Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
A
It is great that you've got exercise firmly planted in your regime, this alone is probably keeping you on a level and able to cope with the crazy work schedule.

There will be days when you want your sitch to be over, your goals and plans will help ease that as you'll be able to track your progress on and towards them so that the state of limbo feels a long way off.

Take care with your busy work life, remember there's a balance too far either way will have an impact. It is tempting to say, "when I get through this I'll..." what often happens is that another thing comes along and so you never get to the task you said you'd get to and before you know it much time has passed by; some might say you've been putting it off and using work as an excuse.

Rather than looking at goal and plan defining as a single session, break it down into one a day, 15-20 minute chunks. Doing this enables your sub-conscious to work on them during the time you are busy with work and so your plan and goal time will be ultra effective.

- Nobody has ever learnt anything important from happiness and success; problems make us grow
- Consult your plan, not your feelings
- If you haven't set goals, how can you expect to achieve anything?
G
gr8ful3 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you Avanti, I like that plan. One a day for 15-20 minutes. I agree, sometimes I feel I use work as an excuse to put off goal setting. Not sure why it's hard for me sometimes to follow-up? I do it at work all the time.

I must keep trying. I very much appreciate your feedback.

Gr8ful

Me: 53
H: 54
M: 31

A
A
Looks like one of your goals have just presented itself to you.

Do you suffer from a degree of procrastination? It could be the reason why you delay things and you need to look inside yourself for the why.

For many it's fear of the unknown, this is a desire to stay within their comfort zone.

Take some baby steps to try to break any habit you might have. Go for one day where you follow up on everything, the tough ones first, and see what happens then do another day and see if you are still alive. On the third day decide to make it 5 days straight and so on...when you reach 30 days, you'll have a new habit.

One last thing that is a comment on your second to last last sentence, as Yoda would say "there is only do or do not, there is no try" set any goal with language that is as if you are already doing it.

- Nobody has ever learnt anything important from happiness and success; problems make us grow
- Consult your plan, not your feelings
- If you haven't set goals, how can you expect to achieve anything?
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard