Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2630540 12/11/15 12:26 PM
T
tl2 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Old thread:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2629078&page=1

Signed the D papers yesterday. W and movers coming this morning for the final move-out.

I still don't agree with her decision, but it is/was her decision. I would re-commit were she to have a change of heart and demonstrate it over time with her actions. I can't see that happening. The kind of work and honesty involved with that is, frankly, not something she is capable of at this point in her life, at least in my thinking based on what I have seen and known about her over the years. In her life, since a teenager, she has made big messes and always run away eventually to leave others to clean up and repair the damage while she moves on to the next mess. Had she stuck with the M and done the work, this would have been the first time she honored a major commitment in her life or had not ran around, business as usual.

So I've accepted her decision fully as well as the consequences.

No looking back, and taking the future one day at a time.

Last edited by tl2; 12/11/15 12:29 PM.
J
J
Hugs, tl2.

I wonder how long your W will be able to run away from her life.

Our exes' decisions really svcks,don't they? Both of them are just not quite at the place where we need them to be.

But like you said, no looking back. Here's to a better tomorrow with each step that we take.

You can call me Dory/ Grl.

As a wise fish once sang,"Just keep swimming!"

It's no use to go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.
T
tl2 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Grl,

This is the point where I invoke, "Not my circus. Not my monkeys (NMCNMM)."

Her movers are here right now. True to her p-a nature, she is late.

NMCNMM!

J
J
Yes, NYCNYM!

D
D
Tl2, I'm sorry that it has went this way thus far. Keep working on making yourself into the guy YOU want to be. You are a big help to me. Thanks for that. I hope you can find something to do for yourself after the movers are done. Never been fond of circuses or poo throwing monkeys.

Be strong. Take care of yourself and have some fun today if you can!

3 boys
Not my circus, not my monkeys anymore....
T
tl2 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks man. Heading out of town in a little while to see family and friends.

R
RAI Offline
R
I hope your vacation gives you strength. Onward and upward.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
T
tl2 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I ran into the XW at the store last night.

I was buying groceries for Xmas dinner with my kids. Went down an aisle and hit the main aisle and she was right there. Dressed oddly for her, much younger (we live in a college town; she just moved into some apartments with a lot of college-aged people according to my son).

I did a double-take because I recognized her but her outfit threw me. I kept heading in her general direction (was on my way to a specific aisle) and said, Hi. She stopped and turned slightly like she was going to talk. She said, How are you? I nodded and said, Doing well, thanks...and just turned and kept going.

The whole thing gave me a sick feeling. Seeing her makes me uncomfortable but I can't really say it's anger or sadness or anything specific. This D hasn't slowed me down too much, but I clearly am still dragging more baggage than I thought else I wouldn't have felt bad the rest of the night.

A
A
Oh! I'm so sorry tl2. That really isn't a fun place to be. I'm sorry seeing her gave you a sick feeling that lasted through the night. I completely understand, though.

I wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Me: 48 H: 50 - Married 21 - 3-S: 29,19,19 2-D: 27,26
BD: 08/2015 - D filed & OW disc: 09/2015

"Surrender to What Is, Let Go of What Was, Have Faith in What Will Be." -S Ricotti
J
J
Hi tl2,
Can only how imagine disconcerting it is to see someone so familiar yet so strange at the same time.

You had the grace and the strength to face your XW. If I were in the same scenario, I would have turned tail.

Last edited by Grlonfr; 12/24/15 03:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard