Mum-sitting on Sun, but have a friend maybe calling in for coffee too.

Happy Friday all and hope this weekend is a good one. Xox smile

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
job Offline
Sotto,
I'm very glad that you went in for STD testing. It's not a fun thing to do, but it was very important to know that you are okay and when you are ready to be intimate w/someone, you know that you are okay to do so.

Your weekend sounds like you may have some fun in the mix, i.e., coffee w/a gf tonight and a craft workshop tomorrow. I'm sure your mum is always happy to see you.

Enjoy your weekend!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
Sotto

Had to smile n smirk a bit, I recall the same feeling when I went to get tested... Was partly because I wasn't sure when W was with OM, and partly to quickly prove it wasn't me who gave her the gift... Looking at this I was in such a "see I didn't do it now love me" but after the results came back and I was clear it was more anger that I was out in that position. I too told the Dr why I was there and if anything for the first time in my life I felt the staff was more uncomfortable than I was and that got me through it

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

I
I
Hi Sotto: Just read your last months posts. I can see your a little up and down but overall the rollercoaster is going up not down.:)

I have posted an update and will be starting the DRW on 12th April? Looking forward to it. Might see you there?

xx

Me49 W45
T15 M13
S11 S8
BD 11/15/11 & 3/27/12
Moved out 4/9/12 Moved back 4/23/12
W working on US 5/20/12 Now Piecing!
May-Oct14 drifting
Dec 14 W agrees to more QT
BD Oct15 ILYBINILWY
W filed 1/25/16
I
I
PS I joined the SPTC - which is great - Im going on a weekend away in May with 40 other single parents and kids!....mostly women btw wink

Me49 W45
T15 M13
S11 S8
BD 11/15/11 & 3/27/12
Moved out 4/9/12 Moved back 4/23/12
W working on US 5/20/12 Now Piecing!
May-Oct14 drifting
Dec 14 W agrees to more QT
BD Oct15 ILYBINILWY
W filed 1/25/16
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Isit, thanks for dropping by & good for you with the weekend in May. If I had kids, I'd join that myself and I'll mention it to my DRW chums. Yes, I'm on the drinks rota for some nights, so I'll see you there.

Not much news from me. Busy at work & seeing the L tomorrow to sign finance papers. Some nice social plans over the Easter weekend.

Take care smile

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi all, just dropping in to say I called in to see the L this morning and signed the financial agreement. It will now be posted to H's L for him to sign and then on to court for a rubber stamp. My L said that H may apply to finalise the D as the agreement goes to court, or may wait until it's back - so I'm not really sure how soon the D will be final, but that's okay.

I'm a bit up and down. I've had a hectic week at work and when you feel tired, you tend to feel worse I think. I'm better when more rested and with nice social plans. I'm looking forward to a break over Easter and of course I have GAL plans. I'm selling my car ATM and have someone coming to see it. I really hope they buy as I pick up my new car this week - it's my D present to myself and I'm looking forward to it!

Take care all xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard