Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Z
Zelda09 Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Hi, I wanted to give an update, a happy one. Life can be so much better than I would've imagined. Happy holidays to all.

There was a day I stopped 'seeing' my ex in crowds.
Finally a week passed and I had stopped dreams of him.
And then, about a month later, a friend told me of a convo they'd had, which normally would have left me spinning. And I just didn't care.

So the next day, around Thanksgiving, I signed up for a dating service. Met a lot of toads. But I learned I wasn't the divorced pariah I thought I'd be! And one day, about three weeks ago, someone special came into my life and now I am feeling things I would have been amazed to know I could feel after this year.

It was about this time last year I joined this forum. I thought I was losing the greatest person in my life- ha! I thought my life was over and I'd never stop hurting. Blessed clarity.

This year, my date for New Years is a handsome man, a doctor who is kind, hysterically literal, warm, one of the most intelligent people I've met - and he knows he wants to settle down. We are both excited about where we feel things going.

Even if nothing comes out of it, I've had a month where I learned how much I really do have to still offer and that I'm very much not dead.

All my DB friends that may still be here, I hope the same for each of you in the coming year!

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

J
J
Oh Zelda,

So lovely to see you here for a fleeting visit, with such lovely news. There was no doubt that you would come to something good and true.

I will always be grateful for your kind support of me through my very troubled period. Your wise words were such a comfort.

It does my heart good to know you have found some happiness and joy again.

All my love to your and yours over this holiday season.

JellyBxxx

A
A
Zelda, I am so happy for you. It is SO inspiring to hear about life on the other side. Thank you so much for sharing.

BD 2/15
separation 1/16
formerly Pho or Fo
J
J
Just a bump for Zelda's update post, so those that knew her, know she visited.

G
G
Nice zelda, too me a bit longer but things are a happening

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard