Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2587208 07/12/15 06:54 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the kind posts on my old thread. The understatement of the year is that MLC is a funny old business.

You start with a broken heart, and end up feeling sorry for the person who broke it. Strange trajectory. And in between a LOT of other emotions.

My xh (still in MLC) now wants me back in his life (having run fast and far for many years, and a champion spewer) and I don't want this any more. No crumbs from a strange persons table.

Marriage is a long dialogue and when it is broken or fails it is hard to restore. Difficult to put something else in its place.

It is possible to restore a marriage, and it is possible to have a friendship with someone post divorce, but not simply on their terms.

None of us asked for this or 'deserved' it, but we can do more than simply survive it - we can grow and prosper.

beatrice #2587246 07/12/15 12:51 PM
job Offline
Bea,
All I can say is "AMEN" on your posting.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2587515 07/13/15 04:36 PM
B
B
Bea, we cannot make choices for other people. Often times people make very poor choices that cause a great deal of harm to others. Its sad that at the time, they don't see it. Many times, later on, they want to try to repair the damage they caused. Often times, its too late. Too much has been said and done. That's my situation. I no longer care about my XW in anyway. Too much has been said and done for me to get past. I have a new life now, and have for some time. In my new life, there is no room for my XW in anyway, shape, form, or fashion. Over the years, she has tried to contact me either by phone, email, facebook, through mutual friends, etc. What she gets from me is silence. I bare no ill will, but I have no desire to communicate with her in anyway. Everyone is different and if you can establish a friendship with them, good! If not, move on with your life and develop your own happiness!

B
OP Offline
B
BH - we are all different. I do not think I will ever cease to care about my xh - we had a very long and very happy marriage. But he is not the person I married. We have three amazing adult children. Two of them have a limited relationship with their father, the eldest does not. What I don't want is false friendship.

If he genuinely wanted to try and repair the damage I would listen. Not to restore the marriage, but for the sake of what we had.

In my case however my xh simply wants me in his life as a sign that 'all is well', and that no harm was done. This is not true, and I can't relate to this pod person.

So, as things are, I am getting on happily with my life. If he genuinely changed and got through his crisis, I would know. His actions would show it.

beatrice #2589589 07/19/15 02:07 PM
F
F
Why it's braveheart!

Bea, you are one of just a few familiar names left on here. Your situation is interesting and it certainly makes sense to not want contact solely on his terms. You are right that you begin brokenhearted and somehow find yourself feeling sorry for the X.

BH, I guess we all do what makes sense for our situation. I don't know that I would want to be in touch with X but I have to communicate with X because of D9. We get along OK but he still irritates me as I feel he still treats D9 less than she deserves.

I found that when my former MIL died, it was quite hard to deal with. I've had more trouble letting go of that than I wanted.

However, X is still extremely self-centered and I believe now that it was less an MLC and more a part of his personality that I somehow overlooked. He's kind of like an extended family member who is annoying but I still have to deal with.

Just celebrated my 2-year anniversary with H.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

forward #2589673 07/19/15 11:33 PM
E
E
we' ve been at it since 2009. We too feel sorry for XH. My kids are in the middle. He text one or the other without anybody else knowing. It is sometimes driving me nuts but there is no points fighting over this. it is harmless. he ask his questions of our plans and try to interfere from time to time but I won' t change my plans anymore. We are living our lives. The kids have the choice of going with him or me. My 2 youngest now go to their father' s one week-end a month. He no longer visit during the week. He has very little contact with the oldest and text son regularly but son often stay here.

OW doesn' t participate in their activities but her daughter tag along. HER daughter doesn' t know me but tells my daughter how lucky she is to have me.. Her son did not go back to live with them. So. I guess it is NOT as wonderful as it appeared to be.

We all have our own story line but we all share common feelings and similarities. We all go through the same stages to get where WE ( lbs ) are today.

forward #2589820 07/20/15 02:13 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Quote:
He's kind of like an extended family member who is annoying but I still have to deal with.

Forward - your posts always make me laugh. Yes, not all of this is MLC - but some of it is. I am so happy you are with someone who appreciates you!

beatrice #2589903 07/20/15 06:09 PM
D
D
Bea - Wow, hearing your thoughts from 12 July post. You have been thru a tremendous amount. You are strong to realise what you want and not accept less. I wonder when/if I will get there.

H: 48 Me: 47
Married: 19 yrs T: 20 yrs
2 teen-Ds and S
H-MLC (started 2012) and H-Unemployed (11/2014)
D-Bomb: 2/2015
H left country but hasn't moved out: 7/2015
I filed: 7/2015

dejavu2 #2590229 07/21/15 04:16 PM
B
B
Forward, I drop by now and again, not very often. It's hard to believe it's been over 9 years. I look back on that time and it seems like it's such a distant memory. I don't have any contact with my XW at all, and I want it that way. I don't know what she is doing and do not care. I've long ago moved on with my life and she is in my past.

C
C
An old timers reunion, cool!

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard