Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
job Offline
Sotto,
The healing process for each person is different and you can't rush the process. All you can do is feel the pain, work through it and then allow it to wash off your back. Each time you feel the pain, you will notice that you grow stronger and then one day, you'll begin to see the light of day again and can enjoy life once more in a very different way than you do now.

I'm glad you met up w/your divorce group chums and had a nice walk. I think it's really nice that you are hosting a Valentine's Day dinner. It should be a lot of fun and no one will be left alone that evening. Enjoy their company as they will enjoy yours.

Have a great week!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
M
Sotto. What a great idea, your Valentine's dinner! What are you going to make? I am happy to hear you are laughing, I remember when that first started coming back for me. You are doing good, hang in there. I hope you have a nice week.

Me 48 H 46 S 11
M 2004
BD 8/13
H moved out 2/15
-live in the present, enjoy the beauty around and within you, explore your new future-
B
B
Sotto I'm so glad you are feeling better. You are the epitome of resilience and grace under pressure. Enjoy your dinner party xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
R
R
Have a great dinner party Sotto , I presume we are all invited and even if the others aren't , I will expect my Invitation in the mail !!!! ( along with the card !!! )

Take care ?? xx

Sotto- your party sounds lovely. So glad you are out and about and staying active. It can be hard some days to be social but friends and activities keep us moving forward. So do tell us your party menu - are you going with a theme? smile

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, at this point there are seven coming along to the Valentines dinner. I realised we won't all fit round my little table, so I'm going to lay out the food and everyone can help themselves and we'll just sit around in my lounge and eat. I'm going to keep it simple and do a huge lasagne with jacket potatoes, salad and garlic bread. Dessert is going to be a maple and pecan cheesecake.

I bought some red heart tea light candles, and a bunch of red roses for the table, plus everyone is going to get a Valentines card. TBH, I'm 'daring greatly' here. I always relied on the support of H to host things and I'm not used to going it alone. Hopefully all will go well and you are all invited of course! RD your gift of a spa treat day is in the post already.

Sent a quick email to my L today. Generally I just leave her to it, but it's been two weeks since I sent her my settlement proposal & I'm not sure if she's done anything with it. Otherwise, all is well - busy at work and out with a couple of friends last night.

Take care all xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
job Offline
Sotto,
I think your dinner menu sounds perfect! Everyone will enjoy themselves and will still be talking about the night weeks from now. You are going to be okay and you will be a great hostess! Your guests will appreciate having some place to go to relax and enjoy company of others.

It's good to touch base w/your lawyer every once in a while. They tend to get busy and sometimes things get pushed aside just a wee bit. Hopefully she'll get back to you in a day or so.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
R
Dinner sounds great Sotto. Genuinely would love to be there . You will be a fantastic host Enjoy.

Take care. Rd xx

H
H
I want to come, too! Sounds so fun. GREAT idea!!

Me 41, H 47, M 15 yrs, S11, S13
BD 1: 11/4/14 we work on it; really I pretzel myself
BD 2: 3/31/15 H goes down to "dorm room"
8/15: H back to MBR
10/15: H back in dorm room
1/18: H files, now divorced
I
I
Hi Sotto - enjoy dinner and your friends. I would love to help out and be all neighbourly wink

Lasagne is a favourite of mine but I hardly ever have it as W is vegetarian and gluten free!

At least when we separate I get to eat what I want without thought for W's dietry restrictions. I look forward to expanding my culinary skills!

Me49 W45
T15 M13
S11 S8
BD 11/15/11 & 3/27/12
Moved out 4/9/12 Moved back 4/23/12
W working on US 5/20/12 Now Piecing!
May-Oct14 drifting
Dec 14 W agrees to more QT
BD Oct15 ILYBINILWY
W filed 1/25/16
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis