Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2608364 09/20/15 12:08 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I haven't been here for a while. I probably should have left a long time ago but I love to read up on my friends and support when I can. Maybe taking a break has been good.

It's been a rough week. Ryan was rushed to hospital a week ago in pain. Very scary! Turned out he had water toxicity. His workers were giving Jim too much water. I had just recently brought up this possibility in a meeting since it happened about 12 years ago. We nearly lost him due to kidneys shutting down. But he is home.

Last night my dad collapsed in a parking lot. Totally unresponsive and no pulse. Somehow he was resuscitate. Paramedics said it was a miracle to save an 88 year old in his state. Had trouble getting hold of family - I'm 3 hours away but finally got my youngest sister who went there. And although he was in ICU and on a mask - he was cracking jokes! I'm packing up now to head there with my other sister. He has been going downhill fast, so hard...

In other news - things have been busy at SunFun Cottages - amazingly busy. I ran a camp for women there 2 weeks ago and it was resoundingly successful. Can't wait to do it again.

And yesterday's I got a new Seadoo! Hadn't planned on it but the little boat I got for the cottages wasn't working out so well as he water was incredibly shallow this summer. The Seadoo was bought by a rental company in July. They sell off their fleet at then end of every summer. 2 months old and only 40 hours and I got it for 2/3 of the price. I did check it all out and my Seadoo dealer knows the company and its all good. I was worried it might be hot. So I think I will keep it at my Ouse and take my other one to the cottage.

But enough about that, kat - wishing you all the best with the wedding. Thinking of all of you!

Barb

job Offline
Barb,
Please travel safely to your father's bedside. I hope that he's okay and he'll make a full recovery and live many more years.

I'm also sorry to hear about Ryan. I do hope he's feeling better now.

Sounds like the SunFun Cottages has been fun this year. Did you have better renters? I hope so. As for the Seadoo, you got a great deal on it!

Now, what about you? How are you feeling these days?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2608366 09/20/15 12:27 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I've got my Diabetes under control with a different med that is not causing me such tummy pain. But it seems to be causing me leg pain and restless leg syndrome - unless that is due to something else. I was actually headed to the ER myself last Sun when Ryan started crying out. So 2 Ultrasounds later (& a bit of Advil) & I'm feeling some better. Follow up with my dr this week. Was just ruling out blood clots but nothing showed up. I'm thinking I may have injured my leg but sometimes I'm rushing around so much I don't even notice.

Most renters have been wonderful this year and give rave reviews. A couple left the cottages a bit untidy so I won't have them back. Everyone wants to return so I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

Grateful for this sunny day.

Barb

K
K
Thanks for thinking of me. I am in the middle of a short break before I head back for the wedding.

It sounds as if you really have had your hands full. Glad that Ryan is home and I will be keeping your family and Dad in my prayers. I am glad you have been here, I have appreciated your support and kindness.

Hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
G
G
That sounds like a lot going on, and I'm sorry to hear about your dad and Ryan in the hospital. I'm glad Ryan is home and doing well, and it sounds like your dad is an extremely tough man.

Your leg cramps could be due to a cholesterol medication if you are taking one, you may want to check with your doc to see if you can switch kinds.

I always follow along on the alt, and even when you have the not so good stuff going on, you always fit in a good balance in your life and take care of yourself. Enjoy your Seadoo!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Ginger,
I've been wondering about meds causing the pain. I take Crestor for Cholesterol but Janumet can also cause joint pain I've heard. I'm seeing my doc this week to ask.
Dad is doing great! A true miracle. I'm heading home today, I'm blessed!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Kat,
Im glad the wedding went well. Your granddaughter is gorgeous. Can't wait for the wedding photos. I'm so glad things are going so well.
Hugs,
Barb

job Offline
Barb,
My mother takes Crestor and she is getting leg cramps at times.

Glad to hear that your dad is doing great. Travel safely.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard