Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: rd500
Happy fathers day Sherman. You are an example to us all. What you have to deal with is beyond me and I don't think I could deal with it

I have my 4 all the time save Friday nights when D11 stays with her mom. Reading your posts makes me realise how lucky. I am

Your two boys are so lucky and in time they will reap the reward of being raised by a man with your character

Stay strong mate. Rd

Thinking more on this... I still have my fears, uncertainty and doubts (FUD). I still get butterflies in my stomach over this whole set of events.

I hate that it's happened this way and there's still a piece of me that wishes she'd come to her senses. The logical part fights with that part though... so definitely mixed emotions.

I'm just focused on what I want next in my life without her (still figuring some of it out). What's important to me.

BTW, if anyone needs help with finding GAL activities in their area, do a search on "meetup" This usually has groups of like minded people for things you might be interested in.

Happy Father's day to you too!

Me: 45 W43
S7, Foster S9 (Planning to adopt post divorce)
D mentioned Feb 2015, Wife served 3/24/2015. She moved out 4/15/2015.
F
F
Originally Posted By: Sherman333
Thinking more on this... I still have my fears, uncertainty and doubts (FUD). I still get butterflies in my stomach over this whole set of events.

I hate that it's happened this way and there's still a piece of me that wishes she'd come to her senses. The logical part fights with that part though... so definitely mixed emotions.

I think we all have those feelings. You do a great job of focusing on what you can control and leave the rest to whatever will happen. Nothing more we can do. If our WAS's want to change, they will.

Last edited by Fogg; 06/22/15 02:49 AM.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
S
OP Offline
S
Quote:
You do a great job of focusing on what you can control and leave the rest to whatever will happen.

Thank you for the vote of confidence... From my perspective, I'm just struggling through it on lots of days. laugh

I know there's a bright future and I never question that (for some reason everyone wants to reassure me... that has gotten annoying... maybe I've complained too much?). I have a lot of disappointment in the way things are and the idea of essentially raising the kids as a single dad...has it's scary moments, but it's better than the constant controlling spew we were getting before. laugh

For us Michiganders, it would be cool to meet-up sometime local. The last time I went through this we had DB GetTogethers. Even took a trip to Vegas and met up with folks. It was pretty cool and was a great support mechanism.

I'm about 45 min or so south of Lansing.

V
V
Divided by a common language.

By reversing, I mean backing off a little slowly.

In other words, your strong enforcing of your boundary is having an effect.

Hmmmm.

Must watch my slang.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 06/28/15 12:14 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

F
F
For us Michiganders, it would be cool to meet-up sometime local. The last time I went through this we had DB GetTogethers. Even took a trip to Vegas and met up with folks. It was pretty cool and was a great support mechanism.

Didn't see this before, but yeah that might be cool sometime in the future. If you're 45 mins south of Lansing I'm about 45 mins east of you. Bunch of us from Michigan on the forums lately so could be something at some point.

How's life otherwise? Hope things are going great with S7 and FS9.

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
Divided by a common language.

George Bernard Shaw correct? smile

Quote:
England and America are two countries separated by the same language

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Fogg

Didn't see this before, but yeah that might be cool sometime in the future. If you're 45 mins south of Lansing I'm about 45 mins east of you. Bunch of us from Michigan on the forums lately so could be something at some point.

If we do it in the summer, I know a great lake to visit. smile

Life's going pretty well. She's given up a lot of parenting time during the week. Claiming its all my fault. I'm being super mean.

Since July 13th, She's had all of 13 minutes of FaceTime and tonight she took him to see his therapist. He said she spent most of the time in the office literally crying over how horrible was to be married. How she had to mow the yard (not true). S7 said "I had to keep giving her tissues dad...". It's part of her attempt to manipulate things. The reality on the mowing is it only happened a few times and she didn't have to do it. She was in school when I was working 45 to 50 hours a week. She'd voluntarily mow on a Friday when I was at work and then tell how horrible I was because she "had" to mow the yard. So it was a setup as a "bind".

So the saga continues...

Now, as for S7 and FS9, They're having a blast. We've been tubing quite a bit. Fishing and swimming. I have them going to one of the summer day camps every day. Horseback riding, archery, zip line, swimming, games, etc. They come home tired. This is there 2nd year there.

For the 4th we had about 4 adults and 6 kids come out to visit to hang-out and watch fireworks
. It was great.

FS9 caught a good sized bass and S7 caught his 1st walleye last weekend. I got a huge bass. laugh

Z
Z
Originally Posted By: Fogg

Glad ur doing well Sherman!!!
I get out to sw Michigan 5-10,times a year and end up in kzoo or paw paw at lest once a trip...so count me in wink

I'm thinking Bells!!!

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
S
OP Offline
S
That would be very cool.

Give us a confirmed date(s) you'll be out our way and we can go from there.

Z
Z
Will look...will likely be end of summer before soccer season and football camps start back up 4 the kids.

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard