Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
U and RD

I doubt the car has any value it's an old street Ka, intact but a small dent. Hasn't been run for 9 months.

It will need a wash etc and photos which means taking it out of the garage to do it. I might even need to pay someone to take it away. It would cost to put it on auto trader and the Jeep didn't sell this way. I ended up part exchanging it for very little ££££. It isn't taxed or insured at this point.

Bad rain today so not going to happen. Next weekend.

It's a school day.

Onwards and upwards.

U I needed to give up all sugary foods, I confess to having done this with the pure white and deadly (John Yudkin) for a while, but was still eating cheese (lactose) and drinking wine. Both have sugar. I also was eating potatoes, which I love. Now it's sweet potato and no cheese or milk. Bread is really reduced too.

I love avocados so that's good news.

I made some turkey burgers yesterday, measured to be 100 gms.

PP, I referred to you as my health elf! Thank you.

RD as always, thank you for caring so much.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

P
P
Hi V,

Here's what I recommend for you. The caveat to all of it being - listen to your body. If you start to get tired, have trouble sleeping, are getting irritable (without provocation from you XH), or feeling overly frustrated it's time to back off.

Please remember that fitness, and health all start in the kitchen. The gym is far less important but it sounds like you're on a monitored program.

Let's split your workouts into 4 separate days. You can pick whatever day of the week this works for you so day 1 doesn't have to be Monday, day 2 on Tues etc. You know your body so your warm up before each workout will be up to you. I recommend about 10 minutes of whatever gets your heart pumping and let's you limber up a bit

Day 1: Strength Day

Kettlebell Swings - Start with 25, each week add 5. These can be broken up into as many sets as you need. Rest as needed

Dumbell Press - 4 sets of 9-12 reps. Rest as needed

Squats - you don't need weights for these, just use your body weight. 4 sets of 8 - 12 reps. Add 4 reps each week. Alternate a set of presses and a set of squats

Push Up Plank Hold - accumulate :30. Add 5 seconds each week.

Finish with 10 min on the Elyptical

Day 2 - Swimming - 30 - 40 min

Day 3 - Strength Day

Kettlebell Deadlifts - 4 sets of 8 -10 reps. Rest as needed

Dumbbell Bench Press - 4 sets of 8-10 reps. Rest as needed. You can also alternate these with the deadifts.

Walking lunges - 20 total reps. Add 4 reps each week up to 40. Rest as needed.

Sit Ups (not crunches, but full sit ups) - 20 reps. Add 5 reps every 2 weeks. Rest as needed.

Walk/Elyptical/Swim - 15 Minutes

Day 4 - Yoga

Day 5 - Swim or Walk for 45 Minutes.

This gives you 5 days and will let you build both strength and a bit of endurance. I would recommend researching the swing, deadlift, and squat to make sure that you're doing them correctly. If you can get a properly trained trainer to show them once first, that's a great option.

Feel free to ask any questions about the above, it's a basic program but will give you the most bang for your buck.

Big hug V,

PP

M 39 W 36
T5 M3
BD - 1/15 Separated - Same Day
Served 9/15
D finalized 6/17
Z
Z
Hi V, how go the projects and life and things?

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
PP, I start tomorrow.

Z, I am thinking about an abuse recovery thread. What do you think? Or just recovery.

V

V 64, WAW

Z
Z
I think it could be a nice sequel.
I struggle mostly with sense of reality of past, validating my own experiences.

Even today walking the dog I caught myself wondering, what if he was right about me when he said xyz. It's hard, because the philosophy on these forums is that we need to listen to our partner and learn from them. An abuser doesn't so much hold up a mirror to us, as he holds up a mirror to our worst fears and his own projections.

Everything I read on the web about recovery is about establishing a sense of self-worth. That seems like the cart before the horse, because I can't even untangle my own thoughts.

It's getting better though. If you can write something as a thread that could help people get to the strong reality-grounded place you are, I think it would be really helpful.

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

K
K
Hi V....did you know that coffee is an natural analgesic? Pain in the joints could be from drinking less coffee. Also the caffeine withdrawal will give you headaches.

Cortisol is our fight or flight chemical. You have too much Cortisol from all the stress you've been dealing with. I find listening to relaxation music at night helps me unwind. I have one I like that actually has subliminal positive affirmations in it. I also take melatonin if I'm having trouble sleeping. Sleep is very important. Equal to exercise and good eating. Running and Hot Yoga are my stress relievers. I go to the gym too but it doesn't destress me. Find something you enjoy that helps you feel like you have gotten some of that stress out of your body when you are done. Any type of exercise done at the same pace for a longer time puts you into a more meditative mind set. Like a long walk at a steady pace.

You are on the right road V.

Hugs

Me 52 H 44
T9 M 5
BD 12/11 H
split 8/12
OW moved in 12/12
OW gone for good 6/14
We get closer again 9/14
SD 13 Me 4 Grown

Accept what is...let go of what was and have faith in what will be.
D
D
I'm SO glad to hear you are taking care of your health, V! You deserve the very best and I'm glad you are taking care of that for yourself. smile

Thanks for stopping by my thread and leaving your always insightful and thought-provoking words. I appreciate your advice, your wisdom and your support.

Have a wonderfully amazing day, my friend! smile

Last edited by Dawn70; 08/25/15 01:57 PM.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I have some posts in planning for V and am thinking about this new thread.

I am open to suggestions too.

Cadet how does this new thread sound to you?

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Very bad day

The new offices were flooded up to a foot of water as the main drain on the farmers field was blocked.

I could curse

And I may well do that

V

V 64, WAW

J
J
Sorry to hear about the flooding V. frown

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"